internal error 6fb70193

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

shawnmick
United States of America

internal error 6fb70193

Post by shawnmick » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fb70193

ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/c0ddd1a86060 ... 40bb9d.png

After killing duriel and while items are still dropping to the ground the game occasionally crashes with this error. i have made many code edits and modifications to .txts including most recent change to the treasureclass file. if anyone has any experience with this issue at all, any information would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone has any crash report troubleshooting guides they could point out to me that would be an amazing resource as well. appreciate all your time and thanks in advance.

Update 9/15/2020 hmm i deleted a line with a 0 chance drop i wonder if it was required ill have to test. i appreciate the feedback
Last edited by shawnmick on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: internal error 6fb70193

Post by Cypress » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Sounds like it has to be related to something Duriel is dropping. I can't offer any specific help since I've never had an error like this. But I'd bug test it by finding the treasureclass changes you've made recently and reverting them part by part until you isolate the specific drop that is causing the crash.

If you do not know what you changed in treasureclass, then you can try removing the different possible drops from Duriel's treasureclass one by one until you've isolated a sub-treasureclass that causes the error, then continue following that chain until you find the specific bad item(s).

To expedite the testing, give Duriel's treasureclass to a really commonly spawning monster so you can get it triggering dozens of times in seconds, which allows you to quickly see if the bad drop is present (if it is, then you should crash very quickly). You'll also want to make sure that the testing monster has the same mlvl as Duriel to ensure that the same drops can be accessed. This also lets you quickly verify that it is Duriel's treasureclass that is causing the crash (if this isn't the case, then I have no idea what is going on).

Devangell
Belgium

Re: internal error 6fb70193

Post by Devangell » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 am

I had this identical issue with Andariel. I made some changes in my .txt files and after killing Andy, I got an internal error and then the game crashed.
It seemed to be the fact that I changed the chipped and flawed gems drop to zero, so making them unable to drop or spawn, and Andy's quest treasure class has chipped or flawed gems.
By changing the drop for those type of gems, I made it impossible for Andy to drop them and therefor, I got that error. So I guess you have same the issue as I had.
Perhaps check your treasureclass first as cypress already mentioned, or recall if you made any changes to an item that could cause this error, as it did for me with the gems for example.

Return to “General Mod Making”