Where can i get all the effect codes?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

100%

Total votes: 1

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Where can i get all the effect codes?

Post by DragonBane » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:57 pm

like the code things on items, like lifesteal = life steal, dmg% = ed, ac% = e defense, nofreeze = no freeze etc... like a complete list of them
"Cold be heart and hand and stone, cold be traveller's far from home."

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:59 pm

Those can be found in the Resources area of the keep for D2/D2X Version 1.08 and later.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:09 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew this. Is there any way you can add new item modifiers like +max elemental dmg/lvl, +ias/lvl, or totally new mods like having twohanded swords able to be used onehanded, granted you actually create the effects with graphics and stats before adding the modifier in the game?
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:34 am

no you can't create new ones without source code..

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:09 am

Sorry, but what do you mean by "source code"?
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:33 am

The game is written in C/C++, files with that code on it are the source files. Those are Blizzard's intellectual property, you would have a snowball's chance in Act 4 of ever seeing them. It would not be impossible to create new effects without being able to recompile the DLLs, but it would take some seriously ingenious reverse engineering by a demon assembly coder. We have come up with some amazing things, relatively speaking, but we are still picking low-hanging fruit.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:46 am

Myhrginoc" wrote:We have come up with some amazing things, relatively speaking, but we are still picking low-hanging fruit.
And dont be suprised to think that Blizzard is just waiting for you to reach for something higher. 8)

But the stuff you guys have done is truly amazing and I always tip my hat to you when perusing the Code Editing forum. :)
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

milotin

Post by milotin » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:52 am

Yeah, a big pat on the back for all the guys here on the forum's. Very helpful. Ask a honest question, get a honest answer, just the way it should be.
"Est Sularas Oth Mithos"
My Honour Is My Life

Jarulf
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by Jarulf » Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:37 pm

Myhrginoc" wrote:The game is written in C/C++, files with that code on it are the source files.
Just in case anyone wonder. D2 is almost completely written in C. There are a few (and that means few) C++ code in there and they also utilize a few extensions and such that comes with C++ (is that the correct terminology?). There are some cases of assembler, but only for cases where it was needed since the result could not be acomplished without assembler. It is true that the source files have the .cpp extension and the compiler runes in "C++ mode" so to speak (needed since there are some C++ code in there) but for all practical purposes it is written in C.

This is not only possible to see by looking at the dissasembled code but also evident from the answer I got when I once asked one of the programmers about it :)

This doesn't change your answer in any way of course.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

RexxLaww" wrote:
Myhrginoc" wrote:We have come up with some amazing things, relatively speaking, but we are still picking low-hanging fruit.
And dont be suprised to think that Blizzard is just waiting for you to reach for something higher. 8)
They'll either sue me or hire me. {M}

Seriously, that is why I am being selective about my aims. I'll consider anything that plays in Open fair game, but I won't touch network (especially Battle.net) code at all, or Game.exe. Even with those self-imposed restrictions...well, their lawyer budget is far greater than mine.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “General Mod Making”