Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/25/2006 - B3.5

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 3/19/04

Post by Adhin » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:45 pm

Yes it is, each 'beta' file ill be releasing is the INTIRE thing up to that point. And then i make fixes for the spesific betas. So you could either install Beta 2 OVER your original one or just get rid of B1 and install B2 freshly, either way it'll work.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/14/05 - BETA 3

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:55 am

Bug report for beta 3:

"S" spell selection doesn't work.

It crash (tested with both Templar and Zrathli):
Assertion Failure
Expression : ValidCelContext( pCelContext )
10:46:21.890 Stack bytes:
EDIT:

It was an install error from my side (it's fully working now). Didn't know you needed -txt. So, used wrong script to launch first :)

EDIT2:

Zrathri only items still have "Assassin Only" in display
Last edited by kingpin on Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:18 pm

I have found a kinda weird error. My rouge merc seems to be invisible most of the time and she doesnt seem to move much.
You probably know this one allready but the templar and zrathli's skill tabs are blank.
Also when using the necro's zombie skill the text under the zombie icon in the top right corner says revive.
I think you have done a really good job with Blackened. Keep up the good work.

-Gotler
Gotler by name, Gotler by profession
"ACTION PACKED PEE WEE" Casper Cristensen
"Sad.... but funny" Pim de Keysergrat

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:20 pm

Some more reports for beta3:

crash at startup (assertion error as below):
15:08:07.796 ***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)
15:08:07.796 Fault address: 0172794B 01:0002694B E:\Games\Diablo II\D2Common.dll
15:08:07.796 eax:03363010 ebx:0004abd0 ecx:00002e7c edx:0000ffff esi:00000000
15:08:07.796 edi:004cfd60 ebp:ffff2e7c esp:0012db2c eip:0172794b flg:00010216
15:08:07.796 cs:001b ds:0023 es:0023 ss:0023 fs:003b gs:0000
15:08:07.796 Stack bytes:
This error is because of bad chain.

You have in log what chains are bad.
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'diabloclone' (333) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass chain -- unexpected baseid for monster 'fenris' (421)
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass chain -- unexpected baseid for monster 'fenris' (421)
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'cryptfiend' (708) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'batfamilier' (709) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'moonblade' (713) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'shadow5' (718) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass monster 'shadow6' (719) not found in chain
15:08:07.796 BaseId/NextInClass chain -- unexpected baseid for monster '???' (15548)

Last thing is related to Bonebox. I got this one dropped in Crypt. The weird is that it have levelreq 200 (what maxlevel does this mod have?) ;)

Akara sells also boxes with levelreq 200.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:57 pm

Ahh Thanks king! was wondering why it kept crashing sometimes befor load screens (hope this solves that). Really was starting to get to me...anyways about them boneboxes. I used to have it so they just couldn't be 'equiped' however it turns out if something can't be equipped, then an iron golem is incapable of using it (as it forces him to ware the item). Basicly 'Bone Box' is the only item you can use to raise the 'Bone Guardian', its a necromancer class skill. So I basicly made it wareable on the torso and gave it lvl 200 so no one could put it on. Still works for Summoning up the Bone Guardian though :mrgreen:

-edit-
Ahh yeah gotler, I know. if your Rogues going 'see through' you have 'Moon Bow' Merc. She has a self buff which causes her to become ethereal, it lower physical dmg but makes her weak to magic (magic damage, not elemental). She also has a 'moon arrow' attack which hits things in a radius upon impact AND does double damage to undead. Though 'shes not moving much' they never ran around like crazies but unless she never follows you or doesnt attack? If shes shooting stuff and follows you, then shes fine :)

And I just fixed the Zombie name, doing pet icons i was missing, fixed up some pettypes and so forth. Ill have a fix out for download in about 30 minutes.

Ahh right and the Skill Tabs. I need to find a new Font and redo 'everyones' skill tabs. I lost the Font I was using when I re-installed windows :(
Last edited by Adhin on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/16/2005 - B3

Post by kingpin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:11 am

A suggestion for bonebox to avoid confusion.

Add a spelldesc description to it: write something's like Used for Necromancer Bone Guardian skill

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:16 am

Yeah im gonna put some simple text on the bone box its self. And theres already text on the skill its self saying it requires the bone box.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:40 am

the new skilldesc.txt in the beta3_fix screws up the paladin skill names. Many have the same name/description and almost all of them have the wrong name/description. Using the original b3 skilldesc fixes this, so i imagine you probably just made some typos.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:57 am

hmmm....ill look into that, there shouldn't even BE a skilldesc.txt IN the fix. I didn't alter anything in it, must be a remanent from my pre-public release.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:51 am

there is definately something wrong with the rogue mercs. i dont know what kind i have because its the quest reward one but i'm getting the same thing as gotler. The merc is fine until i come across some enemies. At that point she dissappears leaving an area of light where her icon is on the automap. She doesnt move after that nor does she fight or do anything useful. I tried targeting unsummon around the spot where she was supposed to be according to the automap, but nothing showed up. I would assume it has something to do with a skill she uses, and one that has a duration because after a while she appears again and starts moving.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:04 am

Yeah, i believe i know the issue. Befor the release i was using a custom graphic (which sucked and had some major issues). The thing was this graphic had a 'cast' animation. I don't think the Rogues do, pretty sure its just Attack1/2 and 'maybe' S1. So basicly ill be putting out a fix bit later today so they no longer attempte to use an animation they don't have.

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:38 am

Finally, B3 :)
Anyway, one request: I have just reached lvl 18, and can finally enjoy my Flame Strike. However, it would be a much more usefull skill if you could use it as your primary attack, because now you can't cast it with an aura active, which is a shame.
Other than that, the animation looks AWESOME!! 8-O

Farseer Ulthrion

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:10 pm

Yeah no major spells like that will ever be 'left clickers'. Balance issues, besides if you can switch skills quickly, you could toss one up and switch to anoher skill with little trouble. AND if I let you use it as left click (here comes 1 major balance issue) a paladin could max med and have huge mana regen on 24/7 while throwing out flamers left and right...hehe so sorry to say but thats gonna have to be a no. Hope you enjoy Hammer of the Gods though too, not as flashy but sure is nifty! :mrgreen:

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:36 pm

I think there is a slight problem with the zeal skill. It seems that it's only available for swords(I haven't tried out all weapons) but that isn't in the skill description. As I said a slight problem but why not make it perfect?
Btw. Tristram is evil... Those skellies are damn hard.

-Gotler.
Gotler by name, Gotler by profession
"ACTION PACKED PEE WEE" Casper Cristensen
"Sad.... but funny" Pim de Keysergrat

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:24 pm

Ahh there 'exact' same summons as original D2, just more HP. I re-did the global HP tables for monsters to 'try' and give a half-ass balance attempte befor i really redo all monsters. And yes, Zeal is Sword only (hense the picture). Demon Cleave is Axe/Polearm, and Fend Undead is Mace/Scepter/Hammer, can't even be used with Clubs. There Fighting styles, i don't know anyone whos able to take a huge war hammer and zip it around a million times per minute...plus this is based off Prestige class style stuff for Paladins in DnD. They usually have some sort of 'Favored Weapon' for there evil pray. Zeal/Sword/Mage killing is just more of the generalized Paladin guy. Demon and Undead being more specialized. But on the plus side the 3 passives work 24/7 reguardless of weapon choice or skill used. Ill put in 'requires sword/mace/whatever' into the descriptions in the next fix (not todays, already did todays). And glad you like Tristam hehe, a little pocket plane of Baator SHOULD be evil, yar!! you find worts corpse yet? :twisted:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/21/2005 - B3

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:07 pm

Another bugreport for beta 3 (with latest fix):

for Zrathli orbs skill:

You can summon 2 fire/lightning orbs if you have both fire and orb skill. Is this intended? I thought you only was able to summon one of each type :)

KaiKou

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/21/2005 - B3

Post by KaiKou » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:28 pm

Another Zrathi bug: The demon summons are both req lvl 1, so on lvl 30 you can boost them up to slvl 20 if you have spared the skills for it :-|

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:15 am

OPSY! Well ill be getting a fix out later today, ill get the readouts on Kings issue (which isnt a bug) and the level 1 thing hah...Man sometimes i make some pretty stupid mistakes.

KaiKou

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/24/2005 - B3

Post by KaiKou » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:25 pm

Now with blage o... err, miasmatic blight being passive, chaos orb also gets the damage, is this intentional, since CO could well enough become the mightiest of spells?

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:50 pm

CO has always gained 100% full bonuses of your melee damage. Infact if you used Ether Enchant and Blade of Blight as I had it befor the passive, the bonuses carried over while the swirly orbs where on. Orb is one of them spells that has the ability to BECOME very powerful but takes really good items and alot of patients in getting it there. Its the slower path but it doesnt disapoint heh.

TheNullVoid

Post by TheNullVoid » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:24 am

I'm not entirely sure, but miasmic blight doesnt seem to be adding to my damage. I mean, it shows up on the character sheet, but nothing is actually getting poisoned.

wussabi

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 12/11/2005 - B3.

Post by wussabi » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:27 pm

Zrathri

1) Not sure if it's a bug or a feature but..
The increase in damage (100~300%) from the Ki Charge affects the damage of Rapid Kick

2) Also, not a bug but a suggestion. The lvl 1 Hellfire skill seems too strong for a beginner skill. It can pretty much wipe out a whole mob of monsters with one cast of Hellfire.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:03 pm

Rapid Kick is a finisher so it is supposed to gain the damage.

Hellfire is strong simply because it does damage over time.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

nightfall

Re: Current Version, and fix updates - edit 2/25/2006 - B3.5

Post by nightfall » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Seems like I was once registered here... didn't know it.

At any rate, I recently downloaded the mod and I am enjoying my Elemental druid immensly (though he is a mere lv 13).

One issue I am encountering however is repeatative "access violation 00005" whenever I want to re-enter the saved game with the same character. Even reseting the pc didn't help, until suddenly it did allow me to play... it's slightly unstable.

I also think that the call upon lightning visual is a bit... too large and cartoonish, I would suggest the animation from baldur's gate perhaps?

Also... the descriptions of the skills could use some tweaking, but since I enjoy this mod I wouldn't mind editing and helping out with them. I tried to send an email but sadly Gmail wasn't able to contact the address you left at the "features" page in the site- I can't program, but I am willing to help if I can.

anyways, it's fun, but I have lots more to go through.

cheers.
those are brave men...
let's go kill'em...
-tyrion of house lannister (the 'imp')

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:43 pm

That errors been fixed in B4. The problem with that irritating crash was it wasnt caused by anyone specific thing. There was just enough small little issues (that didn't cause problems in game) that made the game kinda spazz out on loading the bin/txt files it would randomly crash.

Eh as for that Lightning effect im not changing it and its from IWD2. The one from any other game looks more cartoon-ish then that one. the ones from BG doesnt really look like a single lightning strike and stays there for a bit just wiggling around. PST's stays on the screen much longer then the one im using so its less of a flash. Sorry but thats staying.

Skill descriptions? meh im not a writing, don't pretend to be. And for some reason Gamespy got rid of my email address with out telling me, or with out giving a reason as to WHY. I'll have to put up my normal email on the site later. If you really felt like helping you should be trying to catch me on IRC anyways insted of dealing with Emails. I'd never work through Emails with anyone.

Return to “Blackened”