Roof Question

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Roof Question

Post by Trevor » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:03 am

I am redo-ing the secret cow level and I have copied and pasted various cottages from the random cottage maps into my cow level. I copied all the tiles - including the blue/green ones.

When I first spawned the map, the roofs wouldnt disappear when I entered the cottage. I remembered in LvlPreset that I needed to set the pops and poppad values to those of the cottages namely 2 and -4 respectively. Now when I come near the cottages, the roof is always off (which is better but...)

It's not a major issue but if I can make it work correctly, I would like to. Any ideas why the roofs wont work correctly?

Thank you in advance.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Roof Question

Post by onyx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 am

I don't think anyone ever managed to make two or more cottages in the same .ds1 with proper roof. I think I was successful back in the day to make the roofs of multiple cottages disappear together when you enter a cottage, but it has been so long since then that I don't remember how or even if I did it.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm

The removal of roof is using the same special tile normally and then you use the same special tile it will draw from point x1/x2 to y1/y2 to remove the roof. It's possible to get it remove both roof (but can be abit tricky). But, in the way code is written it's not possible remove them individual by using same special tile.

justin3009
Paladin
United States of America

Post by justin3009 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 pm

That's sort of how the new town design was setup for us. You enter 1 house, all roofs on all houses in the town disappeared. It's really annoying and not really fixable, but it's better the nothing.

Grimz

Post by Grimz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Does anyone know if its possible to patch to remove the roofs off completely?
I'm just wondering.

Return to “Map Editing”