Please make the mod hard ;P

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Aedeon

Re: Please make the mod hard ;P

Post by Aedeon » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:48 am

maybe we'd have something more cabal war related to talk about if we got an update? ::hint hint::
confidant . . . cocky . . . lazy . . . dead

Funesto

Post by Funesto » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:49 pm

less talk more update :D wheres that eye candy?...or better yet how about that release that we've all been so desperately waiting for? :P

to be honest im kinda getting tired of waiting :cry:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:28 am

It takes time to make a mod like Cabal Wars, so we have just to wait for Joel to finish it :)

Also when making updates it will take time from working on the mod and if you ask me I choose working on the mod before working on updates to often :)

Shodokan369

Post by Shodokan369 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:57 pm

agreed
Also, it is VERY possable to get it to work on a pvpgn server.
If this mod is TOO hard then it will not have a huge fan base IMO but then again it might. some people think the harder the better
i have ben plynig AR for 1.1 and it suits me well, and i tried ur mod as well and its kicky.

Keep in mind tho that alot of people wit ADD will play this... cause most of the players of any partial thing to do wit d2 are teens lol

MSI Magus
Paladin

Post by MSI Magus » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:27 am

I agree it takes time. Id rather have a great mod and without a ton of bugs then a version released to soon with less options and crashes every 10 mins. Everytime I hear of a game being delayed instaed of growning I smile because it means they are taking their time with that game.

Anyways. I also agree about the some like games if they are to hard. As I said before I dont e ven think its that they like it as much as it is they want to sound the hardcore l33t gamer. Hell most of the time they dont even realize it because they have been acting the role so long they dont realize that their doing it anymore.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:46 am

Well, i apologize for the lack of news. flue, end of year commitment, exams to correct etc ...

Got some good point tough , but some abd tough :

-> the progress are slow but still going on. At one poitn tough, i'll have to rewrite a large part of the mod (mainly early act and skills). I've lead me into a dead end and i'll have to rebuild a large aprt of it from scratch.

-> for the difficulty. if you've played Diablo I, then you should see how hard it can be. Killing 1-2 monsters cna be easy , but you'll haev to think twice or thrice before jumping right in a boss pack ^^
i've reenabled some old ideas to spice up monsters. You'll encounters skeleton that explodes into bone shard nova at death, lava elemental that leak out lava on being hit etc ...

Will ty to get some more infos here and then. ;)
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

GhOsT(eth)
Champion of the Light

Post by GhOsT(eth) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:18 am

[quote=Shodokan369";p="149607"]agreed
Also, it is VERY possable to get it to work on a pvpgn server.
[/quote]

yes it is probably possible but the person hosting the server will have to work closely with Joel to make sure everything runs smoothly
~~Closed Server Preeminence~~
Code of the Ostrich - I can't see you, therefore you can't see me.
Code of the GhOsT - You can't see me, therefore I can't see you.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:51 am

yep, GhOsT(eth) is right. We already started to see how it can be done.

BTW, I fixed a problem with this. I think it'll be even simpler to set ip up on PvPGn or even a dedicated classic realms.

More info to come soon.

MSI Magus
Paladin

Post by MSI Magus » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:10 am

Its understandable joel we all have stuff come up...family drops in unexpected, someone dies, we get sick or just every day life. Just keep plugging away even if we dont see your mod for 6 months or a year its ok you have a life outside of mod making.

Just make sure it does get released :x or we will hunt you down! :twisted:
It seems most of the mods that are the biggest and most impressive like yours never see release. I cant even count how many mods Iv thought wow this looks amazing just to find after watching it for 6 months that the project has disbanded!

So take your time with the mod and enjoy your life as well....just dont cancle the mod....I dont think I could take another one...you would have to be the target of my rage! ;)

And ya that was why Diablo was great. You could handle a few guys easily but if you turned the wrong corner and ran into a group that was to big you were dead! If you played the game carefully you would die but it wouldnt be a constant. It was about skill unlike most D2 mods nowdays which just seem to be about making the monsters beefcakes that dont take skill to kill just time or a dozen asprin.
Last edited by MSI Magus on Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:45 pm

Me droppign the project :!: na :)
the worst that can happen is some cosmetic changes (name/bkg etc ...)
all the work done till then will be used even if it's not in its original forms.

Return to “Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide”