Nehe Mod

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

No votes

Total votes: 0

neheps

Nehe Mod

Post by neheps » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Lets release some screenies here. My first mod, so it will be kinda basic.

Take That, 1.10!

Praise to Satan

All New Menuscreens

Cursed Rune

Blessed Rune

- neheps

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Nehe Mod

Post by gogodanny » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:42 am

hmm I don't really know what to say to those screenshots, because they don't really show too much.

actually i'm glad that enigma is gone, although it would have sufficed to just deprive it off its +1teleport skill i think (cuz the other words were by far worse than CoH's) thinking of CtA is the same, why not just take away to +x to bo or fix it to +1, should suffice, I think.

The starting screen looks somewhat "boring". Ok don't get me wrong I am completely sure that starting a mod - project for the first time must be an incredible step (i dare not try :mrgreen:) but all black looks somehow weird ;)

Coming to "curse" & "bless" rune I think they are somewhat unnecessary.
Nobody is going to put a rune into the equipment which is lowering all of your stats. If you plan to make ultra-powerful RW's with this rune, why not just attach +2-5 lightradius to it and give the RW itself a -allstats malus.
+allstats runes are quite common in many mods although +15 might be a tiny bit overpowered. +5-7 should be enough. Rest should be acquired via runewords, making in harder to get a valuable bonus.

the graphics of the runes are really nice though (you obviously really made up your mind) and I hope that you will be announcing a few more changes to gameplay/skills or anything else soon.

Btw. is this mod gonna be a packed .mpq file or with .dlls to overwrite a clean D2 install?

cheers and have fun modding ;-)

neheps

Post by neheps » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:38 pm

gogodanny";p="362319" wrote:hmm I don't really know what to say to those screenshots, because they don't really show too much.

actually i'm glad that enigma is gone, although it would have sufficed to just deprive it off its +1teleport skill i think (cuz the other words were by far worse than CoH's) thinking of CtA is the same, why not just take away to +x to bo or fix it to +1, should suffice, I think.

The starting screen looks somewhat "boring". Ok don't get me wrong I am completely sure that starting a mod - project for the first time must be an incredible step (i dare not try :mrgreen:) but all black looks somehow weird ;)

Coming to "curse" & "bless" rune I think they are somewhat unnecessary.
Nobody is going to put a rune into the equipment which is lowering all of your stats. If you plan to make ultra-powerful RW's with this rune, why not just attach +2-5 lightradius to it and give the RW itself a -allstats malus.
+allstats runes are quite common in many mods although +15 might be a tiny bit overpowered. +5-7 should be enough. Rest should be acquired via runewords, making in harder to get a valuable bonus.

the graphics of the runes are really nice though (you obviously really made up your mind) and I hope that you will be announcing a few more changes to gameplay/skills or anything else soon.

Btw. is this mod gonna be a packed .mpq file or with .dlls to overwrite a clean D2 install?

cheers and have fun modding ;-)
Well, the mod will be either -direct -txt or .mpq, and i think ill alter some the changes you suggested.
I will also post some more screenies of the new skills im working on.

Heres a few, there will be lot more:

Pala Passive
Barb skill

Fizgig

Post by Fizgig » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 am

Can't seem to find your mod :cry: , I assume your mod isn't released?
Last edited by Fizgig on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:57 pm

Hmm... I don't know what to say...
Minor mod so far, but the totally black menu is bleh. Also, although this is a minor nitpick, why put your version # of the mod on the menu? Whats wrong with using PlugY to display your version #? Its going to slow you down to have to make new menus for each version.

Paladin passive skill is extremely overpowered. Thats triple damage and attack rating towards undead and demons. D + U make up 4/5 of the game anyway. You could make synergies to boost the skill.
Last edited by cla$$ics on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

neheps

Post by neheps » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for comments & suggestions.

I've had a "little" break making this mod, i'll continue it as soon as i get home on ?friday? and it should be released sometime this month.

Fizgig

Post by Fizgig » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:14 am

:mrgreen: @Neheps any progress?

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”