Need help for building a "SIN" language pack

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

Nagahaku
Paladin

Need help for building a "SIN" language pack

Post by Nagahaku » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:35 am

Hi, I'm trying to make a simplified chinese language pack with the "SIN" slot, and got a big trouble on that...
It seems clear that "SIN" is for another type of chinese language, because it's matching with "CHI" fonts by default.
I have put the "SIN" strings, UI, fonts into proper folders, and switch language to "SIN" by changing "use" value, run the game, then I found that only the strings and UI for "SIN" are correctly loaded, yet the fonts are still using "CHI", so perhaps the "SIN" slot is bugged...
Then i tried another way, switch language to "SIN" with PlugY, and everthing is the same as before, only strings and UI are matched with "SIN", fonts are still "CHI"
Finnally I tried to use some other language slots instead of "SIN", I tried Japanese first, put the strings, UI, fonts into JPN Folder, and got a success.
So i'm almost sure that there 's some kind of bug with "SIN" slot, and maybe it's within d2lang.dll or some other dlls... is there anyway to fix that by code editing?

ichunchunz
China

Re: Need help for building a "SIN" language pack

Post by ichunchunz » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:15 am

WHEN I CLICK THE OPTION ,IT WILL CRASH....

Return to “Code Editing”