FINAL SKILL TREES - The Shalafi Cabal

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

FINAL SKILL TREES - The Shalafi Cabal

Post by Joel » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:46 pm

"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: FINAL SKILL TREES - The Shalafi Cabal

Post by Alkalund » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:09 pm

:)

Very cool Joel! Will the skills have prerequisites?

The icons you chose for the skills are very fitting, nice stuff :D

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:28 pm

No prerequisite for skills.
You can see the new skill system here :

http://d2mods.xfernet.com/~cabalwars/te ... res/system

It'll may not be finished for 1.10 beta cause it need custom dll edition (until I found a way to do it softcoded)) but the items will be in.

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:48 am

It is great to see, how rapidly the mod is progressing now :)
And the skills promise to be different, interesting and looks cool with the new icons!

Just one question:
Natural Balance - Level 5

This passive skill increase the HP and regeneration rate of you and your minions. It also prevent corpse to be used by other spells.
So the corpses can't be used for different skills? That may annoy party members, especially since it's passive and can't be turned off.
Also, Cleansing Rain is already great for body removal.
Maybe you better give Natural Balance a bonus like Redemption in D2 is now: a percentage to receive mana and life back. Or just mana.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:17 am

Well, as far as i am now, the RIP passive bonus was removed.
I think i'll add something like +mana per kill OR +life per kill.

Besides that is everything Ok ?

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:07 am

well its because its because that could hurt their allies (unless they have no corpse removal) if they want to dispose of the corpse (think in a summon necro trying to revive skeletons with a Redemption aura (radius changed to two screens) paladin near him, he will fight for the corpses inestead of concentrate more in the monsters :-|

it would fit more on the other factions as passive since its supposed they have no aliance.

note that passive skills that "eat corpses" will be not usable at all in concept of multiplayer, of course is a nice thing for single player but tought in that ;)

also nice skills do you have Joel, I wish I had the same potential for mines but its clearly visible only with see them who knows more about modding :D

Edit: yup its all ok Joel I like your mod, and since I prefer to play in single player I found no problem with any skill.

so do as the heart says to you and you will succeed ;)
Last edited by Vendanna on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:27 am

Besides that is everything Ok ?
I think, that is the biggest understatement I've seen in this forum yet...all is great, Joel :!:

Chiffa

Post by Chiffa » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:21 am

It's really great... :mrgreen:
Musst conssume, or oblivion will take uss...

Emperor d3st

Post by Emperor d3st » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:11 am

Yeah! Great!
"Duty is everything: the greatest of joys, the deepest of sorrows..."
- Aribeth de Tylmarande

Iridescence

Post by Iridescence » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:36 pm

Concerning the passive corpse removal thing - Since there are no prereqs, party enchantresses don't have to put points into it....

And I wish I could see the skill trees, but those pages appear to be down :(

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:03 pm

They are down for a few days sorry, have to rework the site in a hurry and I can't get them up sooner.

Here's the txt translation tough :

BATTLEMAGE :

Code: Select all

Chakra Strike - Level 1
First step on the Battlemage's way, the Chakra Strike free the inner forces of the battlemage in one powerful strike.

Armor - Level 5
The Armor spell is a simple protection spell that recover the spell target with magical scales, increasing his or her defence rate.

Blade of Damocles - Level 5
Focusing her energy trough her sword, the Battle mage can throw it to any opponent, converting a part of the damage into magic damages.

Magic Missile - Level 5
The most common but efficient spells of the Battle Mage. The Magic missiles releases up to 10 magic bolts homing their targets.

Mental Knife - Level 10
The Mental Knife attack sears trough the opponents minds, paralysing it for a few seconds and making it wandering aimlessly for sometime. The Knife also converts weapon damage into magical one.

Protective Shield - Level 10
Great complement of the Armor spell, the Protective Shield protects the Battle Mage or her allies from ranged attacks by increasing its chance to avoid them.

Color Spray - Level 10
A brutal release of magic energy channeled trough a inferno like spell dealing magic damage to various target.

Haste - Level 20
With this spell, the Shaalfi can increase ehr or her allies speed. Attack,casting and walk speed are increased for a short time.

Enchant Item - Level 20
Channeling magic energy trough its weapons, the Shaalfi can alter its composition. The item between quicker, harder and deals additional magic damage for a given time. Shalafi can enchant any weapons she owns or her allies own.

Chromatic Orb - Level 20
This spell conjures an instable magic sphere that spits various burst of energy. The orb stay for some seconds before exploding into a wave of magic missiles.

Tenser's transform - Level 30
Spell of the last Chance for many battlemage, the Tenser's Transform indue a total change into the Shalafi metabolism, turning her into a fierce warrior, gaining various attack and damages bonus.

Planar Echo - Level 30
A powerful sword strike charged with magical forces. The first strike stun the opponent and release a bolt of energy carrying the melee damage over a short distance.
ELEMENTALIST

Elemental Dart - Level 1
Release a basic elemental energy bolt. As the mastery of the elements is far from perfect, the element type of the bolt is unknown until it hits. The Dart hits succesive enemies with lower and lower damage and can bounce off walls.

Firestream - Level 5
With this spell, the Elementalist can bend flames to her will and spread a fire stream to an enemy. To cast this spell, the caster have to use a natural or magical fire source, like a torch or a fire-enchanted weapon from which she will generates the fire

Frostbolt - Level 5
The Frostbolt is the simplest but most useful cold spell a Shalafi can master. It releases a quick bolt of frozen air that instantaneously freeze the target. It deals low damage but the duration of the freeze goes up pretty quick.

Shocking Trap - Level 5
The Shocking trap is the first attempt of a Shalafi to master the power of ligthning. It deposit a static globe of ligthning that finally explodes in a nova of charged bolts. Walking on the Trap also trigger the explosion. Each trap can be triggered four

Fireball - Level 10
Next stage of fire mastery, the fireball is a deflagrating ball of flames that the Shalafi hurls to enemies. The fireball explodes, doing additional splash damages to nearby enemies.

Oni no Ona - Level 10
The Oni no Ona is a lesser incarnation of the Spirit of Winter. This lesser form take the shape of an arctic wolf who hunts enemies and release icestorm on them. Due to the fragile link between the Shalafi and this spirit, it never last long.

Voltaic Coil - Level 10
The Voltaic Coil is a rampant ligthning bolt that can engulf one to many enemies in a blast of lightning energy, bouncing from place to place. The Voltaic Coil can also home to its target after being cast.

Pyroclasm - Level 20
The Pyroclasm is an incarnation of the Spirit of Flames. Pyroclasm are hefty creatures that contiunously wear an aura of fire and can release various fire related spells during its attacks.

Icicles Assault - Level 20
By channeling elemental power to a single spot, the Shalafi creates a rift between our world and the Elemental Plane of Ice. By controlling this rift, the Shalafi can release barrage of ice bolts to enemies.

Storm Shield - Level 20
By using this spell, the Shalafi concentrates static energy around her, creating a ligthning armor. This armor is dense enough to deviate attacks and can retaliate attackers with lightning bolt.

Elemental Sphere - Level 30
As the power of the Elementalist grow up, her need of protection against these same elements begin to be needed. The Elemental Sphere spell allows an Elementalist to be protected from any element attack form.

Planar Rift - Level 30
The pinnacle of Elementalist powers, the Planar Pulse releases three succesives waves of pure elemental energy, one of each type (fire,cold,ligthning). Each waves deals damage with increased ranges.
ENCHANTRESS :

Juniper Familliar - Level 1
Conjure wild animals on your side. The conjured animal type is random but get stronger when the skill level is increased.

Lure - Level 5
Create an illusionary double of yourself that attract enemies. The Lure last for a given time or until it is hit by something.

Bramble Patch - Level 5
Summon brambles roots at target location.
The patch reflect damages and can spawn 
new bramble when getting hit.

Natural Balance - Level 5
This passive skill increase the HP and regeneration rate of you and your minions. It also prevent corpse to be used by other spells.

Alter Perceptions - Level 10
Confuse a group of monsters which begin to attack each others or wander aimlessly.

Ensnare - Level 10
Create a wall of brambles roots that hit enemy with half physical/half poison damages and slow them down.

Cleansing rain - Level 10
Conjures some magical rain over the targeted area the rain drops heals you and your minions and wash away the bodies of the dead.

Dire Charm - Level 20
Convert a monster to fight on your side. The converted monster gains damage bonus. The charm have a chance to fail and last for a given time that increase with slvl.

Wood Guardian - Level 20
Greater form of natural link, the Enchantress can conjure a Ent to fight on her side. The Guardian have built-in thorns, is immune to magic but vulnerable to fire.

Earthlink - Level 20
This aura turns you into a sentient tree. While in this form, movement and ranged attacks are not possible, but physical damage is reduced, attacks are reflected on opponents, and a magical aura is radiated to empower your minions.

Brew Potion - Level 30
Craft a potion from the thin air. The resulting potion is random but has 90% chance to be benefical. The spell requires to have an Athanor in the inventory to be cast. Quality, quantity and type of the potions increase with slvl.

Gaia's Sentinel - Level 30
Summons a nymph to fight on your side. The nymph can use some nature's related spells as well as some of Enchantress spell. The Sentinel carries various magical items that help in her duties.

Althalus

Post by Althalus » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:11 pm

8-O wow, nice...back to the drawing table for me... :(
I cant wait until the mod is done! I will probably put up a server on the internet if i can for it (if its fun) :D

Return to “Cabal Wars - Aeons Tide”