Noob question. Monster skins don't change!

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Scarmiglion

Noob question. Monster skins don't change!

Post by Scarmiglion » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am

Hey, I just got into modding because I wanted to change the appearance of my Necromancers summons, so I got all the necessary stuff and started messing around.

So far I am able to change the skin of my minions however the problem is that they always use a default skin, what I mean is; there are multiple variations of the same skin, example I tried to change the skin of a skeleton into the "Blood Raven" skin however it just used the default "corrupt rogue" skin.

I know that there are many different types of "corrupt rogues", like ones with horns, or slightly different armour but it always uses the same skin. I was under the impression that if I used the correct "hcldx" number then it would give me the specific skin that I'm after.

I hope I was clear, any help would be appreciated!

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Noob question. Monster skins don't change!

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 am

What you seek is in Monstats2.txt, this file controls the different dcc's used for weapons/armor.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Scarmiglion

Post by Scarmiglion » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

Could you please elaborate a bit more, I opened up Monstats2.txt however I'm not sure what I'm looking for?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Take a look at the fileguide
Here it explains the component columns. HDv, TRv, RAv, etc.

Open Data\Global\Monster\CR\ for comparison.
HD - Head
La - Left Arm
Lg - Legs
Lh - Left Hand
Ra - Right Arm
Rh - Right Hand
S1-3 - Special
Sh - Shoulders
Tr - Torso

Inside the TR folder is a bunch of dcc, they look something like:
CRTRHVYA1BOW.dcc, now let me break this down...

CR - Monster Token (Fallen is FA etc)
TR - Component label (In this case Torso)
HVY - Armor Type (Heavy)
A1 - Monster Mode (Attack 1)
BOW - Weapon Class (Bow)

Now lets look at RH folder:
CRRHAXEA11HS.dcc, Lets break it down again

CR - Monster Token
RH - Component Label (Right Hand)
AXE - Weapon Code (Axe)
A1 - Monster Mode (Attack 1)
1HS - Weapon Class (1 Hand Swing)

See the pattern?

So to control what type of graphics your monster shall get, use the HDv columns etc.
Take a look at corruptrogue rows in monstats2.txt

HDv - "lit,med,hvy" <- Armor Type for each component
TRv - "lit,med,hvy"
LGv- "lit,med,hvy"
RAv - "lit,med,hvy"
LAv - "lit,med,hvy"
RHv - "axe,clb,fla,flc,hax,lsd,mac,scm,ssd,whm,sbr" <- Weapons

Remember the CRRHAXEA11HS.dcc? Notice "axe" is the first entry in RHv (Weapons)

I think you get the idea.

Scarmiglion

Post by Scarmiglion » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 am

So, to change the skins I have to edit the values of the HDv columns etc?

What exactly do I have to enter into the column? At the moment they just say "lit,med,hvy" .

In the HDv column if I was to enter "CRHDBRVA1BOW" this would give me the Blood Raven (BRV must stand for Blood Raven right?) head attack 1 with the bow, so that if I inputed the rest of the blood raven '.dcc' codes into the corresponding columns then that would change whatever monster I'm editing into blood raven?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 am

Copy the lines from "bloodraven" row, you will see.

MarcoNecroX
Paladin

Post by MarcoNecroX » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Scarmiglion" wrote:So, to change the skins I have to edit the values of the HDv columns etc?

What exactly do I have to enter into the column? At the moment they just say "lit,med,hvy" .

In the HDv column if I was to enter "CRHDBRVA1BOW" this would give me the Blood Raven (BRV must stand for Blood Raven right?) head attack 1 with the bow, so that if I inputed the rest of the blood raven '.dcc' codes into the corresponding columns then that would change whatever monster I'm editing into blood raven?
It's not that hard, nothing that sitting a few minutes thinking couldn't solve, most txt files are highly intuitive. I could tell you what each column does and so on, but you could instead read the monstats2 fileguide which you probably didn't read.

Alright, what you wan't to do is simple. You want to use the rogue token and make it look like bloodraven. So you open up monstats.txt and look for blood raven. Ctrl+f raven, voilà. Now refer to column MonStatsEx, and, the ms2 of it is called 'bloodraven' as well. You could as well skip all this and directly open monstats2 and have guessed the Id was 'bloodraven' instead.

Now, there are columns like 'HD' and 'HDv'. The ones without v are booleans, and the ones with it are variables. Now just copy these codes (booleans and variables) of every bodypart on that monstats2 line to the line of your summon.

In most cases it's just a lot faster to clone the row on Monstats2 of bloodraven and adapt it to your summon instead.

Return to “Multimedia”