Making new monsters based on Shadow Master crashed in UMod1

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

shaolonger

Making new monsters based on Shadow Master crashed in UMod1

Post by shaolonger » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:49 am

Hello, I'm new to mods making, and first of all, thanks very much for those helpful guides.
But now I get stuck into a problem.
When I finally create new monsters based on Shadow Master, they can be seen in game, also attack with random summon skills normally,
but when I put them into the UMon1, it crashed.
I have tested for many times, and sometimes it worked, and sometimes crashed.And when I remove them from UMon1, it works everytime.

So now I have a guess that shouldn't a Shadow Master based monster to be UMon? Or have I miss something else?
I created this monsters by the following steps:
1. montype.txt
add a new type at the bottom.
2. monstats.txt
copy the shadowmaster row and paste it at the bottom, change some params, use the new type created above.
3. monstats2.txt
copy the shadowmaster row and paste it at the bottom, change some params.
4. levels.txt
copy the id from the new monster in monstats.txt into the Mon1 col.
Now start the game and can see new monster normally. But when I put new monster to UMon1 or to UMon25, it crashed.

What's more, I have try to put it into NMon1-NMon25, and it crashed too.

AngelLOD
Argentina

Re: Making new monsters based on Shadow Master crashed in UMod1

Post by AngelLOD » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:40 am

Hello, what it does looks interesting, I also started a few days ago in the creation of mods, I made some basic changes for my use, according to some tutorials, from this community, some work for me and others do not, for example:
1) I would like to put mephisto (from act3) to appear instead of the bugs from act 1, the fallen ones (code = fallen1), I tried to make some modifications, but it did not work, it appears as shadows, or a green ball, although yes I hear the sound of several mephistos in act 1, fighting with my character.
2) Or also that an NPC from act 1 or any act, transformed into a fixed boss, or put my own custom boss, generated from gifs or dcc or dc6 files that I have downloaded, but I don't know where to modify, or the first step for it.
Of course I always use to test my changes to my mod:
C:\diablo2\game.exe -w -txt -direct

Although I have seen in the forum, that some use the -mod option, but I do not understand what is the difference with the previous
C:\diablo2\game.exe -mod (the name of mymod) (I imagine it would be like this, I don't understand very well)

I'm using various tools like d2excel, gif animator, Mpq2k, MPQView v1.1 beta, Darkstorm's Table Editor v1.02, CV5(to see dc6 animations), etc. Also be able to know how the syntax, the codes, know what files I have to modify, or add some additional ones that are required?

Let's see if someone helps me, thanks in advance community.

Specktro
Brazil

Re: Making new monsters based on Shadow Master crashed in UMod1

Post by Specktro » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:09 pm

AngelLOD wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:40 am
Hello, what it does looks interesting, I also started a few days ago in the creation of mods, I made some basic changes for my use, according to some tutorials, from this community, some work for me and others do not, for example:
1) I would like to put mephisto (from act3) to appear instead of the bugs from act 1, the fallen ones (code = fallen1), I tried to make some modifications, but it did not work, it appears as shadows, or a green ball, although yes I hear the sound of several mephistos in act 1, fighting with my character.
2) Or also that an NPC from act 1 or any act, transformed into a fixed boss, or put my own custom boss, generated from gifs or dcc or dc6 files that I have downloaded, but I don't know where to modify, or the first step for it.
Of course I always use to test my changes to my mod:
C:\diablo2\game.exe -w -txt -direct

Although I have seen in the forum, that some use the -mod option, but I do not understand what is the difference with the previous
C:\diablo2\game.exe -mod (the name of mymod) (I imagine it would be like this, I don't understand very well)

I'm using various tools like d2excel, gif animator, Mpq2k, MPQView v1.1 beta, Darkstorm's Table Editor v1.02, CV5(to see dc6 animations), etc. Also be able to know how the syntax, the codes, know what files I have to modify, or add some additional ones that are required?

Let's see if someone helps me, thanks in advance community.
-mod is for D2R game, while -direct -txt is for legacy D2 game (LOD as well)...

There are more things in heaven and earth, AngelLod, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
To start modding you should look in the forum here in D2Mods for tutorials, there are plenty if you search patiently.
I recommend AFJ Txt Editor for .txt files, and QtblEditor for TBL files. Dc6 Creator for item images (coz its simple) and SixDice for screen images (coz its not simple, ang bugs dcc files, its kinda fun :lol: )

First step:
'data/global/excel' folder inside mod (game) folder, with Fixxed1.13c files inside ( even if you are using 1.14 version, they are the same, and the fixxed files from D2Mods are clean to start)

Second step: Search the forum and keep posting solid questions when you have them... Thats it...

Hope I helped at least a little...
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”