DoomsDay Mod 1.1

The mod developer has closed this project and moved on to Blackened.
Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

DoomsDay Mod 1.1

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:51 am

An here's a new project that I'm pleased to announce, by rav3n:

DoomsDay Mod
rav3n" wrote:DoomsDay Mod v1.1 for LoD 1.09
by rav3n - gpa2@terra.com.br
http://www.doomsdaymod.kit.net

:: The Idea

The basic concept of DoomsDay is to re-design Diablo 2 in an innovative way.
I wanted underused aspects of the game such as Gold management, Crafted Items, Gambling,
Potions and Gems, etc. to have a real utility even in high-levels. Also I completely edited
all Skills and Skill Trees, so that the old character concepts such as SF/Frozen Orb
Sorceress or WW Barb with polearms become weaker, and new strategies need to be discovered.

To spice things up there are lots (I mean, LOTS) of new features related to itens, monsters,
and game mechanics in general. Overall, the game is slightly more difficult, but much cooler to play...

:: The Changes

- Increased monster HP and stats to simulate a 8-player Game.

- Completely re-edited Skills and Skills trees. They were improved to match the stronger monsters and some of them now work in a totally different way.

- Max Character Level is now 250 instead of 99, and Max Skill Level is now 30 instead of 20.

- ALL D2X Unique Items and Set Items are gone. I created 800+ new Unique Items and Set Items to replace them.

- Now there are Unique Item versions for Charms, Jewels and Throwing Weapons.

- Lots of new Magic Prefixes and Affixes.

- All Monsters have Descriptor displaying lots of information about them such as Resistances and Abilities.

- Characters that used to suck in D2X can do pretty well in DoomsDay, such as Axe Barbarian with Frenzy (Bersekers) and Paladins with Zeal as main attack (Zealots).

- Hirelings have new abilities and spells as well as improved Hit Points and Damage. They are not dead-weight anymore.

- Some Waypoints have been moved somewhere else to prevent "Runs".

- All vendors now have maximum buy price at 50k Normal, 100k Nightmare and 150k Hell, but they only buy at 25% taxes instead of 50%

- All Potions are now 2x more expensive than they were before

- Introduced lots of new items such as Candles and Mage Flasks that are used in some Craft Recipes or can be sold for decent amounts of Gold.

- Gamble is now more expensive.

- Unique, Set and Rare items are easier to Gamble. They were nearly impossible to find through gamble in D2X.

- Gems now have real use in the game. They are much more powerful and they are needed in a wide range of new Cube Recipes but you can't find any gem better than Flawed quality. The only way to achieve high-quality gems is to buy them in the vendors for a huge amount of gold.

- Almost all areas in the game are bigger, although Act 3 is smaller right now.

- Created 50+ TOTALLY NEW monsters and also increased the range of monsters that can appear in all areas of the game. (eg. Den of Evil spawned 4 different types of monsters in D2X, in Doomsday there are 7 types in there).

- Some Super-unique monsters are gone and to replace them there are brand new ones such as Gangaturr the Fanatic and the Carver Elite (Rakanishu, Bishibosh, Daggoth and Ilrak).

- Bosses are much stronger than they used to be, but also much more rewarding.

- Lots of areas have bigger Monster Density to increase challenge.

- Some areas such as Tristram, Duriel's Lair etc., have been completely re-done via DS1 editing.

- Removed the Hell Immunities of all monsters and added decent resistance to all elements instead of complete immunity to a single one.

- Changed starting equipment for almost all characters.

- Gloves, Boots, Belts, Helms and Shields have bigger Defense now. Specially the Shields that can now reach 300 Defense!

- Included lots of new base items such as the Throwing Hammer, Coif, Edge, Banded Plate and some Class-specific items such as the Nomad Axe and the Stabbing Knife.

- Axes, Maces, Throwing Weapons and Daggers are more powerful now than they were in D2X.

- All areas have more Random Bosses and Champions.

- Removed the "diminishing returns" applied to drop rates when the character has high levels of Magic Find.

- Thawing Potions, Stamina Potions, Antidote Potions, and all Poison-Damage and Fire-Damage Potions are less likely to drop.

- You can buy better Potions earlier in the Game (eg. Greater Healing Potions are avaliable Act 2 Normal).

- All stacking items, weapons or not, now have a much bigger Max Stack.

- There is a bigger chance of a Unique, Set, or Rare item dropping, which right now are much more powerful then they used to be.

- Now the Horadric Cube is dropped by the Den of Evil boss as well as in Halls Of The Dead Level 3.

- 100+ new Craft Recipes, which right now are extremely important for your character's survival through the whole game.

- 50+ new Runewords. Some use very common runes, so even in low-lvl play you can make Runewords. Some are so powerful that you won't be able to make them until lvl 80+.

- Use of .dll Edit to fix some D2 Bugs
------------------------------------------------

Target Release Date: 3rd Week of February (yes, a 1 week delay due to some unexpected problems with Level Editing... sorry guys)
Last edited by Alkalund on Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

rav3n
Paladin

Re: DoomsDay Mod 1.1

Post by rav3n » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:00 am

thx a lot Alkalund!

ok guys if you any questions
I'm here to answer :)

Cya.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)
Currently working on the Blackned MOD

Excel Excel

Post by Excel Excel » Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:17 am

Your page is taking a while to load, but hey that's cool as long as I can download/review it. Oh no wait...it just changed to Cannot Find server...rats

Anyway, you said certain classes of character no longer suck and you listed Zealot and Berserker (Zealot by the way is still used, my friend has a level 70 one that tears through hell). Does this mean Convertidins and Necros no longer blow big time?
"How can I pull the trigger when I see that glint in their cute little eyeballs"

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:30 pm

Excel Excel" wrote:Your page is taking a while to load, but hey that's cool as long as I can download/review it. Oh no wait...it just changed to Cannot Find server...rats

Anyway, you said certain classes of character no longer suck and you listed Zealot and Berserker (Zealot by the way is still used, my friend has a level 70 one that tears through hell). Does this mean Convertidins and Necros no longer blow big time?
the server the page is hosted really sucks. it's slow and does not support CGI and SSI.
but I have no money to purchase a domain :(

well...

yes. Necros no longer suck in hell. Necros and Paladins are better overall... in my opinion Amazon and Sorceress were the most powerful chars in D2X and they'll be the less improved... this will make all chars equally good and fun to play.

there are lots of cool new combinations that seem to work.
I have Sorcy that uses Inferno as main attack.

She's in act 5 / normal and doing pretty well (i think i only died to Gangaturr, which is the new Den of Evill boss and to the Corpse Explosion after killing the Countess....). with the right equipament Inferno is devasting.

Throwing Barbarians are also really good.
I think today i'll start a Teethmancer... lol...
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

SILENT-SNIPER
Banned
Warrior

Post by SILENT-SNIPER » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:13 pm

when do u think ur mod will be out and will there be any new skills??

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:16 pm

Check the features list in the first post, SILENT-SNIPER:
rav3n" wrote: Completely re-edited Skills and Skills trees. They were improved to match the stronger monsters and
some of them now work in a totally different way.
rav3n" wrote:My goal is to release the mod by Mid-february. Maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later. Either way i'll try to keep everyone
informed. For further information visit my website: http://www.doomsdaymod.kit.net

lich

Post by lich » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:49 am

I, I can't open your site why???
can U tell me how to get your mod in another site. Thanks! :P
great emotion

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:06 am

strange... u guys can't enter the site? :O
it should work. it works for me... worked for alkalund too...

anyway i just updated the site
i added the unique xbows
and 3 screenshots

anyway the mod is not done yet :(
i'll try to finish it by february
Last edited by rav3n on Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:29 am

ok guys could you please try this url?

http://www.doomsdaymod.hpg.com.br
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:40 pm

Both links are working fine with me.

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:33 pm

Welp, I'll try it at hope when I get there.
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

Excel Excel

Post by Excel Excel » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:59 am

Second link works perfectly
"How can I pull the trigger when I see that glint in their cute little eyeballs"

smartguy

Post by smartguy » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:46 pm

Hey rav3n, great site ! - Especially since the mod isn't released yet ;)

Good luck with your mod and allways move on :tredmil:

But hint: every minute you work on the page, you can not work on the mod ;).

Btw. has there already been a (non-public ?) 1.0 version ?

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:10 am

yea i know
since right now everything is working on the site
i'll concentrate 90% of my time in the mod
but anyway i believe that after reading the site ppl become more interested in the mod, so it's important :)

and yes - read the faq
doomsday 1.0 was released to some clanmates and brazilian friends long time ago in 1.03 D2C days :)

thx! cya!

p.s: soon i'll add some features i forgot to list
like tons of new prefixes and affixes, increase on penaltys applied in nm/hell etc.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

lich

Post by lich » Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:10 am

new link is excellent. I can visit it now, thank U, your mod not release yet? It's for version 1.10?
great emotion

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:16 am

no.

if 1.10 has not been released by the time i finish my mod, then it's ok, it'll be a 1.09d mod.

but if blizzard release 1.10 before i finish the mod then i'll update my d2 and finish the mod as a 1.10 mod.

p.s: it seems kit.net does not accept visitors that are not from brazil. that's the only way i can explain why did me and alkalund can visit the site and other ppl can't...
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:10 pm

This mod sounds VERY VERY intresting! Can´t wait till february. Will your char be able to find some of the low level sets as a low level char? because it would be very fun, if perhaps rakanishu will drop a level 3 set (of course a weak one) and then, when finding better items, you have to think about what using.
Last edited by Morgaelin on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dafox

Post by dafox » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:34 pm

Morgaelin" wrote:This mod sounds VERY VERY intresting! Can´t wait till february. Will your char be able to find some of the low level sets as a low level char? because it would be very fun, if perhaps rakanishu will drop a level 3 set (of course a weak one) and then, when finding better items, you have to think about what using.

boy u copyin off my mod :x lol j/k i had that idia also (rav3n if u use it mind if i add it ;) )

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:12 pm

Morgaelin" wrote:This mod sounds VERY VERY intresting! Can´t wait till february. Will your char be able to find some of the low level sets as a low level char? because it would be very fun, if perhaps rakanishu will drop a level 3 set (of course a weak one) and then, when finding better items, you have to think about what using.
well i thought of something like that. in the first version of the mod, the den of evil boss dropped a unique leather armor. but then i realized it was easily exploited... you could sell it over and over again since it costs something around 3k... and also i don't find really cool for a unique item be so common

since i'm working on avoiding runs (no more WP to durance 2, and pindle is not on the nihlatak temple entrance anymore), i made all boss (this include random bosses) much more likely to drop set/uniques. i think items are much more rewarding if you find them "naturally".

there'll be about 20 low lvl sets (lvl 30-), 15 mid lvl (lvl 31-60) and 10 high lvl sets (lvl 61+)

10 low lvl sets are for characters lvl 1-15!

also, since there'll be lots of new runewords (something around 75), some wil be immensily easy to find (like, Dread, ELD + EL!). altough not really powerful they'll surely help a lot and make the game much cooler!
Last edited by rav3n on Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:33 pm

That´s right, a unique is by far cooler if you found it by "luck", not at a run. I think the main problem with low- lvl sets is, you can only complete them when your char- lvl is already high, so you can´t use it anymore, cause it´s too weak. I meant, it would be nice, if my low- lvl char uses a low- lvl set.

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:37 pm

of course
and it's very possible to do so in DD!!!

i managed to complete a 4 item set with my alpha-test sorceress in act 1! there's even a screenshot in the website.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:48 pm

ok, that´s exactly the thing i wanted to hear! :-))

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:35 pm

Another question: will there be specific set- or unique- drops? Or perhaps are there rune- drops (like in act 5 you get ral, ort, tal for a rune word) that give you a certain runeword (perhaps different drops per difficulty?) ? Also a nice idea would be a set build from jewels. Is there something like this ? The last question: How big will the mod be?

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:14 pm

Morgaelin" wrote:Another question: will there be specific set- or unique- drops?
do you mean, monsters or chests that always drop a unique or set item? no... only for the horadric cube. but this is not 100% confirmed.
Or perhaps are there rune- drops (like in act 5 you get ral, ort, tal for a rune word) that give you a certain runeword (perhaps different drops per difficulty?) ?
no but Qual-Thek (or something like that) gives you a runeword when you complete his quest in normal/nm/hell difficulties. not defnitive too.
Also a nice idea would be a set build from jewels. Is there something like this ?
no... that would be impossibe... but anyway jewels (and gems as well) will be used in a wide range of cube recipes. altough i've not start modding the crafting recipes yet i'm pretty sure there'll be recipes to create unique and set items. and there'll be unique jewels too...[/quote]
The last question: How big will the mod be?
something around 5-10 MB which includes the VBS launcher, a complete documentation in .doc (something like the one zy-el mod has), some few informative .txts (if you can't open .doc on your comp).... that's it :)

cya
Last edited by rav3n on Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:21 pm

I know about qual- kehk (or something like this), but i meant specific monsters dropping runes for a word.

P.S.: katos documentation at zy- el is one of the best i´ve ever seen

Return to “DoomsDay”