Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Dark Alliance - Main Discussion Topic

Post by kingpin » Mon May 12, 2003 8:33 pm

Well,

Copper coins will be the common coins that people trade with. Gold/Silver will be foreign coins. This coins will have different values, depends on from what part they come from. So, you would not necessary know their exact value.

I used 1 Gold = 10 Silver, 1 Silver = 10 copper as a start. But, this kind of exchange is not what i'm going to use ;)

Rhonlore: So in the mud you play, copper coins is the common coin and all prices is in copper?

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Tue May 13, 2003 12:44 pm

Copper = Normal
Silver = Nightmare
Gold = Hell

That's where you find them ;).
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue May 13, 2003 8:10 pm

Are you talking of some kind of mud? or a suggestion to Dark Alliance where you will find them?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 14, 2003 11:09 am

I have implemented one of the last monsters for the first chapter.

Thanx to Joel for the animation.

Here is a screenshot of the (removed old screenshoot, couldn't find it any more)
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 14, 2003 1:47 pm

Here are some more screenshots:

I have plan for the Second Chapter to have several new Caves. This screenshots shows some magical effekts.

This cave will have magical effects that attacks the player. They will be imobile. What magic effects they are going to have is not decided at the moment.

The screeshots is only meant to show the effects. So, this is not a screenshot from a cave ;)

(Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)

EDIT:

Is working on startitems at the moment. But have updated one item for Akara that she sells also. Its hers own Healing Potion (you can't buy normal healing potions in her shop).

You can see a screenshot (Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)

EDIT2:

Here is the first screenshot of Monster specific Unique items. You can only get this unique from a zombie. That means you can only get this from Blood Moor and Cold Plains.

(Removed the screenshots since those was from 1.09x version of DA, couldn't find them anylonger)

Story of a Legend:
Ka'Rath was once ago a wellknown Hero. He let a smith forge this armor that spread fear against his enemies. One day he got trapped when he was fighting against a powerfull Necromancer. He died in this fight and a story tells that he returned as a Zombie.

There are a Zombie that sometimes can be seen in Blood Moor or Cold Plains that are fearfull to meet. This zombie are known as Ka'Rath, The Zombie King.

This Zombie brings fear around Blood Moor and Cold Plains. Traveler never feels safe.

EDIT3:

I got a new idea today.

Powerfull stones called Recharge Stones. You can use this stones to fill charges up and the stone destroys. This will be hard to get stones, but there are probably be some kind of recipe to create this stones.

How sounds this idea?
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grovsnus

Post by Grovsnus » Mon May 26, 2003 4:05 pm

kingpin";p="98572" wrote:
I got a new idea today.

Powerfull stones called Recharge Stones. You can use this stones to fill charges up and the stone destroys. This will be hard to get stones, but there are probably be some kind of recipe to create this stones.

How sounds this idea?
Well, the idea is really great, but what is it that should be rechaged? is it teleport scrolls, herbs , mana pool, life pool or weapons or armor etc etc ?
Last edited by Grovsnus on Mon May 26, 2003 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon May 26, 2003 10:22 pm

Well, the idea is really great, but what is it that should be rechaged? is it teleport scrolls, herbs , mana pool, life pool or weapons or armor etc etc ?
I have thougth more about this. I will extend the crystal's abilities that i already have.

Blue Crystals; Socked an item, part of cuberecipe or the new ability right click to recharge an item (this is applied to all charges).

White Crystal; Socked an item, part of cuberecipe or the new ability right click to repair an non ethereal item.

Black Crystal; Socked an item, part of cuberecipe or the new ability right click to repair an ethereal item (5 durability max)

Also, i have finished all monster specific unique items today. But, are still in checking that the unique items is working as it should.

But, here are six different screenshots:

Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Tue May 27, 2003 7:32 pm

I saw that The unique Werewolf Hunter in sreenshots have werewolf skill charges , is this wouldnt crash the game when non-druid character die in werewolf form ? AFAIK non-druid character doesnt have death animation while die in werewolf form :?: . Maybe better to change that to direwolf charges or sumthing like that .

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue May 27, 2003 7:48 pm

Well,

I'm aware of that, but thanx for pointing this out ;)

But, since 1.10 is around the corner and in 1.10 this will be possible. I have already added this ability to the item. To just show what the item will have. I just forgott to mention that when i post the screenshot ;)

If the sneakpeek version is out before 1.10. This item will not have that ability.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri May 30, 2003 4:07 pm

With my new socket code we will see a lot of new stuff with socketed items.

Class only item: As an example a Jewel that only works for Barbarian.

Several Class item only: A Powerfull stone that only works for Sorceress/Necromancer:

items for a certain itemtype/item: Some runes, stones, jewels will work for only swords as an example.

items that gives a hidden bonus: When you socket the jewel into a normal/magical/rare item it gets the bonus that are on the item. If you socked the item into a unique/set item it will give you a hidden bonus.

When i have worked more on the ideas i will post it here, feel free to come with suggestions ;)

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Fri May 30, 2003 10:43 pm

Wow , thats very interesting idea ..... a jewel that only work for each class? yay....... :D

Anyway , how about adding several unique jewel that will give hidden bonuses or turn that item into some uniq item after we socket that jewel on normal and magic item , but..... this bonus only show up if :

1.we put the right uniq jewel into the right weapon class (i.e jewel A for sword class , B for Axe class etc )
2.the item must be normal/magic and only have 1 socket slot

But if we put the wrong jewel on some weapon class ( i.e jewel A is use on Axe) then that weapon will only gain the jewel properties.
And then u can add some clue scroll to tell the player which uniq jewel is match with certain weapon class . Just a thought.......

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat May 31, 2003 3:04 pm

1.we put the right uniq jewel into the right weapon class (i.e jewel A for sword class , B for Axe class etc )
2.the item must be normal/magic and only have 1 socket slot

But if we put the wrong jewel on some weapon class ( i.e jewel A is use on Axe) then that weapon will only gain the jewel properties.
What about be more evil. If you put the jewel into wrong item, the item gets cursed? ;)

This could be nice to have Jewels for Sword, Axes and so on.

This is an example only.

Dyradian's Jewel of Sharpness:
{Sword only, unique}

+10 Min Dmg
+20 Max Dmg
+10 Magic Damage

If this is put into a non sword item it gives instead:
-20 dmg
-10 to all resistance

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Sat May 31, 2003 8:55 pm

Sounds interesting , that will make people to use it more carefully and also get some surprise if they put the wrong jewel on wrong item. :mrgreen:
Anyway i change my mind about make it only work on normal/magic item with 1 socket, how about make this jewel also socketable on rare/set/uniq item and not only 1 socket slot but any socket .
And then it work like this :

1.Hidden bonus from jewel will show up if we put this jewel to the right item ,work in all item quality (normal/magic/rare/set/uniq)
2.If we put the wrong jewel on normal and magic item it wil only give the jewel normal bonus
3.If we put the wrong jewel on rare/set/uniq it will give that item a cursed properies from that jewel

Since usually normal and magic item is much weaker than rare/set or uniq then this will give the players an option , are they gonna take the risk to use this jewel on their neat item ( rare/set/uniq) and get more powerful bonus from the jewel ( or be cursed :mrgreen: ) or just play safe and use it on enhance their normal/magic item.
And dont forget to make the drop rate from this jewel pretty rare( but not as rare like Zod in LoD of course ;) ) or else when someone found out the right combination they can make some godly item.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat May 31, 2003 10:14 pm

Yes, all powerfull things like this should be hard to get.

I will try to group different kind of effects for socket gems/jewels/runes.

I will make a set of different type of gems and so on.

Also, i will make it possible to have runewords that works on Unique/Set/Magic and Crafted items. This runes will only work on their respective Unique e.tc.

Your suggestion is nice. To let this "cursed" gems work on all type of items. You will get cluescrolls that points you into the right direction.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:36 am

ideas for places to pop up (names) when fighting bosses. i.e. Blood Morr pops up when you exit town.

Act I - Blood Raven's Keep
Act I - Andariel's Church
Act II - Radament's Kingdom
Act II - Duriel's Cave
Act II - Summoner's Throne
Act III - Mephisto's Stand
Act IV - Izual's Corrupted Plains
Act IV - Diablo's Final Duel or Diablo's Crypt
Act V - Ancients' Sanctuary or Ancients' Battle Grounds
Act V - Baal's Hell

just ideas. Tell me watcha think of them!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:43 am

I like the ideas.

With the possibilites to add a lot of new preset area's this idea would also be able to do.

I will start with Blood Raven's Keep and see how that works when it's time for that ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:24 pm

Spellscrolls feature is done now.

This is like the D1 Spellscroll system. You can use the scroll one time, after that it dissapear.

This is some scrolls that will exist:

Scroll of Teleport: You can use it to teleport. The sorceress starts with one scroll.

Scroll of Summon Golem: This scroll will summon you a golem. The necromancer starts with this scroll.

EDIT:

Another idea i got today.

A new item that are an ancient artefakt, its a powerfull stone from ancient times when the world was filled with magic. This stone gives you an aura and you put this into your inventory. You can only use one stone at one time.
Last edited by kingpin on Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:39 am

here are some names for the scrolls.
kingpin";p="103283" wrote: Scroll of Teleport: You can use it to teleport. The sorceress starts with one scroll.
Rename to Scroll of Phasing.
kingpin";p="103283" wrote: Scroll of Summon Golem: This scroll will summon you a golem. The necromancer starts with this scroll.
rename to Stone Scroll. (clay golem, right ;) )

Fire Scroll
Ice Scroll
Frost Scroll
Shiver Scroll
Egyptian Scroll
Desert Scroll
Vengeance Scroll
Lightning Scroll
Firestorm Scroll
Electric Scroll
Burning Scroll
Frozen Scroll
Toxic Scroll
Gravitational Scroll
Death Scroll
Scroll of Doom
Mysterious Scroll
Scroll of Mystification
Scroll of Endurance
Health Scroll
Life Scroll
Scroll of Death
Scroll of Life
Poison Scroll
Lethal Scroll
Scroll of Manipulation (uses Conversion or psy blast ;) )
Creation Scroll
Chaotic Scroll
Scroll of Chaos
Corrupted Scroll
Scroll of the Corrupted
Destructive Scroll
Scroll of Destruction
Demonic Scroll
Scroll of Demons
Heaven's Scroll
Hell's Scroll
Scroll of Heaven
Scroll of Hell
Satan's Scroll
God's Scroll
Scroll of God
Scroll of Satan

I'll think of some more later. :mrgreen:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:43 am

Yep, its Clay Golem we are talking about. The name Stone scroll is the right name for it i belive.

Well, scroll of phasing is not the right name for the scroll i belive ;)

Phasing was in d1 random direction, if i manage to get random direction teleport scroll to work. I will use the scroll of phasing as for that name.

The name is nice, i will use them thanx.
Last edited by kingpin on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:44 pm

Feel free to use the other names for some other spells ;).

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:09 am

Do you have a time frame for beta test 2 :?:
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:18 am

Do you have a time frame for beta test 2
Betatest 2 will start tomorrow (probably not before evening), i'm almost finished with that version at the time i write this ;)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:45 pm

Kingpin I will not be able to continue the beta at this time I melted my motherboard and am unable to finical afford to replace it for a few months sorry. I enjoyed working on this project.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:06 pm

It's was sorry to hear about your motherboard.

It was a pleasure to have you as a betatester, thanx for your time and hopefully the sneakpeek version is out and a alpha version is closer when you are back again. You are welcomed to be part of the test again when you have replaced your motherboard if you want, just let me know when you are back again.
Last edited by kingpin on Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:30 am

Have added a screenshot of a cluescroll that uses the messagescroll system.

Also, i'm planning to add completly new NPC. This npc's will be the needed trainers that players need to seek out when advance to a new level. This feature is still in research.

Also, this trainers can give out a subquest for to your character sometimes.
Last edited by kingpin on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dark Alliance”