::: THE WEEKLY FEEDBACK ::: Eastern Sun Mod

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

No votes

Total votes: 0

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

::: THE WEEKLY FEEDBACK ::: Eastern Sun Mod

Post by Maxx Power » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:49 pm

Perhaps the oldest mod still going, talk about this gem right here!

rulez-sux

Re: ::: THE WEEKLY FEEDBACK ::: Eastern Sun Mod

Post by rulez-sux » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:56 pm

have to say its alot better balanced out and challanging then some of the other mods also. took me 6 weeks of solo play to finnaly beat the game completely with my zon. luckly I would guess because she is only lvl 81.
"there is no devil, its god getting drunk" robin williams

noir
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by noir » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:53 pm

there's a lot of interesting things about this mod that kept me playing d2...
lots new affixes, new items, new monsters (like the d1 knights :) ), new craft recipes, you are even able to craft unique items and improve upon them, new runes and rune words... i also like the fact that you don't have to do mf runs ad infinitum just to get some decent gear.
and last but not least a very nice online community (though it has degraded a bit in the last months).
well that's all i can think of for now

KaSt

Post by KaSt » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:02 pm

I have tried some other mods, and not to mention names they all came off with some sort of blunder that stuck out like a sore thumb. Such as {filtered} poor grafix, really cheesey new monsters, poor gameplay, insanely easy, insanely hard. I think ES has proven through the rigors of time and alotta sleepless nites by cell im sure. You can get a very well balanced, challenging game (but not kick your tower and smash your keyboard hard), and totaly fix everything that was pretty much wrong with the stale LoD. Kutos and this mod is honestly a MUST try for anyone who is sick and tired of LoD. Helps forget that 1.10 is still generation in the making. (thought an infanite number of monkeys worked faster than that?).
-KaSt

Draken-Korin

Post by Draken-Korin » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:39 pm

This is the best mod we've been played(we-> my whole city)... :)
1-st- The original LoD is cool game but it's old and become a borring.
2-ond- This mod is not some stupid cheat or something...This is good balanced and very interesting. Many new weapons and stuff...and the best is that all uniques are new and better for use. About the hirelinks....they are the best.Skills are in right place.
3-rd- And the creator of the mod is guy ho knows what he doing.All fans have to be realy thankfull to him.
Now we waiting for new version of the mod.And i think she will be better, with many new items and other things.I can't wait to play it :twisted:

For those ho are wonder. and are still not sure about Eastern Sun....hehe
What can i say JUST PLAY IT.

bye bye :lol:
In the memory of one old and mighty race.....Valheru the Dragon-Lords....

noELrunes
Champion of the Light

Post by noELrunes » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:27 pm

I would say the only bad point of this mod is the same with every mod.

getting past act 1 to see the good parts :D
A secret is well kept by 3 people if 2 are dead

rulez-sux

Post by rulez-sux » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:51 am

[quote="noELrunes";p="69122"]I would say the only bad point of this mod is the same with every mod.

getting past act 1 to see the good parts :D[/quote]

this part i have to agree with, i start it up the first time, and thought it would be as easy as the normal LoD game... well I learned really quickly how wrong i was as I got my rear end handed to me. made me stop and rethink the whole set up i was planning on as a char build. which is another reason I like this mod.

completely new types of builds on chars that will actually work. with the variaty of items and setups no chars should really end up the same as others. which is the biggest problem on LoD, go into any hell level game and every sorc over level 65 with MF in the name has the same gear, same skills, which is just about the same for every char class and build, there are thousands of twins running around.
"there is no devil, its god getting drunk" robin williams

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:41 pm

Eastern Sun, the Sun in the east.

Good mod, I would have to say this is the 3rd step in the mod ladder for people new the community. Its not a drop mod, but its not a super complex Runemod. It has everything that made LoD fun, but it also has everything tha makes Mods fun. Drop rates are desenet for mod play.

Altough in the last version I played, bosses where 'crazy' hard. Never had use actul stragegy before when fighting a boss so I guess that makes it a little fun for the first 20 mintues of being killed by baal.

Personlly for me though because it is so close to being like LoD it never clicked for me, but it has all the goodness a person likes from a mod.

Return to “Mod Reviews”