VK Middle Earth 1.8 Reviewed

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

No votes

Total votes: 0

Eisead
Champion of the Light

VK Middle Earth 1.8 Reviewed

Post by Eisead » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:56 am

Yes, it true, VK Middle Earth has been reviewed by me, myself, and I: Eisead! :deal:

You can find the review here and the web site here

Please post your comments on my writing style, your opion of the mod, and how rightfully (or wrongfully) I rated this mod.
Last edited by Eisead on Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: VK Middle Earth 1.8 Reviewed

Post by Alkalund » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:08 am

Thanks for this very nice review Eisdead, we lacked a review of this great mod :)

I unfortunately didn't play theD2 MEmod past act 1 yet, but having followed Varaya and Khan's work since the day of ol' Diablo 1, I trust them to be the masters of game balancing. True, balancing in D2 is a different business altogether, but I've heard a lot about the overall good work and balance they've done with this mod.

Your writing style is good; as to possible flaws I could see, it lacks word on monster balancing, which is also a very important issue IMO.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:08 am

Your easement of the mod was right on IMHO. If view from a classic mod stand point it holds its own against any that were created at its time. It is a wee bit out dated in comparison to some of the advancements that are common today. I personal like the story rework but that’s just me I like stories.:mrgreenjester: And some thing lacking in most mods today sadly. The mod is balanced very well. I have played it threw hell and if you don’t mind the drop rate.

I am a big fan of maps myself tired of running the same old path.

Well done Eisead :mrgreenking:
Last edited by Black Heart on Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:18 pm

*This topic has been moved from Member Announcements to Mod Reviews*

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:19 pm

Good work Eisead. Nice to see your taking the reins from me with confidence, talent, a good old splash of sarcasm. I'd hate to think they'd put someone nice into my place :) I'm kinda inclined to give the mod for a spin myself, what with the recent film release rekindling my desire for short, big feeted people, and men with long hair and beards.

As a side note to Eisead, I'd prepare yourself. Mod makers can't really do an awful lot with the diablo code itself, so a lot of mods will seem very similiar to each other, with the exception of some 'excelsior' mods. It's not that bad a thing, but I got incrediable stick for complaining about the repetition in mods. Just a warning :)

MP

Eliminster

Post by Eliminster » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:24 pm

So when do we get a review of 1.07 D1ME mod? ;)

Return to “Mod Reviews”