XyRAX General Discussion and Ideas (renamed topic again)

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

XyRAX General Discussion and Ideas (renamed topic again)

Post by Nefarius » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:21 am

Since right now im mainly working on items (skills will follow after this), and the next thing I will do after finishing armors will be uniqueitems, I plan to reach 100 new uniques (thought all existing uniques will be re-balanced and adjusted/changes as I feel correct).

Im intentionally not posting about whats already in the uniqueitems section as this should stay a secret for people to find out :), I will also not say if im going to use your idea. I wont tell you this so you get a good suprise when playing the Mod and finding... your unique :)

*After XyRAX 15.0 is out this topic will be used for people to post their findings :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nefarius on Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Uniqueitems, Your Ideas!

Post by Black Heart » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:02 pm

I am rebuilding my unqi,txt from scratch have I decided to go with themes i.e. weapons normal have 5 mods elite have same 5 upgraded then 2 more added total of 7 exceptional have same 7 upgraded with 3 added total of 10. I did this not only for creation speed (very important when you have 600 pulse to make :program: ) but to give player goals of witch items to look for or trade.
Last edited by Black Heart on Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:51 pm

Yes, im planing to re-write it from scratch as well, but im re-using blizzards d2/d2x uniques just with other stats/increased stats/decreased stats. I did that with 10 txts so far, and uniques/sets are the next thing to follow.

As for goals for the players, I plan to actually post alot of data once the mod is out on my items page, Just dont want to spoil to much before I publish it :)

I decided to actually add less items overally then I did in the classic versions, I actually added over 400 base items back then. (base items, not even speaking of uniques yet)

I really have cut this value down in 15.0 since I added so much other stuff, and I dont want to clutter the files with too much yet (so that the update to 1.10 will go faster if that patch will actually arive in the next 5 month, which I dont think)

Thought if it does im going to finish this mod for 1.09B, and after its done upgrade or start a completly new project (yes I actually have a few mods planned right now :), but Im working on this project 99% of the time), Thought I did release the small Fixer 2.0 (Isnt this the smallest mod ever published for lod?), thought it does something that many people want.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:09 pm

What you do with uniques will depend on how you plan to balance the various grades of items. One of the big flaws I see with vanilla LoD is that a full outfit of top-notch uniques is way more powerful than anything you can get from crafted, rare or magical items. Don't get me started on how far sets failed their initial promise! Another factor is ease of acquisition. If you have cube recipes or easy drops, then nothing should be too powerful. On the other hand, if you need rare drops for sets and uniques, and no recipes, then I would set one six-piece set to be slightly more powerful than six comparable uniques. Sets are harder to plan, because there are quite a few properties that just don't work well with sets. So in the overall balance of things, I would plan sets, runewords, uniques, crafted items and magical items in that order (with rares considered during affix building for magicals).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:58 am

I plan to actually allow rares to spawn with ALL existing affixes, and taking full use of the maximum level column, to prevent stuff like 1+light radius 20% enhanced damg +10% fire res Colossus Swords dropped from baal ;), thought rares will also be able to gain a much wider range for curses (curses dont have a lvl limit) in addition I found that setting the ferquency column to 1 for every affix solves the problem of 3 mod rares.

As for uniques, uniques are very rare to start at, thought act bosses have a better chance to drop them as usuall the base chance is 1/2000 (compared to 1/1000, 1/600, 1/300 and 1/200 in lod).

Uniques will usually be a bit better then single set items, but will not surpass an array of set items, Im planning to make all sets be full (aka use all columns in set items.txt) no more two sword sets and whatnot.

In addition to this I added the Adamantium effect, can be compareable to ethereal and socketed (not I didnt actually add a new effect, thought the way I used worked very fine) This effect can spawn on Normal, Magic and Rare armors, the name will display something like "Godly Adamantium Quilted Armor of Something"

Adamantium adds a +5 to base magic level, allowing much greater affixes to spawn, thought it adds +32-64% requirements (not -%) and increases defense by +32-64% as well (how ever dur is lowered by 50%) (theres a screenshot of a adamantium item on my site, thought I didnt yet start to take alot of item screens)

xxxRIPTERxxx
Paladin

Post by xxxRIPTERxxx » Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:02 pm

how about makeing a unique weapon that does an amazing amount of damage but it only lasts for like a minute(kinda like etheral but lasts in time) once u start using it??hehe its a bit farfetch but i like..

and u can call it the 'Oblivian Stone' :)
Last edited by xxxRIPTERxxx on Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:46 pm

Thats very possible and not farfetched :)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:49 am

xxxRIPTERxxx" wrote:how about makeing a unique weapon that does an amazing amount of damage but it only lasts for like a minute(kinda like etheral but lasts in time) once u start using it??hehe its a bit farfetch but i like..

and u can call it the 'Oblivian Stone' :)
i remember the unique katana in an earlier version :) my baba liked it and i liked the extreme cold damg it did muahahha :) that was a nice one :D

keep it up nef, i might make a fansite just for you :DDD
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:03 pm

even this is a bit of a spoilder

old XyRAX fans do know about em :)

The katana you mean is Masamune (actually nearly impossible to find, congrats for getting it)

In XyRax 15.0 im adding two katanas, 1 rune word and 1 unique

Masamune as always unique (elite katana this time, "War Katana")
Can only be found in "The Realm of Chaos" nowhere else ;)

the second one will come as a rune word (no i wont tell you about the runes now) -> Muramasa which is better then Masamune in one way and worse in another (for those who remember my "by far too useful curses" will know what I mean when I speak of worse MUHAHAHAHAHAH)
Last edited by Nefarius on Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:23 pm

found it in act 3 hell :)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Thats around the time I wanted ít to start to drop, nice to see It actually worked the way I wanted it to :) (*for people that where not arround back then there WAS NO WAY TO CONTROL TCS in the way its possible now) TreasureClass.txt only had minor options compared to the way TCEX does.

Any way also, new screens available :)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:53 am

Nefarius" wrote:Thats around the time I wanted ít to start to drop, nice to see It actually worked the way I wanted it to :) (*for people that where not arround back then there WAS NO WAY TO CONTROL TCS in the way its possible now) TreasureClass.txt only had minor options compared to the way TCEX does.

Any way also, new screens available :)
aha... uhm well i never looked at modding :D just have some ideas for sets .. lemmi think Dooms War Suit :D

hmmm well :) what was the latest version of xyrax btw and do you still have one ? if so could u send it over? ;)

btw

"This guy and his horde of quill giants can become annoying, as their missiles knock you back 30% of the time!"

i liked the lightning guy that killed me like 10 times before i got the scroll lol :) hehe maybe u gonna knock him back somewhere as rememberence :)
Last edited by DarkChaoS on Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:15 pm

You mean the aura guy :) trust me I added really hard bosses in there, btw the quill giant boss has the Unholy Wave Mod, this makes him shoot out unholy bolts which do MASSIVE random damage! aka like the oblivion knights which have random projectiles, thought Im going to add an annoying boss into andys chamber "Axe Dweller" is only a place taker for now. Thought I intentionally made Gruuk and his minions weak (the missiles just do some poison damage) But im gonna make em have a 100% instead of 30% knockback chance and increase the vemon on them, thought only If after the first iternal playtest he seams to easy.

I wont make a public beta as this will only cost time and delay the release :(
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Items, Your Ideas! (renamed topic)

Post by Nefarius » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:59 pm

*changed the topics name as ill use this for all item related posts from now on.

Including
-Base Equipment
-Affixes
-Uniques
-Sets
-*the two special items*
-XyRAX "Typical" stuff like Cans of Spam, Cow Launchers etc.

ITEM UPDATES
(nerfs and additions you wont find on the features page yet)

A few general updates regarding affixes -> charges have been removed from magic items.
You will be able to find books which will have a preset (unrepairable) value of charges in them.

But only for castable skills and spells, it never made scence to me you can have charges of bash, multishot and such.

Ident/TP Tomes cannot be bought at the npcs and are very rare (except for book cases)

Repair costs alot more right now in order to force people to pick up gold.
Its set to 8.192 that means a item costing 966655 will require ~31047 gold per dur

Chance to Cast **** on **** have been removed from all items for now, Ill reinclude such effects once Im done with the skills.

But they will be limited to very special + unique/set/crafted items

I took some time of working on the zon skills and finished magicprefix.txt (re writing) im now on magicsuffix.txt and about 50% done, ill reinclude unused affixes blizzard took out after 1.07 and also re enable many of the disabled expansion affixes. 8after the rebalance of course)

Description of Adamantium Items

Adamantium is a type of modifier like Ethereal or Socketed which can only spawn on Body Armor (torso) in every quality except unique/set (for now that is)

The method used for this is very simple and not complex but thats not important for now.

Adamantium armors have increased requirements 32-64% and increased AC (again) 32-64% in addition to this they have -50% dur (not shown, but effect itself is displayed!) and +5 magic level, they also cost 2 times as much to repair they also cannot be socketed.

*They CANNOT be bought anywhere you must find them, the ratio is about 1/5 armors will spawn with adamantium

which makes them better in terms of defense and magic affixes they can gain but worse in terms of useability.

Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:50 pm

Nefarius" wrote:I wont make a public beta as this will only cost time and delay the release :(
maybe an internal then :P

well u got the latest " actual xyrax " mod around ? i wanna play xy again HNNN :)

and just for the modifiers .. maybe u should try to do also a weapon modifier with pentadamg :) magic+cold+fire+ice+maybe-air- :D

just an idea
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:04 am

that wouldent work as there is a limit of 3 effects per affix.
Thought I do have a elemental affix which does fire+cold+ltng

As for the latest version, If yours is for 1.06 then there is none. (except for 8.2/5) ill pm you with a d/l url later.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:10 am

Nefarius" wrote:that wouldent work as there is a limit of 3 effects per affix.
Thought I do have a elemental affix which does fire+cold+ltng

As for the latest version, If yours is for 1.06 then there is none. (except for 8.2/5) ill pm you with a d/l url later.
thanx :)

hmm or maybe an old hosewife (maybe u remember the game worms) hehe .. mastery in bats :DDD

just kidding but maybe replacing cows with something else.. billgates, rolling stones or something else :) i will come back later :) *be right back*
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:17 am

I can make the cows blow up like the exploding minions. that would be insane :twisted:

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:29 am

Nefarius" wrote:I can make the cows blow up like the exploding minions. that would be insane :twisted:
OMG rofl and we wont get exp anymore and your mod wouldnt be famous after all :) maybe some special boss ther (or a wp .. like u used to .. hehe)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:32 am

you actually would get exp from the minions that blow up, only blizzard has set he exp columns to 0.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:51 am

Nefarius" wrote:you actually would get exp from the minions that blow up, only blizzard has set he exp columns to 0.
set em back !! :) max level is ? ;)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:39 am

clvl = 120
mlvl = 120 as well

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:54 am

"only" 120 ? ;) oh well *shushes questions* dont wanna spoil the ppl :)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:01 am

It has reasons to stay so low :)
Btw I sent you another PM before you left w some details about the IP game.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:03 am

Nefarius" wrote:It has reasons to stay so low :)
Btw I sent you another PM before you left w some details about the IP game.
didnt know i left :DD and yes i got it :) well .. yes i see also u added 2 new screenies *yummy* btw u play zon alot or is it just skill balancing ? :P
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”