Attacks mussing bug

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Intra
Australia

Attacks mussing bug

Post by Intra » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:20 pm

Hi there,

Have run into a sticky bug that I cannot seem to fix.

I have attached stamina costs to using basic skills like attacking and a class skill such as zeal for the paladin.

This works fine, when your stamina reaches 0, your attacks will miss.

When you take damage, enemies also deal damage to your stamina, This also works fine.

Now to the bug, It seems at first random, you will just continuously miss attacks. I have 95% chance to hit and can try attacking 30 times in a row and will miss regardless of having adequate stamina to do so. I believe Maybe it has something to do with being attacked by enemies, It seems if they miss so do I at times.

Would anyone have some ideas? Is it possible to remove attack rating altogether would that be possible and fix the issue? If all attacks land unless out of range?

Thanks.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Attacks mussing bug

Post by Cypress » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:29 pm

Hi Intra, that sounds like a weird bug. Could you post the exact row of a skill you have that has this bug that causes every attack in a row to miss upon being hit?

Removing attack rating wouldn't really be possible unless:
(1) You hardcode it to always have max chance to hit (I believe there are code edits listed somewhere)
(2) You never use melee attacks, and instead only use missiles and radial damage (so for example, instead of Bash dealing a knockback hit, it will release a missile that deals a knockback hit)

Intra
Australia

Post by Intra » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:19 am

Cypress wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:29 pm
Hi Intra, that sounds like a weird bug. Could you post the exact row of a skill you have that has this bug that causes every attack in a row to miss upon being hit?

Removing attack rating wouldn't really be possible unless:
(1) You hardcode it to always have max chance to hit (I believe there are code edits listed somewhere)
(2) You never use melee attacks, and instead only use missiles and radial damage (so for example, instead of Bash dealing a knockback hit, it will release a missile that deals a knockback hit)
Sure, But I dont think this will show anything. Even the Default attack gets the bug.
132 pal zeal 37 13 1 paladin_zeal 53 21 1 2 h2h mele A1 A1 xx 1 1 1 1 20 1 1 8 2 0 "min((par5 + lvl -1), par6)" max targets ((lvl < 5) ? 0 : ((lvl-4) * par4) )+skill('Sacrifice'.blvl)*par8 damage % 100 % frame rollback 0 % damage percent 6 damage % per level 2 Targets 4 Max targets 12 damage synergy 1 10 10 8 128 512 8000

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:06 am

How are you applying the stamina-based hit chance? That looks like normal Zeal. Are you using hardcoding to make this work?

Return to “General Mod Making”