patchstring.tbl problems

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

sonic
Paladin

patchstring.tbl problems

Post by sonic » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:30 pm

i have made a new monster in act 1 blood moor
added new in patchstring.tbl (data\local\lng\eng\patchstring.tbl) everything fine in game as it should be.
then i added patchstring.tbl to patch_D2.mpq launched it and took a look at the monster and his name "an evil force"
have i missed something?

i am using patchstring.tbl from patch_d2.mpq (and it works fine with -direct -txt)
its a new monster i have created.
added lines to monstats.txt monstats2.txt levels.txt treasureclass.txt
made cof lines placed in animdata made new token and everything works as it should its just the name,
i don't know what i have done wrong.
patch 1.13c

second problem i had with an item that i have created when i drop it on the floor in game and press the "show items" button i get the following error sometimes

the same or another error has been triggered before in the same way (100% success rate) after i have reduced the text (description of item with 2 different colors, 3 lines)in the patchstring.tbl file the problem seemed to be fixed but now i got the error sometimes.
is there a limit of letters/numbers/symbols that 1 item can have? if yes whats the limit?
does the color code below count as 4 letters/numbers/symbols or 1?

Return to “General Mod Making”