Keep Update 07/04/2007

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Keep Update 07/04/2007

Post by Nefarius » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:18 am

Two New Mods

Proteus_za released Beta 1 of the Rapid Progress mod this week. This mod focuses on removing the frustration factor from the gameplay and making it easier to obtain a high char level and good items by simply playing the game normally, rather then wasting precious hours on runs. If more information is the thing you seek before deciding whenever this is "your" mod, this thread will hopefully answer your queries. If you are just eager to try this new mod out, then what exactly are you still doing here reading this?

The second mod that got released this week is Onyx's You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me mod. This is a mod designed especially for April Fools day, in fact this mod from what I've read turned out like many old-school projects used to be, with lots of weird features as you can see for yourselves ;). If you'd rather wish to discover what this mod does on your own, you are strongly encouraged to do so :twisted:.

One Old-New Plugin

This plugin is both old and new at the same time, Myhrginoc added some spiffy extra functionality to Afj666 Extended Levels plugin (which SVR ported to D2Mod way-back-when), with this new version of the plugin you can add new leveltypes for your preset maps without having automap issues and unpredictable crashes. This plugin is for v1.10 using the D2Mod system. If you are more into v1.11b, fear not as it has already been ported to that version and will be released soon (hopefully).

One Dose Of Eyecandy

This week I re-discovered a screenshot of an old plugin that was lost in the streams of time. The plugin in question resurrected a monster of which Blizzard has only left us solely with two broken animations. And who knows, maybe I'll get around to releasing a newer version of this ;) --- anyway, enough of this, here is the screenshot :twisted:

And One Comeback

Oh, I know what you're thinking but nope! This week AdiTT made a comeback by cracking the jackpot of $21077 OT bucks, for the 25th time :!: Congratulations ;) --- Don't believe me? Then look for yourselves. Feel like challenging your own luck?, the best place to start is here and sign up for next weeks lotterey.
Last edited by Nefarius on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Technomage

Re: Keep Update 07/03/2007

Post by Technomage » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:55 am

Don't you mean 04/06/2007 in the title?

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: Keep Update 07/03/2007

Post by the_bogan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:55 am

Look at the date in your last message, and you should find the answer.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Keep Update 07/04/2007

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Nefarius uses dd/mm/yyyy convention. It's a little strange to Americans, but it is quite the rage in Europe. (The "03" was a typo, and now corrected.)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Technomage

Post by Technomage » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:12 am

The confusion was caused by the fact that all of the other titles are in mm/dd/yyyy format (including the ones by Nefarius).

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Myhrginoc";p="316783" wrote: Nefarius uses dd/mm/yyyy convention. It's a little strange to Americans, but it is quite the rage in Europe. (The "03" was a typo, and now corrected.)
Well, considering "Greenwich Mean Time" is the benchmark for all timing the World over I think our American cousins should convert to the correct format :mrgreen: .
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:13 am

Sort of like how we went metric? :P :roll: :mrgreen:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:14 am

I still use inches, feet, yards, miles and gallons but then, I was educated pre-metric and decimilisation and am older than just about everbody with a few notable exceptions. Where did you get those measurements from I wonder :roll: :o :mrgreen:
Last edited by Al-T on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Myhrginoc";p="317280" wrote:Sort of like how we went metric? :P :roll: :mrgreen:
We probably don't completely use metric is a French invention :twisted:

Its weird how some things are in metric, whilst others are not. We use metres and miles... wacky us!
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Return to “Keep Updates”