general questions [hope its not a repeated topic]

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Elyra

general questions [hope its not a repeated topic]

Post by Elyra » Thu May 29, 2003 5:36 am

well, i read over the three pages of posts, and i couldnt find the answers im looking for, so here goes.

firstly, i have to say, far as i have seen [act2 starting now] its an awesome hard mod, more challenging than most ive tried. anyway, awesome mod, guys.

also, if any of these questions are answered elsewhere, and you dont feel like answering them here, just redirect me ;)

ok, here goes:

helpers: which ones do what? act1 does a few, but i dont know if i want to switch to act2 now that i reached it, and i dont want to have to level a helper all that way again, since she is what does most of my damage...

selling: right now, ive been holding on to piled of ancient coins, or at least the larger ones, because i see they sell for a lot when i sell them [ to buy back ], something like 80 000 gold... and i dont know if i shoudl be keeping them or not... and the same goes for greater runes of fire/ice, and vital/spiritual potions [are they worth keeping around, since inventory is much more limited than, say, the Ancients: Fury Within mod, which i also play a lot].

charms: do charms come in any sizes other than grand? cuz those are the only kind ive found so far, and they take up a lot of room...

crash: my game keeps freezing my computer whenever i do a lot of fighting in the den of evil, or near demon portals [not sure which, there were 2 demon portals in den of evil] but i kept freezing up, and had to reboot my computer, and i mean every 1.5 min or so [it was a tcp/ip game hosted by my brother, so i could keep coming back] i hope its not somethign with the demon portals, because they are really cool. and its not because ihave a bad computer. this puppy is brand new, just got her last year, athlon 1522, 1 gig ddr ram, etc, windows xp, so i dont think it has anything to do with that...

gems/runes: im finding a LOT of chipped gems [XXX eyes, click to make chipped gem X] so im wanting to know, is it worth keeping them till i get the horadric cube? and is the cube space at least expanded to allow for larger recipies? i gues i can find that out for myself in a bit, but are gems worth keeping? or should i just wait till i can get better ones, and sell the ones i have now? and how high up can you transmute runes? in the TFW mod you could xmute all the way to the last rune [ski, just after zod] but is it still just up to, i think, ral in this one? or are the runes even the same?> ive found a lot of tir and el runes... sold them all so far, since they dont seem to be of any use.

lastly, does the level of difficulty remain as far as hell diff? i play on players 8 mode only, and im having a great tough time, and a lof of fun, going through. and again, i use TFW [Ancients: The Fury Within] as an example> it was really hard in the beginning, but now im just breezing through it at lvl 82 hell act3, theres very little that can hurt my sorc on that mod, is it the same in this one? really hard and then gets too easy later on? or am i in luck, and it stays really tough throughout [i hope i hope =D ]

oh, and al those plugins and things that are listed on ur site, nefarious, what do they do? like the holy hand grenade of antioch [i know its from monty python, but is it just a joke, or what is it about?>] and what is the unbalanced version about? and all them other weird pluginses? just a quick regarding would be nice, so i can see if i want to use any of them...

anyway, any assistance would be awesome, but if its 'shhhhh, its a secret' then just tell me, and ill eagerly await the surprise =D

edit: i just finished clearing all 3 levels of the sewers in act2, and i did not find radament anywhere in there... whadup wit dat?? really though, i want my book!! where can i find him?

also, i noticed [dunno if this is a glitch or no] but that the necro's CE, which starts off with a radius of 1.3 yards, at level 3, has a radius of 1 yard... how does that work? is it a display glitch, or does it actually loose radius with level? cuz i found a shield head thing with 2 to CE, thinking 'hey, now mebbe i can have at least 2 yards radius, but no, it promptly dropped from 1.3 yards to 1.0 ... sooo, i just wanna know whats up with that there doohicky =)

thnx a mill in advance

Elyra
Last edited by Elyra on Thu May 29, 2003 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Re: general questions [hope its not a repeated topic]

Post by Yonder » Thu May 29, 2003 9:36 am

Mercs, act2:
offensive - blessed aim
combat - prayer
defensive - not sure, shoud be defiance.

Note that the act2-mercs tend to die very often. It's pretty expensive to have them by your side. The rogue dies a lot less, but is perhaps not as useful. I myself stick to the rogue at the moment. Perhaps I rethink that in NM.

selling:
You can sell the piles for 1k in a1, 1,5k in a2, 2k in a3... So I wouldn't keep them. You'll find lots of them in every act.

charms also come in smaller versions but later on. Be patient. :)

gems - no, don't keep them all. It's too tedious to cube perfect gems through chipped ones. Later on you'll find better gems.

cube - yes, it's pretty huge. Actually it's a space miracle, since it looks very small from the outside. You'll see. The finding of the cube is a fine moment in this mod. :)

runes - take a look at the runewords here:
www.yonder.de/es/xyrax/runewords

radament - no spoilers from me :) Trust me he's anywhere out there.

difficulty - IIRC it remains on the same the level. I had an amazone in hell in SP, but this is some time - and some mods - ago. But I can remember that I've never been dissapointed about the difficulty.

CE - oops. I haven't noticed.

wierd stuff - dunno. I haven't found out what ammo is for.

Have fun!
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Thu May 29, 2003 6:07 pm

thanx a lot, that clears up some of the finer points, so i guess ill keep goin and see if i ever find raddy =)

if i have any other weirdities i find ill let u know, again, thanx =D

Elyra

the world is my oister
you guys are lucky im a vegetarian =D

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:29 am

Elyra";p="101462" wrote:well, i read over the three pages of posts, and i couldnt find the answers im looking for, so here goes.

firstly, i have to say, far as i have seen [act2 starting now] its an awesome hard mod, more challenging than most ive tried. anyway, awesome mod, guys.

also, if any of these questions are answered elsewhere, and you dont feel like answering them here, just redirect me ;)

ok, here goes:

helpers: which ones do what? act1 does a few, but i dont know if i want to switch to act2 now that i reached it, and i dont want to have to level a helper all that way again, since she is what does most of my damage...
I suggest sticky with the helper you desire, usually melee mercs die very often on this mod tough :(
selling: right now, ive been holding on to piled of ancient coins, or at least the larger ones, because i see they sell for a lot when i sell them [ to buy back ], something like 80 000 gold... and i dont know if i shoudl be keeping them or not... and the same goes for greater runes of fire/ice, and vital/spiritual potions [are they worth keeping around, since inventory is much more limited than, say, the Ancients: Fury Within mod, which i also play a lot].
little hint [spoiler] not all the NPC gives the same gold when you sell an item [/spoiler]
charms: do charms come in any sizes other than grand? cuz those are the only kind ive found so far, and they take up a lot of room...

[spoiler] Charms are 3 room space in normal, 2 in nightmare and smalls on Hell, also the mods on them varies between their size too [/spoiler]
crash: my game keeps freezing my computer whenever i do a lot of fighting in the den of evil, or near demon portals [not sure which, there were 2 demon portals in den of evil] but i kept freezing up, and had to reboot my computer, and i mean every 1.5 min or so [it was a tcp/ip game hosted by my brother, so i could keep coming back] i hope its not somethign with the demon portals, because they are really cool. and its not because ihave a bad computer. this puppy is brand new, just got her last year, athlon 1522, 1 gig ddr ram, etc, windows xp, so i dont think it has anything to do with that...
Sorry but I don't know the causes of the Crash, maybe a bad installation or a missing file with the Demon portals or a fallen blocking animation crash, so unless Nefarius knows the problem I can't do nothing yet.
gems/runes: im finding a LOT of chipped gems [XXX eyes, click to make chipped gem X] so im wanting to know, is it worth keeping them till i get the horadric cube? and is the cube space at least expanded to allow for larger recipies? i gues i can find that out for myself in a bit, but are gems worth keeping? or should i just wait till i can get better ones, and sell the ones i have now? and how high up can you transmute runes? in the TFW mod you could xmute all the way to the last rune [ski, just after zod] but is it still just up to, i think, ral in this one? or are the runes even the same?> ive found a lot of tir and el runes... sold them all so far, since they dont seem to be of any use.
Gems can't be upgraded by the cube recipe, so unless you want to use them on your sockets, throw or sell them, BUT maybe some may be useful for cube recipes.

Runes I suggest to keep them, some could be very rare and you can make runewords nice for your level or class.
lastly, does the level of difficulty remain as far as hell diff? i play on players 8 mode only, and im having a great tough time, and a lof of fun, going through. and again, i use TFW [Ancients: The Fury Within] as an example> it was really hard in the beginning, but now im just breezing through it at lvl 82 hell act3, theres very little that can hurt my sorc on that mod, is it the same in this one? really hard and then gets too easy later on? or am i in luck, and it stays really tough throughout [i hope i hope =D ]
the game get harder and harder, same with the difficult level.

now a note for the starters:

First never rush, is totally pointless on this mod
Second Act1 = Easy, Act2 = normal, Act 3 normal until you reach kurast then is hard.

Act 4 is normal for me =P
Act 5 Very hard, especially the Last stages of the act 5 ;)

Oblivion Impossible alone.
Last edited by Vendanna on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:06 pm

ok, thanks for the tips, again, it clears a few things up =) i think what happened with the demon portals is that they had summoned so many things, because we couldnt kill them fast enough, that it was just overloading me, or something. dunno, because i killed a demon portal in durance lvl 2 and it didnt crash. [poor lvl 37 necro had so much trouble... right now my act1 helper is the only one doing any damage... hopefully those lvl 42 spells will make me stronger.] but thanx for the tips, mucho appreciated =D

Elyra

KaZiN\FeLiX

Post by KaZiN\FeLiX » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:22 pm

Since this topic seems to fit I'll post here, then just creating a new topic.

My question has to deal with character classes. This is more on the line of Nef answering. Im just wondering how soon or later till the Druid class can be used. I know many of Diablo II players out there don't care for the Druid. Hey you have your own opinions. I'm just waiting till I can get a Werewolf Druid out there to take the heat.
Last edited by KaZiN\FeLiX on Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
After leaving the Diablo II Modding family. I have returned from my ashes becoming strong again.

-Teknokyo, the first of the mods I've played...

"Sigh this crossbow isn't cutting it. Wheres my pump-action shotty when I need it ;)" -Kazin\Felix

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:49 pm

well, i know im not nef, but logic dictates that it will probably not be until the 1.10 patch is released, since most update progress on most mods has halted since the *cough* 'imminent' *cough* release of patch 1.10

but i agree, it would be really cool to be able to play some of the other characters, especially the sorceress, which is my all-time favourite character. but the druid, especially elementalist, is a build that would be really awesome to be able to play as.

but as i said, from what i can tell from forum posts and the like, on this mod especially, most work being done relates to the fix for the 1.10, but hopefully we can look forward to a ton of new stuff, although it also looks like nef has turned his attention to creating a new version from scratch, so dont hold your breath =)

hope im not putting words in your mouth, nef!

Elyra

She shone on watercolours
Of my pondlife as pearl
Until those who couldn't have Her
Cut Her free of this World

That fateful Eve when...
The trees stank of sunset and camphor
Their lanterns chased phantoms and threw
An imquisitive glance, like the shadows they cast
On my love picking rue by the light of the moon
Last edited by Elyra on Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:32 pm

Elyra";p="104422" wrote:...especially the sorceress...
Actually, the sorceress is not too bad in this mod. True, her skills haven't been modded, but her nova - seems to be the same spell the nasty fallen shamanes use - does pretty heavy damage. It's worth a try IMHO.

(btw: we have a level-60-sorc on the {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} closed server in hard core. A character that reaches that level in HC can't be too weak ;))
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:05 pm

wow, thats pretty impressive, seeing as i havent even managed to get my sc necro to act2 without dying... wow, i got some skillz to build, and i dont mean my spells!

KaZiN\FeLiX

Post by KaZiN\FeLiX » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:46 pm

Well thank you Elyra, I appercate the responce. I just wonder if mods will be heavly changed torwards synergies? Will skills become too powerful because of the plus percentages?

"Hmmm I think I will post this type of messaging torwards general modding...."
After leaving the Diablo II Modding family. I have returned from my ashes becoming strong again.

-Teknokyo, the first of the mods I've played...

"Sigh this crossbow isn't cutting it. Wheres my pump-action shotty when I need it ;)" -Kazin\Felix

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:51 pm

irregardless of how much the skills will become better, I will always make the enemy assembladge 10 times as powerful as the skills (atleast towards the end-game)

But I don't worry to much about the synergies, If they disturbe me to much or cause inbalances in the game, I will just kick them out.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”