Whirlwind - On hit effects

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

jimjon01

Whirlwind - On hit effects

Post by jimjon01 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:32 am

I'm new to modding D2, and have got the .txt files to play around with. I've figured out some stuff through trial and error, reverse engineering some stuff, and reading through topics here. I haven't been able to figure out how to enable whirlwind to apply on-hit effects though and wondering if someone can point me in the right direction? Is this possible through the .txt files or is that something that would have to be done through the code?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Whirlwind - On hit effects

Post by Cypress » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:35 am

Hi jimjon01, unfortunately it does not seem possible. I've been able to trigger ctc while whirlwinding using an aura that shoots out arrows while whirlwinding, and the problem is that the game crashes when a ctc activates while whirlwinding.

jimjon01

Post by jimjon01 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:52 pm

Darn. I was hoping it was doing via the .txt files. I remember playing Project Diablo 2 and it worked there, I tried picking through that .txt file but it's fairly similar and all the different components don't enable WW to trigger hit abilities. Unless they need something hard coded to point to first.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:25 pm

Project Diablo 2 is very hardcoded, so some of the things you may see in PD2 will not be possible with txt file editing. Although some of it may be possible to do with softcoding even if it is hardcoded in PD2, like Melee Splash.

Return to “General Mod Making”