The XyRAX Background Story and Whys

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

The XyRAX Background Story and Whys

Post by Nefarius » Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:09 pm

The Story is partially based on a small RPG that i planed to code in F5AS, but this project itself has never even go beyond the development of the game engine (thought I did have large parts of the engine code done)

What has made me turn it into a Mod...
At the release of patch 1.02 it finally became possible to create mods for d2, (as it was possible to modify the game, but who would like to download d2data.mpq???) as patch_d2.mpq was implemented in 1.02 (1.01 just changed some code if I remember correctly)
Basically after it became possible I created my First mod which was GBG (Gods Be Gone, something that survived deep into the 1.04/5 patches)
I still played mods by other people back then as I had time, One of these has inspired me to start working on the mod that was born back then XyRAX was first created in mid 1.02, while the modding community was very very very (you get the idea I guess) small. Shorty I dragged out that dusty project of mine and started (i cant say the word here) (as it was still considered that back then) the game, since that day I have kept updating it, until the 1.08 menace arive, thought i actually had it 100% ready to publishing things have happened that have made me disapear from the scene for a long time, then i returned when 1.09 was out and again I started working on a update for the xpack, but soon after this several things have hit me very hard, both real life issues such as some academic tests, but the real reason I was gone was the LEECHING, (try to deal with quintillions of lame emails from people who dont want answers but are actually to lazy to move a finger by themselves)
I then decided, thought with great sorrow to disapear from modding again.

Now however thanks to user9 which convinced me to return (thought we never got to work together as we planed, even he is helping me with tests right now) I am back. and this time nothing (well nearly nothing) will be able to prevent me from finally updating this thing :mrgreen:

Now to the actual part of the topic. The Story. (this is a background story, not the ingame story keep this in mind, I just want people to know who they will face)

The story actually begins in the previous continuum where a great war has come to an end, It was the war between three dominions, The Legions of Chaos, The Aunax Legacy and the Ancient Ones, Even this war has costed more life then anything compareable in the past...
...Victory was not celebrated anywhere. It was then when that the Dark One has seen his last chance in destroying the boundaries of the dimensions and make the entire continuum collapse into a singularity.
It was then that all that once was, has been lost for eternity... It was the Aunax' arrogance that made them attempt to trap the Dark One in a dimensional chasm, but their foolishness has lead to their down doom.

However It was the Dark Ones plan from the begining to be defeated in this war, Just so he could take over the next continuum. He has split his force into 13 demon lords, one of them, the 13th one being his own reincarnation. These demons survived the collapse of the realms in a spiritual form. Thought when the new times began they have re-manifestated in their original shapes. aeons have passed since that day.
In our time, over 15 billion years after these events in which the thirteen have lain dorment in realms far beyond, the presence of the three supreme evils has awakened one of them... The Lord of Chaos, he is driven by revenge at the three, which have taken what was once his...

An artifact of great power, shattered into three halfs aeons ago in the realms of light, the Eye of Zernoth would allow its wielder to surpass perfection... Even it was not known by many in those times the Three of Prime evils have gotten their power from the three parts of the Eye of Zernoth, kept secret from the four lesser evils and from any other being. They could not expect that the one, they have stolen it from will return.

The Legions of Chaos are massing up beyond the Portals to oblivion, legions of uncountable numbers. The force of Chaos grows stronger from minute to minute... As the Lord of Chaos prepares to open a portal into the mortal realms. He will wage war againts the three and between the fronts of the Legions of Hell and the Legions of Chaos lays the Mortal Realm which will probably cease to exist.

The time is running out, as the lord of chaos has sent his four war lords:
Androctonus, Inimicus, Umorokai and Therhaka into the mortal realm again.

You must find the Eye of Zernoth before they do! And put an end to the Lord of Chaos and his forsaken empire.

As I said, im not going into great detail here, As well as this is a very modified version of the original Story as I had to adjust it to the D2 story.
The original one is a 50+ pages long document on my hd, which is NOT even close to be finished.
Last edited by Nefarius on Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Nightdemon

Re: The XyRAX Background Story and Whys

Post by Nightdemon » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:32 am

nice story... you said 50+ pages? Did you write them yourself?
I looking forward to this mod... I just can't get my hands on borland c++ builder 6 :cry:, so I'll start modding again, and hope I can bring out my own mod soon :)
"And they will rise from their graves to march upon the world of the living. Each and every mortal that falls will swell their numbers until only a world of darkness remains. Only then will the world know the eternal order that lies within the peace of undeath"
Taken from the Grimoire Necronium.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:55 am

Yes i did write down all of those myself. Thought its very far from being completed, as I didnt even get past the begining. I have a pretty skeletal view of chapters in it already, I just need to free my mind and get some time to write all this stuff down.
I split it up into two large sections

-1- "The End of History"
*Begin
1 - The Begin
2 - The Conquest
3 - The Eternal War
4 - Ceraton Empire
5 - Minarius
6 - Hell
7 - Stairway to Oblivion (yes thats where I took my sites name from, this is the name of the temple where the portal to oblivion is opened)
8 - Terdion
9 - The Fall of Lord Seth

*The Hive
1 - Mog Araki
2 - The Spherionid
3 - Where it all came from
4 - Carmantus' Dark Secret
5 - The Final Fight I

*Centrom
1 - The Hidcore
2 - Enemies Within
3 - The Done
4 - More Cyborgs
5 - Thevler

*The Corner Stone
1 - The Four
2 - Viphrex
3 - The Truth about the Corner Stone
4 - Umorokai
5 - Androctonus
6 - A Battle to the Death

*Kadum Rah
1 - SK's true identity
2 - Dephred
3 - The Final Fight II
4 - Androctonus is not dead!
5 - Dephred changes fronts

*Apocalypse
1 - Legions of Chaos
2 - The Other Portal
3 - The New Viphrex

(from here on I didnt wrote down the story yet)

4 - The Scroll of Apocalypse
5 - Prophecy

*Arsac
1 - Wreck
2 - Shakaion Matters
3 - Shartex Vs. Xelentis
4 - The New Emperor

*Shadow Dominion
1 - Shadows
2 - The Book of Ages
3 - The Eye of Zernoth I
4 - Android Viphrex
5 - Metus (Note, i didnt use that name blizzard gave to diablo in d1, Metus is a ancient latin word meaning Ancient/Older Then Time)
6 - Imaein has survived

*Ancient One
1 - Viphrex's Last Day
2 - The Legend of the Ancient One
3 - Eye of Zernoth II
4 - Androctonus has returned again...
5 - Unification Issues
6 - The End of the Ancient One

*The Quest for the Truth
1 - Run SK, Run SK, RUN!
2 - Red Moths
3 - The Truth
4 - The Real Will of the Shadows
5 - Complex E99K
6 - The Arsacs

*The Oblivion Arival
1 - Outer Oblivion
2 - The Eternal war inflames again
3 - Showdown with Androctonus the Slayer
4 - Androctonus turns to the good
5 - Hives
6 - The Eye of Zenoth III
7 - Inimicus the Lord of the Undead
8 - Metus Lives
9 - Umorokai's Revenge
10 - Therhaka the Warlord of Sins
11 - Inner Oblivion
12 - The Ancient Evil - Anicharioth

*Lord of Chaos
1 - "You have no idea what your dealing with"
2 - How it all began
3 - The Lord of Chaos
4 - Final Battle
5 - Will the Darkness win after all?
6 - Victory, but for how long

END OF SECTION 1
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:58 am

Section two is not yet even planed after the 10 chapter so i can just generally describe its ending.
Thought you can be sure, It wont be one of those "Happy Ends", As the 13th one will annihilate the mortal realms, after that its SK's (the hero of the story) fury and wish for revenge at the 13th one is what will bring to evils downfall, with SK taking the 13th ones place and starting the story over again.

Also be aware, You probably saw words like Cyborgs etc in there, the story dosent take place in a fantasy realm, It starts long before our time and ends long after it. Its a mix up of SCIFI and Fantasy
Last edited by Nefarius on Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:11 pm

may i say this is more then just a continuum, its a whole new story :)
spY0DA0Man" wrote: : neues level und neue gegner auch
: wow
: ich spiel das mit dir und loco vielleicht auch dave ! sieht geil aus
-------------
: new levels and new enemies
: wow
: i gonna play this for sure, with you and loco maybe even dave, looks really cool
hehe one of those friends i played tcp/ip xy with :)

- keep it up nefarius -
Last edited by DarkChaoS on Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:46 pm

Nefarius" wrote:Also be aware, You probably saw words like Cyborgs etc in there, the story dosent take place in a fantasy realm, It starts long before our time and ends long after it. Its a mix up of SCIFI and Fantasy
that seems like Final Fantasy Series (guns and magic together)
seems a good history... when we can read it :lol:

waiting to read the whole history :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:21 am

yes that might be why i like it final fantasy has great potential in its mix (as you said scifi related stuff with magic) sockable weapons sounds similar trough back to ff1 :)

nefarius .. maybe you should implent some "long" ranged weapons
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

The 13th

Post by Nefarius » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:51 pm

Just the names of the 13th:

“The Reincarnation of the Lord of Darkness” - thirteenth demon lord, God of Darkness and Corrupter of Time
Oneiros – twelfth demon lord, Bringer of Nightmares and God of Illusion
Nefarius – eleventh demon lord, Lord of Chaos and God of Oblivion
Asrathoth – tenth demon lord, Burner of Worlds and God of Sin
Nechisyrux – ninth demon lord, Destroyer of Realms and Slayer of Souls
Pestilentia – eighth demon mistress, Goddess of Plagues and Slaughter
Shazaduun – seventh demon lord, God of Shadows and Binder of Minds
Artecaud – sixth demon lord, Lord of Atrocities and Betrayal
Satana’skaya – fifth demon lord, Bringer of Wars and God of Suffer
Nophera – fourth demon mistress, Queen of the Abyss and Goddess of Eternal Death
Mediademes – third demon lord, Destroyer of Thoughts and Devastator of Knowledge
Bruthrothakal – second demon lord, Master of Destruction and Ender of Lives
Tithyulcan (“The Older”) – first demon lord, Lord of Ceraton and Bringer of Hatred

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”