A Wiki Dedicated to Diablo and Diablo Mods

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

No votes

Total votes: 0

PhrozenDragon

A Wiki Dedicated to Diablo and Diablo Mods

Post by PhrozenDragon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Greetings to all of you Mod Makers,

I am PhrozenDragon, and I work with expanding http://www.diablowiki.com with information regarding all aspects of Diablo. We have a pretty good amount of basic information about Diablo II done by now (items, monsters etc.), but it's time to look to other venues to expand. And we have decidedly little information in the mod department of the wiki. We have a little bit about Eastern Sun, Median XL and PlugY, but other than that there's nothing.

So, we want to give all mod makers and mod players here the opportunity to use diablowiki.com for all mods. A wiki allows for large customization in terms of what to display and how to do it, without having to code or anything like that. This can range from something as simple as one page describing what the mod changes in simple text, to dozens of pages detailing monsters, items, builds and whatnot using tables and other kinds of templates. I suppose even hundreds of pages, if some of you are that dedicated ;)

This is not necessarily only for large mods, older mods that are perhaps not played anymore, or mods that make more minor changes are also needed and wanted in there.

As well, we also need a lot of info on the more technical aspects of the game, like how magic find works, how monsters spawn, how drops work and just about anything else you can think. Even articles pertaining to mod making, with short explanations and links back here to the Keep and your forums and knowledge base. And what better place to find this info than from the people who know the files and mechanics inside out? And even more, what would be better than getting them on board to help fill out the wiki?

Interested? Of course you are, so let me move on to some specifics :)

The wiki needs to be easy to navigate, and finding stuff needs to be easy as well as clear. If one sees an article, it should be easy to tell what game the article is about. The same goes for mods. That's why we put the game version after most article names, like this: Items (Diablo II). So remember to always put the mod name after an article. For example, articles pertaining to Median XL have (Median XL) after them.

As for contributing, editing a wiki may not be all that easy to grasp. There's lots of help to be had though if anything is unclear. You can check out the Wiki Forum over at Diablofans for help and thoughts, or read the Help Pages in the wiki. Neither of these are complete though, so feel free to ask any questions here, or PM me either here at the Keep or over at Diablofans.

I hope to see you many of you in the wiki soon.
Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain. -Saying in Shienar
Whether the bear beats the wolf, or the wolf beats the bear, the rabbit always loses. -Saying in the Two Rivers
Hard breaks, strong endures. -Cadsuane Melaidhrin
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools if we live long enough. -Lews Therin Telamon

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”