v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b6/v11a Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Tue May 02, 2023 2:04 am

v11a is out.
•Changed and simplified how some references work since they were confusing.
•The passive state updater now updates every frame (or close to it), and alternates allskills based on whether the timer is of an odd or even value.
•Added class restriction via superstates, so as to penalize the user if they are not of the requisite class (classes include player classes and hireling classes).
•A variety of weapon masteries that would not be possible without superstates: one-handed mastery (you must be wielding one or two one-handed weapons), two-handed mastery (you must be wielding a two-handed weapon), dual-wielding mastery (you must be equipping two one-handed weapons), single-handed mastery (you must be wielding only a one-handed weapon or a shield), unarmed mastery (you must not be wielding a weapon), empty-handed mastery (you must not be wielding anything on your hands).
•Shifted around 'armo' from 'shld' so that two-handed blocking weapons won't delete weapon damage (thanks Nagahaku!)
•Softcoded left-handed rings for hirelings, which allow hirelings to equip two rings without hardcoding.

Not sure what the next version will be, was going to add in Hireling Superstates but got frustrated since it causes crashes in older versions of the game due to the 32 or whatever simultaneous state limit. I hope Dreamlands or some other hardcoded fix patch fixed this crash, in which case I can add in the change guilt-free.

Since I'm not sure if there is a fix to the too-many-states crash of older versions, I'll instead work on adding in a random encounters system that lets you generate random special events depending on the map. This will let you do stuff like random merchant encounters, random boss encounters, random item drops, etc. Also probably useful for the Treasure Goblin, so that you don't have to plug it in through levels.txt (I don't like plugging in rare encounters through levels.txt that since it makes it obvious to the player if the level has the rare encounter or not, since there will suspiciously be one of the NumMons taken up by a monster that is only rarely appearing).

Might also functionalize some of the unused/deprecated stats like crush/slash/thrust damage and _bytime stats (nevermind, not _bytime stats, apparently they don't even change in value anymore so that leaves me with no means of deriving the time of day, guess that got removed in 1.10f+).

---

v11 is out, decided to go from v10 to v11 because of incompatibility between the versions due to the deletion of two-handed blocking weapons.
•Fixed desynced skills.txt IDS (thanks Erevos!)
•Fixed two-handed blocking weapons by deleting them and using a blocking quiver instead (thanks Nagahaku!)
•Fixed the bugged fast wereforms (thanks OrderOfTheScribble!)
•Fixed Skeleton Mastery not changing the graphics of skeletons, fixed Council Members healing mephistospirits.
•Added a new skill: Find Treasure, which is like Find Potion but allows you to choose the treasureclass, so you could turn it into something like Find Gems, or Find Runes, or Find Junk, or Find Weapon, etc)
•Added a new skill: Open Wounds, which behaves mostly like open wounds but as a skill, giving more control over its exact values and applications.

---

Hi Nagahaku, that's a great idea! You could even make a cube recipe to allow swapping between the items, so 2h sword -> 1h sword (barb only) and 1h sword (barb only) -> 2h sword.

As for the issue of not being able to attack without a quiver, fortunately, quivers are very flexible. Instead of making two-handed weapons require the blocking quiver, make it so the blocking quiver requires two-handed weapons. I only had to add in one itemtype to make it compatible with all 2-handed weapons, without having to change anything else: the itemtype has equiv1=shld, Shoots=wep2, Quiver=wep2.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: v6b6/v11a Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Nagahaku » Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am

Hi Cypress, I've just found a pickup bug for the block quivers. when block quivers are set 'quiver' column to 2handed weapons as well in itemtypes.txt, the character can't pickup a quiver when hold a 1 handed weapon in hand but without shield in another. perhaps the engine got messed up when identifying the quiver as quivers or shields. removing their 'quiver' column data would be fine, but the character's left/right hand slot would turn red and the pictures of quivers and weapons mixed together on both slots, but works normally.
I'm not sure if removing the 'quiver' column data is a good idea, since few people would waving a 1 handed weapon without a shield, this bug might be too tiny to fix. :)

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b6/v12 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 pm

Version 12 is out:
•Superstates now work on Hirelings, Valkyries, Shadows and Iron Golems (this will cause crashes in versions before 1.13 due to the simultaneous state limit, not sure if there is a hardcoded patch for this somewhere, maybe Dreamlands fixes this?)
•Fixed the councilmember's AI pointlessly healing monsters
•Fixed pet vine graphics not appearing
•Blocking Quiver now can be equipped by any item to fix a bug where quivers wouldn't get picked up (thanks Nagahaku!)
•Fixed Throwing Potions not working
•Numerous display fixes and additions
•A new jewel which can spawn with up to 6 rare affixes
•The frozenorb missile can now collide with and deal damage to monsters without producing desynced fake novas (thanks Nagahaku!)

---

Hey Nagahaku, that's a great find! A simple fix is to make it so the Blocking Quiver can be attached to any weapon. I'm guessing that for most modding purposes this would be satisfactory, as the Blocking Quiver will most likely be worse than shields that one-handed users can equip.

But if you want to make it so the Blocking Quiver has bonuses that only two-handed users can benefit from since it is an item meant for two-handed weapons, you can use the Superstates charm (or something like it) to apply a massive penalty to the user if they are equipping a one-handed weapon and the Blocking Quiver at the same time, such that no one would ever want to use the Blocking Quiver with a one-handed weapon.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: v6b6/v12 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Nagahaku » Sun May 28, 2023 6:17 am

Cypress wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 pm
A simple fix is to make it so the Blocking Quiver can be attached to any weapon
yeah, that works. and i chose to attach them to melee weapons since i didn't make bows blockable :P

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b7/v13 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Overworked Version 6b7 is out, which has a bunch of fixes from Modworked.

---

Modworked Version 13 is out:
•Fixed a Modworked bug that causes the cubemain.txt input parameter upg to not work properly due to item codes and types being identical (thanks OrderOfTheScribble!)
•Added identifying types for each belt

This may cause save compatibility issues if you are using normal gear, and will definitely break save files if you are using some of the Modworked-only items.

---

Modworked Version 12a1 is out:
•Fixed the bug that prevented the _vs_montype stats from referencing equivs (thanks Erevos for finding this bug!)
•Pierce now once again uses skill_pierce and the pierce state, as in vanilla (thanks Nagahaku for noticing that item_pierce does not behave the same as skill_pierce!)
•Deleted most of the useless Expansion rows
•Fixed references for Freezing Arrow and Double Swing that could potentially cause desynchronization.
•The ordering of the Overworked skills that provide necromage damage now match the ordering of the necromage missiles.
•Added a new stat, item_socketmultiplier, which allows you to bypass socket limits and reach up to 7 sockets on any item with at least 1 socket.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: v6b7/v13 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Nagahaku » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:31 am

Hi, i've just found something...
I made block quivers from the vanilla 'body parts', they worked just fine, but with a flaw: when working with 2handed weapons, put the cursor on the slot, it will show the stat of the weapon instead of the quiver.
that's not a big problem, but could that be fixed? or i should not use 'bodypart' type since it may have some hard coded limits?
Edit:
Fixed! :D
this is not because of the 'body part' type, but another hardcoded itemtype which is 'bowq', and i believe 'xboq' is also the same.
the quiver has to have either 'bowq' or 'xboq' equiv to make it display its own stats when working with a 2-handed weapon

Edit:
Ah... seems not that easy, needs more tests... i'll update later
Got it!
It was not about 'bowq' or 'xboq' but another funny thing.
the block quiver has to be an itemtype that might display 'bow/crossbow class' if its a weapon. i have made bow quivers equiv to 'bow' before so i got my first success... so, just give the block quiver equiv to 'bow' or 'xbow' would be fine.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:11 am

Hi Nagahaku, great find! I'll have to note that down in the itemtypes listings that bow/xbow allows quivers to be displayed.

Do note that a side effect of that is that you can now cast non-quantity requiring bow/crossbow skills. So you can for example shoot Magic Arrows with a Spear. All the other missile skills, like Multiple Shot and Fire Arrow and Freezing Arrow and so on, will appear valid (not red on skill bar), but will fail to cast since your quiver has no quantity/ammo to shoot. A tedious way of fixing this is to apply etype#=(block quiver itemtype) in skills.txt to every missile skill, such that if you have the block quiver equipped, then missile skills are disabled.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:13 am

Cypress wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:11 am
A tedious way of fixing this is to apply etype#=(block quiver itemtype) in skills.txt to every missile skill, such that if you have the block quiver equipped, then missile skills are disabled
i used another way to fix this or to avoid other possible bugs.
i made xbow or bow itemtypes totally index names instead of weapons, and add new weapon typed bow/crossbow itemtypes then had them equiv to bow/xbow, and change everything linked with original bow/xbow types into the new types.
this may avoid many troubles and make bow/xbow type more useful, such as giving roguehire a chance to equip a magic quiver.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b7/v13b1 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:14 pm

Modworked v13b1:
•Hirelings now get Superstates by being given a Superstate Ring that is created with the game start recipe, which you can equip to the hireling by dropping it onto their icon (thanks to OrderOfTheScribble for finding that mercs weren't getting the ring!)
•Fixed a bug where Skill Shrines were adding value to pseudostats (thanks to OrderOfTheScribble for finding this bug!)
•Separated a few itemtypes from their hardcoded types so that they can be applied more generally, allowing items to generally or selectively be equipped by a type of hireling or by all hirelings (thanks to Nagahaku for the idea!):

OrderOfTheScribble
United States of America

Re: v6b7/v13b1 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by OrderOfTheScribble » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:11 pm

I just found that mercs with auras given by Hireling.txt have their auras flicker with the superstates ring. It may have something to do with auras deactivating whenever their skill level goes down, though the total allskills bonus from superstates is supposed to be constant (it occasionally desynced in previous versions, but I haven't noticed that in v12+).

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b7/v14a Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:37 pm

Nice find OrderOfTheScribble! Unfortunately, there is no good fix here.

The bug you are describing can occur when the hireling aura skill level changes. It doesn't matter what the source is, it's the skill level itself that causes the problem. Auras, Frozen Armor clones, Enchant clones, Energy Shield Clones, ctc skills, Battle Command, rapidly clicking a +1 skills helm on the hireling, whatever; it all causes the aura to uncast itself.

I would fix this by giving hirelings a level 1 aura when equipped for their usually cast aura, with complex calcs such that, at level 1, the aura behaves the same as if it were of a higher level.

But I found a second issue: hirelings bug out when given multiple equipped auras. In some cases, only one equipped aura is allowed, in other cases, multiple equipped auras are OK but only upon restarting the game (if you equip multiple auras to a hireling and don't restart, only one aura will be active).

Notably, the aura uncasting bug only seems to occur on the aura srvdofuncs=65,66,81,82.

The second issue can kind of be fixed by not using an aura when equipped for passive updating. A ctc that fluctuates allskills could work somewhat well; it means that hireling passives wouldn't update every frame, but at least they would update occasionally.

The uncasting bug is much more annoying to try and remedy. The best idea I have come up with so far (without relying on aura-when-equipped, since I think losing out equipped auras on hirelings is unacceptable) is to make hirelings cast a fake aura that simulates the behaviors of normal auras through grimward missiles.

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with some better fixes, but I doubt it. Very annoying that regular monsters can have multiple equipped auras, yet hirelings are limited to 1 in most circumstances.

If you have any ideas or find anything else about these bugs, please let me know!

EDIT: Good news, I think I have found a way to update passivestates without using allskills. The method is very complex and I don't understand it yet, but it seems to work.

---

Version 14:
•New Passive Updater: No longer fluctuates allskills to update passives, now uses some weird method that I think tricks the game into updating when it otherwise wouldn't.
•Dagger Mastery is now supported by Superstates
•Hirelings will no longer constantly re-cast their auras (thanks OrderOfTheScribble!)
•Hirelings and pets no longer use the Superstate Invert Ring, but rather get their updating from the player's aura

---

Version 14a:
•Changed superaura1's aurafilter from 73731 to 65539, so that it will apply to allies in town

---

Possible future changes in 14b if I can figure them out/if they are possible:
Making it so the player automatically starts with the aura, without needing the charm aura (might be possible by some silly techniques involving town intangibles that hit players with aura intown missiles to reverse-ctc an intangible pet on the player that has the aura; would give +1 to the skill on the supercharm so that it doesn't despawn; not sure if we can also make it so the intangible's attack can be forced to not count as an attack so that it only triggers its abilities and not the player's retaliatory ctc)

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: v6b7/v14a Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Nagahaku » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:38 am

passiveupdater sounds cool, I don’t know if you were using setitem bonuses, which is what I found during modding. Set bonuses repeatedly updating themselves with unknown rates, and it could be used as a passive updater. I used it on griswold sets
edit: after i downloaded your latest pack and actually saw the uptater, i found it's not the set bonus. i'll look into it to see if it could be used in my mod :D
Last edited by Nagahaku on Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrderOfTheScribble
United States of America

Post by OrderOfTheScribble » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:48 am

I've downloaded Modworked v14 and seen how the new passive updater works. Previously, it fluctuated allskills and had to give a net of +1 to all skills to avoid crashing, but now it fluctuates + to Attack, which is used for normal attacks, so its skill level is irrelevant. It's definitely an improvement, as modders no longer have to work around +1 to all skills, and the new system is much cleaner for allies.

Nagahaku, I don't know what you mean by set bonuses as a passive updater. AFAIK, passives only update when their skill level changes. There was an old version of the passive updater that used the 'value' stat as its timer, and 'value' turned out to be used by sets.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:21 am

OrderOfTheScribble wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:48 am
I don't know what you mean by set bonuses as a passive updater.
as what i found, set (maybe fullset?) bonuses are special states that keep refreshing themselves, yet the rate is unknown. and passive stats got updated when a set bonus state refreshes.
Edit: perhaps this updater method only works with a passive skill stat offered by the very set. i may test more later.

OrderOfTheScribble
United States of America

Post by OrderOfTheScribble » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:50 am

When I looked at ItemTypes.txt in Modworked v14, I noticed that the moved 'swor' itype was linked to mrc4 when it should be linked to mrc3. Theoretically, this typo would allow act 2 mercs to equip swords, but not act 3 or 5 mercs if the hardcoding of merc item types is by row, though I didn't actually test this since I applied the change manually in my mod without the typo.

nehavilash
India

Post by nehavilash » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:12 pm

you could define a new modifier in one of the game's text files,
specifying the conditions under which it activates and the bonus it provides to the character's defense.
Then, you can link this modifier to an item or skill, which will grant the defense bonus when the character's life falls below the designated threshold.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b7/v14a1 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:07 am

Thanks OrderOfTheScribble! Itemtype related bugs are now fixed in v14a1. Namely:
•Swords have their itemtype fixed so that they no longer appear as Spear Class
•Reorganized itemtypes and fixed desync between itemtypes and montypes

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: v6b7/v14a1 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Nagahaku » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:43 am

Cypress wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:37 pm
New Passive Updater: No longer fluctuates allskills to update passives, now uses some weird method that I think tricks the game into updating when it otherwise wouldn't.
I studied into this and found it's a wonderful solution, then remade it into a initial 'active aura' skill with your idea in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67716
i'm not really fond of initial charms, don't know if i could import some superstate functions with initial skills, but this is a good start, i'll study more into this idea :D

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:23 pm

Overworked v6b8, Modworked v14a3:
•Fixed a bug where masteries would not work on high itemtype IDs due to insufficient param bits (thanks OrderOfTheScribble!)
•Fixed Sapphire typos in misc.txt and gems.txt (and MatriarchalJavelin in Overworked) (thanks Doc Brown!)
•Fixed an improper Holy Shield reference, which was referencing the wrong column for its special state-hardcoded defensive bonus

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”