Breaking Immunities With Masteries In 1.13c

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

RyanFialcowitz
Paladin

Breaking Immunities With Masteries In 1.13c

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I've recently decided to retool my modifications for 1.13c, previously I used 1.11b- but since the newer version uses newer dynamic link libraries one of my changes no longer works.

I'm trying to make it so that Cold, Fire & Lightning Masteries (Which I have altered to all lower resistances to their respective elements.) can break immunities. I previously managed to accomplish this in 1.11b in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51936. But as stated I don't know what to change in 1.13c- anyone know? Thanks.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Breaking Immunities With Masteries In 1.13c

Post by Necrolis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 am

Code: Select all

D2GameBase @ 0x750000

original
0082B3E0                                                             |.  83FE 64                                               CMP ESI,64
0082B3E3                                                             |.  7C 07                                                 JL SHORT D2Game.0082B3EC

pierce for everything
0082B3E0                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E1                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E2                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E3                                                                 EB 07                                                 JMP SHORT D2Game.0082B3EC

pierce for players only
0082B3E0                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E1                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E2                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E3                                                                 90                                                    NOP
0082B3E4                                                                 90                                                    NOP
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

RyanFialcowitz
Paladin

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Thank you.

Edit
Apologies, but I'm having trouble locating 0082B3E0 & 0082B3E3. I know I need to convert them somehow. I tried as you suggested in the previous thread to subtract them from the base address, which I assume to be 750000 from your post, but it's not presenting any useable output- I need a number prefaced by 6FC or 6FD. . .

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

If you use ollydbg you can edit the physical file directly.

If you want to avoid that d2game.dll get it's original location in mem moved. You can download my rebased version of storm.dll here.

Storm.dll is to large to fit into it's original memory, so is take the mem d2game.dll is needed and d2game is moved into a location it fits into instead. That's kinda annoying then debugging e.tc.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 am

I'm making the edit on 1.13c and it seems to only work for cold pierce. What is wrong?

This is what I did:

Code: Select all

D2Game.dll 1.13c

0398B3E0	83FE 64 	CMP ESI,64
0398B3E3	7C 07		JL SHORT d2game.0398B3EC

To:

0398B3E0    90              NOP
0398B3E1    90              NOP
0398B3E2    90              NOP
0398B3E3    EB 07           JMP SHORT d2game.0398B3EC

RyanFialcowitz
Paladin

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 am

kidpaddle94" wrote:I'm making the edit on 1.13c and it seems to only work for cold pierce. What is wrong?
Of the masteries, Cold is the only one to lower an enemies resistance.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
Last edited by RyanFialcowitz on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:44 pm

ah okay, I misread, I thought it was the edits to enable the pierce stats to break immunities. Is this possible?

Another question. If I apply some piercing to the two other masteries, will this edit works??

RyanFialcowitz
Paladin

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm

kidpaddle94" wrote:ah okay, I misread, I thought it was the edits to enable the pierce stats to break immunities. Is this possible?

Another question. If I apply some piercing to the two other masteries, will this edit works??
This code edit, as far as I'm aware, will some skills that ordinarily couldn't break immunitities to do so. In the regular game, for some insane reason, Cold Mastery can lower an enemy's resistence to Cold- but only if that enemy is not immune. With this code edit, assuming your Cold Mastery skill is high enough, you will be to lower the enemy's resistence to the point where they can be damaged- although they will still be listed as immune. This code edit will also work with the other two masteries if you alter them to function like Cold Mastery.

Edit
I'm still having trouble locating the address' I need to change. Perhaps someone could explain how to find it or perhaps post a screenshot?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 pm

well, if someone has the edits to enable immunities breaking by the stats that you put on items, I would be interested. any version...

RyanFialcowitz
Paladin

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

kidpaddle94" wrote:well, if someone has the edits to enable immunities breaking by the stats that you put on items, I would be interested. any version...
I believe it affects the pierce modifier, but I lack the experience to say for sure. I am unaware if the items that lower resistance use this statistic or not.

I think I have found the correct addresses, for the life of my I can't understand why people don't post what you see in the program. . .

6FCFB3EO for CMP ESI,64

&

6FCFB3E3 for JL SHORT D2Game.0082B3EC

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:30 pm

well, I did the edit and tested. This seems to not affect the stats on items. That's why I posted here, I tested before ;)

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:48 pm

RyanFialcowitz" wrote: I think I have found the correct addresses, for the life of my I can't understand why people don't post what you see in the program. . .
I did, but my system gets lots of dll relocations, so the base addresses never match, which is why I post the base address for the session

to get the correct address you do:
virtual address - base load address = RVA
then do:
proffered base laod address + RVA = preferred virtual address
kidpaddle94" wrote:well, if someone has the edits to enable immunities breaking by the stats that you put on items, I would be interested. any version...
kidpaddle94" wrote:well, I did the edit and tested. This seems to not affect the stats on items. That's why I posted here, I tested before ;)
this is the edit, but make sure your not editing the non-inline variant, else it won't do squat. also, iirc one of the set of item stats is the incorrect placeholder, so only one set is used by the game (which I'll check up on later)
Last edited by Necrolis on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 pm

yes I forgot there are two types of pierce. I tested with Hero editor and used the same group for the four pierces, I will test with the other one. ^^

edit: worked with the passive pierce stats. If it worked it's because I had level 99 cold mastery which has the passive pierce stat. That's why it only worked for cold. thank you Necrolis.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 am

This is an interesting route to take...
I took a much easier one on my mod...
Monstats - anything over 100% becomes 95% immune instead
Skills - reduce all reduction agents (lower res..etc)
Good luck :D

Sammy

Post by Sammy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread on the exact same topic so ill ask it here. I think this change makes it so both items and masteries can break immunities.

But when they do, do they work at 20% of normal for breaking immunities and once an immunity is broken just like infinity does?

Normally they work at 100% once an immunity is broken which is why I ask

Return to “Code Editing”