Question about creating pseudo lootfilter with treasureclassex

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

flyspray091
Australia

Question about creating pseudo lootfilter with treasureclassex

Post by flyspray091 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi, bit of noob question. I know lootfilters already exist, but they're bundled up with {filtered}, and you have to inject them every time you run the game, so I was thinking of something simpler.

My idea was to simply create a new entry in treasureclassex.txt called NOTHING and set the nodrop to 100. Then I would just copy NOTHING and paste it over every potion, scroll, arrows, bolts, gold pile, etc, just to get of all the junk and keep the screen clean (especially for things like trav or LK).

I tried it out and it works great, but being a noob, I can't be certain if I didn't break anything else accidentally. My biggest concern is that doing this may have affected drop rates of other items in a way I don't understand.

That's why I wanted to ask the experts; this should be fine, right? All drop rates should be exactly same as before, only the junk doesn't drop? Please set my mind at ease, lol.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Question about creating pseudo lootfilter with treasureclassex

Post by Cypress » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:41 pm

As far as I know, there shouldn't be an issue as long as all the changes you made are downstream of the non-junk drops.

It also might be worth noting that you can change the names of items directly by changing their strings (so you could blank out or shorten the names of items you don't care that much about or add colored names/symbols to items you do care about), although this won't help with the ground item name display limit.

flyspray091
Australia

Re: Question about creating pseudo lootfilter with treasureclassex

Post by flyspray091 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:03 am

Thanks for that. That's a good idea about strings, would be nice to highlight certain things.

Return to “General Mod Making”