post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

The Valhalla mod forum has moved to http://afterlife.ws.
afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

Post by afterlife1488 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:04 pm

Please post anything that you find that is a bug, unbalanced, or anything else that is abnormal here so that it can be fixed.
Valhalla Mod for D2:LoD v1.1

God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from taking over the world!

Bue
Paladin

Re: post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

Post by Bue » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:52 pm

hey again... seems like a wonderful mod.
found a quite annoying bug tho...
whenever foul crows/hawks and such with the new animation comes into the screen,, the game crashes. done it 4 times in a row now on me :( so i cant really move on.

thats it for now

Bue

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:22 am

[quote=Bue";p="92355"]hey again... seems like a wonderful mod.
found a quite annoying bug tho...
whenever foul crows/hawks and such with the new animation comes into the screen,, the game crashes. done it 4 times in a row now on me :( so i cant really move on.

thats it for now

Bue[/quote]

Hm, yeah that happened too me once to in cold plains. I thought it was maybe just a coincidence or something and happened randomally. I tried going in to a new game and it worked ok. I'll see what I can do about this. If it comes to the worst I'll take the foul crows and nests out. If anyone else is having this problem and/or has a solution please reply. :roll:

Do you have the mod with or without music?
Last edited by afterlife1488 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:07 am

well for starters i just downloaded it wo music, since i just wanted to try it out and see how it went...
but i think ill download the music now,, and play with that.

and back to the bug,, i didnt continue playing last night after i found the bug, got annoyed of crashing 4 times in a row.. i guess ill just walk LONG past all those scarecrows now, if i see em, cause without that crash, the mod seems to be running smoothly.

Bue

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:32 pm

[quote=Bue";p="92506"]well for starters i just downloaded it wo music, since i just wanted to try it out and see how it went...
but i think ill download the music now,, and play with that.

and back to the bug,, i didnt continue playing last night after i found the bug, got annoyed of crashing 4 times in a row.. i guess ill just walk LONG past all those scarecrows now, if i see em, cause without that crash, the mod seems to be running smoothly.

Bue[/quote]

If you're on a good connection go get the new one, I fixed the problem. :)

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:08 pm

Gonna run through normal with a Trap Assassin, we'll see how she fares :)
I'm already liking the cut back to 6/1 as opposed to 8/2 which, although awesome, was way too overpowered.

Trappers are my personal favorite, I'm hoping that, if she doesn't fare too well, we can up her damage a little bit :). Most modders could give a rat's ass about this skill tree, but hey, I like to be different.

Feel free to ask me to try out a variant, I'll be happy to oblige.

edit: I'm level 10, and I have to say that if you're going to go for a 10 level tier for skills, they need to be beefed up. I'm in cold plains and frankly, even on players 1, the shock web skill is pathetic at its normal damage. 5-6 damage barely dents anything! My feeling is, for the higher traps (this before actually getting them, so bear with me), you may need to double the amount of times they cast, or up the damage, or both. That being said, its fun so far!

Oh, almost forgot. PLEASE oh plz oh plz make the mercs level with you!!!! One of the things that drove me crazy about Crusades the mod was the fact that your merc got level 9 when you were level 50. Ultimately, that was one of the reasons I quit playing that mod. Not that I'm important or anything, but I bet you'll find quite a few of us out here that love to baby our merc-i-poos, and its hard to do when they remain toddlers into our golden years.
(great mod so far)

edit 2:
aak. Ok Trap assassin definetly not a good idea, at least till the traps are tweaked to better damage! Level 20, and even with 5 cast at once, 5-10 fire damage or something isn't enough to dent anything. Not complaining, but I think I'll set her aside till that gets fixed, since I put a bunch of points into mana, and can't convert her to martial arts. Gonna try a sorc next! Btw merc levels once for every 8 levels, sorry I thought it would be once every 30 or something. Not as bad as I originally thought...

Edit 3 + 4: Woah, so the Sorc started with full tomes of ID and TP, and her skill tree background is different... Asn didn't look like that, I wonder why not...Monsters a lot harder too. I didn't unload the game after I quit with the assassin, so now I'm really confused. I LIKE it, I'm just confused as to the amazing differences between the two.
Last edited by Ssergit on Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:41 am

[quote=Ssergit";p="92693"]Gonna run through normal with a Trap Assassin, we'll see how she fares :)
I'm already liking the cut back to 6/1 as opposed to 8/2 which, although awesome, was way too overpowered.

Trappers are my personal favorite, I'm hoping that, if she doesn't fare too well, we can up her damage a little bit :). Most modders could give a rat's ass about this skill tree, but hey, I like to be different.

Feel free to ask me to try out a variant, I'll be happy to oblige.

edit: I'm level 10, and I have to say that if you're going to go for a 10 level tier for skills, they need to be beefed up. I'm in cold plains and frankly, even on players 1, the shock web skill is pathetic at its normal damage. 5-6 damage barely dents anything! My feeling is, for the higher traps (this before actually getting them, so bear with me), you may need to double the amount of times they cast, or up the damage, or both. That being said, its fun so far!

Oh, almost forgot. PLEASE oh plz oh plz make the mercs level with you!!!! One of the things that drove me crazy about Crusades the mod was the fact that your merc got level 9 when you were level 50. Ultimately, that was one of the reasons I quit playing that mod. Not that I'm important or anything, but I bet you'll find quite a few of us out here that love to baby our merc-i-poos, and its hard to do when they remain toddlers into our golden years.
(great mod so far)

edit 2:
aak. Ok Trap assassin definetly not a good idea, at least till the traps are tweaked to better damage! Level 20, and even with 5 cast at once, 5-10 fire damage or something isn't enough to dent anything. Not complaining, but I think I'll set her aside till that gets fixed, since I put a bunch of points into mana, and can't convert her to martial arts. Gonna try a sorc next! Btw merc levels once for every 8 levels, sorry I thought it would be once every 30 or something. Not as bad as I originally thought...

Edit 3 + 4: Woah, so the Sorc started with full tomes of ID and TP, and her skill tree background is different... Asn didn't look like that, I wonder why not...Monsters a lot harder too. I didn't unload the game after I quit with the assassin, so now I'm really confused. I LIKE it, I'm just confused as to the amazing differences between the two.[/quote]

I didn't get to working on the assassin or druid, the paladin wasn't worked on very much either. I focued on the favorites of most people first. Expect the other characters to be balanced out too. Doesn't the assassin start with a full tome and id book? If not I'll look into it. All of the characters should.

Sorry about the mercs, I didn't spend much time with that yet. That'll also be fixed in the next version, which I'm working on already.

Thanks for all the feedback so far! 8)
Last edited by afterlife1488 on Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:58 am

I got an email today about a defense limit on armor. The sacred armor was set to a a max of 1053 but the limit is 1013. I don't know if the game will crash or the armor will just not spawn but if you come across the problem I have already fixed it so there will be no need to post it.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:59 am

sorry to inform that the foul crow bug is still there.. i made a barb and went out to whack, first time i ran into a boss Foul Crow, i get a crash.

anyways my conclusion so far from the mod is, that i find it alot of fun to play, if any other who is playing it havent tried gambling yet,, pls DO IT! :D it rocks..
also i would say even with uniques, the game is still fairly balanced, since monsters have alot of hp and do a good amount of damage, which surprised me first time i got hit by griswold with my amazon... hehe one hit = R.I.P :P.
i like the mod alot and look forward to playing this, and seing how it goes with all the upcoming versions :)

Bue

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:34 pm

I'm hoping that you have tried this with the new version that I have out for download. I have looked all around cold plains and stony field and have not found any foul crows.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:31 am

yes it was with the new version... might just have been unlucky... it was a boss, so might have spawned randomly,,, have run into em in black marsh as well,, but as long as i avoid hitting em, nothing happens.

welll anyways, thats it for now, i love yer mod btw... its a lot a fun :)

Bue

AMS

Post by AMS » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:20 am

Hi , yeah i d/l it yesterday 04/24/03 and I got the foul crow crash too ,
but only when attacking them , found something odd also whenever
I enter the rocky waste there allways seems to be a unique "leaper"
type monster near the entrance and weather I attack it , it attacks
me or I try to run from it, I get the same crash and error msg.

Assertion Faliure
expression:ptStats->pnattack1
MinDamage[0]= =1

looking foward to playing the rest of the mod. ---AMS

(edit)
Yeah , I did use a merc , Ill try without.
Last edited by AMS on Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:10 am

[quote=AMS";p="93300"]Assertion Faliure
MinDamage[0]= =1[/quote]

This error occurs when you edit the damages of hirelings (mercs) in monstats.txt. To fix the bug, restore the damages of hirelings in monstats.txt to their original values.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:01 am

[quote=Alkalund";p="93338"][quote=AMS";p="93300"]Assertion Faliure
MinDamage[0]= =1[/quote]

This error occurs when you edit the damages of hirelings (mercs) in monstats.txt. To fix the bug, restore the damages of hirelings in monstats.txt to their original values.[/quote]

That's strange because I don't believe I edited the damage that the hirelings do. The foul crow crash WILL be fixed for the next version. Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do.
Last edited by afterlife1488 on Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:09 am

I've never seen this error happen with anyone other than hirelings, but then again there are surprises everyday.

As a test, restore ALL damages in monstats.txt to their original values, and see if the game still crashes with that assertion. If it does, the cause is something else.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:31 am

Using D2Modder to change all of the monster stats probably changed the hirelings attack damage too in the Monstats.txt. Thanks for the information Alkalund, I hope this works :D

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:16 am

No problem :) this error bugged a lot of modders for a long time, until finally one day RexxLaww (author of the great Darkness Weaves mod) discovered what the hell caused it. Considering the long time we've known the solution to this error, it's pretty safe to say D2Modder modified what it shouldn't have there :mrgreen:

[DoH]Beavis

Post by [DoH]Beavis » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:32 am

I have just found the uniq Sharktooth armor :)
But when i id it, it did nothing :-|
Maybe a bug for u there....But else the mod is great :P

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:32 pm

[quote=[DoH]Beavis";p="93706"]I have just found the uniq Sharktooth armor :)
But when i id it, it did nothing :-|
Maybe a bug for u there....But else the mod is great :P[/quote]

I'll look into this and either fix it or let you know of a solution.
add: What do you mean it did nothing? Did it not ID it or did it have no properties when you did?

There may be something wrong with the unique, in this case I'll just redo it because I'm too lazy to look for the problem in the properties.

Alkalund: Do you know when the next version of D2Modder will be out? It's a good program to use when increasing more than one thing by a percentage or editing skills. It's still lacking a lot though but that's ok.
Last edited by afterlife1488 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:36 am

[quote=afterlife1488";p="93816"]Alkalund: Do you know when the next version of D2Modder will be out? It's a good program to use when increasing more than one thing by a percentage or editing skills. It's still lacking a lot though but that's ok.[/quote]

I have no idea, not even if it is still being developed. I still do things the old way, using Excel :mrgreen:

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:56 am

[quote=Alkalund";p="93938"][quote=afterlife1488";p="93816"]Alkalund: Do you know when the next version of D2Modder will be out? It's a good program to use when increasing more than one thing by a percentage or editing skills. It's still lacking a lot though but that's ok.[/quote]

I have no idea, not even if it is still being developed. I still do things the old way, using Excel :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yes, I use MS Excel for everything that D2Modder can't do, which is a lot. D2Modder just makes some things a lot easier to do.

[DoH]Beavis

Post by [DoH]Beavis » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:08 pm

It was when i ID it, it had NO properties what so ever

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:57 pm

[quote=[DoH]Beavis";p="94105"]It was when i ID it, it had NO properties what so ever[/quote]

Okay, thanks for letting me know. It will be fixed for the next version.

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:19 pm

When you buy gems in a2 (don't know about 3,4, or 5 I've been on vacation), you can only buy one, they're not infinite. Perfect Cell had this trouble in Eastern Sun, you might ask him how he fixed it.

I hate to say this but I think gems are overpowered for the price they sell for. As much fun as it has been to own all by making gemmed items for peanuts, you should probably make them more expensive :-|
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:28 pm

the bug with only one gem in act2 doesnt count for all the other acts..
but i agree,, gems are cool, and might need to be more expenssive.. i dont think you should make em worse though, i like that gems rock.

Bue

Return to “Valhalla”