Trap door for The Secret Cow Level - 1.13 - mod

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Fogeeno
Paladin

Trap door for The Secret Cow Level - 1.13 - mod

Post by Fogeeno » Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm

In my mod im trying to create cow level for trap door, but somehow it won't work at all. I have followed this guide: http://paul.siramy.free.fr/_divers/ds1/ ... index.html

I get the trap door to show up in the act 1, but then I cannot open it. What shall I do to get it to work? I have looked through the levels.txt file some times now, but cannot get it to work.

Is it because of cow level?

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Re: Trap door for The Secret Cow Level - 1.13 - mod

Post by Paul Siramy » Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm

The tutorial stoped working from a certain patch. I think it'll work as expected with the 1.10 patch, but I'm not sure with the next patch. I'm sure it don't works with the current patch at least.

It's because using in an Act an object of a later Act is not suported by the game normaly, the editor does some trick in the map to make it works. However this trick stoped working as I mentioned.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 am

Paul Siramy" wrote:It's because using in an Act an object of a later Act is not suported by the game normaly, the editor does some trick in the map to make it works. However this trick stoped working as I mentioned.
Actually, that's what I thought after Volf mentioned this problem some time ago. But recently, I did some work with OperateFn for my mod. Since I haven't ported extended objects to 1.13c yet, I had to use the unused stone.

For reasons I didn't understand, my operateFn didn't want to work, no matter what.
I ended up testing the OperateFn, with the exact same settings, but using the line of Wirt's body. And my code was executing perfectly.

I didn't look in what's causing that exactly yet, but it could be an hardcoded case related to this precise object Id. :-|

Fogeeno
Paladin

Post by Fogeeno » Tue May 14, 2013 4:19 pm

kidpaddle94" wrote:
Paul Siramy" wrote:It's because using in an Act an object of a later Act is not suported by the game normaly, the editor does some trick in the map to make it works. However this trick stoped working as I mentioned.
Actually, that's what I thought after Volf mentioned this problem some time ago. But recently, I did some work with OperateFn for my mod. Since I haven't ported extended objects to 1.13c yet, I had to use the unused stone.

For reasons I didn't understand, my operateFn didn't want to work, no matter what.
I ended up testing the OperateFn, with the exact same settings, but using the line of Wirt's body. And my code was executing perfectly.

I didn't look in what's causing that exactly yet, but it could be an hardcoded case related to this precise object Id. :-|
How did you change to this one? I tried follow this guide and changed to Wirt's body, it still give me error. Can I try your settings for it?

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Fogeeno" wrote:
kidpaddle94" wrote:

How did you change to this one? I tried follow this guide and changed to Wirt's body, it still give me error. Can I try your settings for it?
I wasn't working on the same thing, so giving you my setup wouldn't work.
I was just pointing out that this object line (the unused stone) seems to have a problem with OperateFn in general.
See the objects.txt file guide if you don't know about the OperateFn

And, coincidence maybe, but the actual door opening part of the trap door is controlled by the OperateFn, so that somehow confirms my theory

That is, just follow the tutorial as is, but using the body wirt's line in place of the unused stone, in objects.txt
You will also want to remove the body from Tristram

Return to “Map Editing”