My hardcore Challenge - Unique Of-a-Kind

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

100%

Total votes: 1

Rahhja
Paladin

Re: My hardcore Challenge - Unique Of-a-Kind

Post by Rahhja » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Ugly content removed
Last edited by Rahhja on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rahhja
Paladin

Post by Rahhja » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Code: Select all

Name/Class               Level       Difficulty/Act           Name/Class             Level      Difficulty/Act
---------------------------------------------------      ------------------------------------------------
JillII/Amazon               65 (97)      Normal/1               Crank/Assassin          29        Normal/1
Mongo/Barbarian             15           Normal/1               AllanonIII/Druid        65        Normal/1
BronasIII/Necromancer       63           Normal/1               Heath/Paladin           60        Normal/1
Esmerelda/Sorceress         121          Normal/1     

{Total 315     Position ????    Deaths 5}
I've taken a break from Esmerelda to work on Heath, my Paladin. A tall charm with dire wolves on it has made it pretty easy to play at p/16 the whole time. He's about to head to Tristram.

Edit: 4 done and working on my assassin. It's taken me awhile to get back into HC mode but I think I'm there.
Edit: lost my necro at level 41 to Woodfist. Got my Amazon through Act1.
Edit: just updating and getting ready to start up again.

Edit: BronasIII has finished Act1 at level 63 with no issues. After leveling in the first 3 areas at p64 till 40, I played the rest of the act at p8. Crank will be next to finish.

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:10 am

You are still plugging away at this monster challenge... I am truly impressed with your sticktoitiveness, Rahhja! This is the second most difficult stage of the journey, so the fact that you have not thrown in the towel is a testament to your willpower. :twisted: I wish you all the best in your continued hardcore leveling! Gooooooooo Crank!

Dapaba
Forum Regular
Angel
Canada

Post by Dapaba » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:52 pm

It took a couple days but I read this thread from beginning to end. It's awesome that Clersius finished it up. Huge grats to you Clersius if you're still around. I still have all my Zy-El save files including this tourney, and might try to finish it up. More likely to start fresh...have to relearn everything and it's been so long...
Kato on the Zy-El Welcome page: 'This Mod's not a cakewalk. So, I don't want to hear any whining about how tough it is! If you want an easier game, go back to "vanilla" LOD or play some other Mod.'

Armatos

Post by Armatos » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi guys,

I haven't read all of the 48 pages yet but I cannot hold myself any longer, I must try this challenge! My best character so far was my zealer paladin lvl 123 stuck on act 5 normal.

Following a few tips I have read I will start with Swifty, an assassin and her psychic hammer. In all of my years playing this game I have NEVER played an assassin. I have no idea what her skills are or look like. She will also be my first hardcore character ever. May the escape button react in my favor for it will be used plenty!

Also, I will be attempting this challenge on version 4.5

Wish me luck! :)

Rahhja
Paladin

Post by Rahhja » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:51 pm

I always find myself drawn back to this game, this mod, this tournament. I understand that Clersius crushed this many, many moons ago but I feel that it wont truly be done with until everyone has completely forgotten about it and has passed away from old age. I will be posting progress here hopefully regularly and maybe will attract some interest again.

Rahhja

edit:

Code: Select all

Name/Class               Level       Difficulty/Act           Name/Class             Level      Difficulty/Act
---------------------------------------------------      ------------------------------------------------
????/Amazon                1           Normal/1                ????/Assassin          1        Normal/1
Gronk/Barbarian           27           Normal/1                Allanon/Druid         99        Normal/1
????/Necromancer           1           Normal/1                ????/Paladin           1        Normal/1
Egwene/Sorceress         128           Normal/1     

{Total 258     Position ????    Deaths 0}

So, as you can see, I've started. Gronk was first until I got some gems and a couple of pieces of armor for Allanon. Allanon played till about level 20 until he re-rolled a puppy wag scroll which he immediately turned over to Egwene who marched through to the end of Act 1. She then farmed most of the last few days to fill up the stash. I am now back with Allanon and have just killed Blood Raven.

I haven't decided on names for the rest of the crew but seeing as I'm re-reading the Wheel of Time maybe I'll stick with some of those characters.

Stay healthy,

Rahhja

edit 2: Allanon is now at the inner cloister WP and is collecting lots of items at p/32. His cold rogue is quite the beast and does more damage then his summons do. I have completed 2 posters, Kirby and Manny. One may go to Gronk when he hits 50 and then other probably to my amazon.

edit 3: Allanon has finished ACT 1 and has rerun some of the monastery until level 99. I now have plenty of beginner items and crafting materials in my stash for the rest of the crew. I think im going to go back to Gronk and get him through the rest of the Act before deciding on who to activate next.

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”