Character Builds

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Skilled n00b

Re: Character Builds

Post by Skilled n00b » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:50 am

Name: Nemesis
Class: Necromancer
Build : Bones of Doom
Current Level: 100

Skills:

Doom :__________________________20
Circle of Bones:___________________20
Aura of Insanity:__________________20
Shards of Bone:___________________20
Spell focus: Spell Focus: Necromancy:__20

This is the basis if the my build :

Positive things: you kill fast and survive almost everything, the mobs attack one and other while u cast Shards of Bone on them, Doom is good for bosses and creatures that is not effected by Aura of Insanity and Circle of Bone protect you from physical damage.

Negative things: you will never be able to kill "immune to magic" mobs like the second spawn from bale you have to let you’re pet or mercenary kill them for you. (it takes a looong time for them to kill mobs so I recommend "prevent monsters from heal" things on you or you’re mercenary.)

Notes: You will die often if you don’t have a lot of hp so put about 3-5 points in vitality per lvl.
Special mobs don’t get affected by the Aura of Insanity so you have to be careful with them, use Doom on them and never let them get near you. The fire enchanted mobs will kill you if you’re close to them when they die , no matter what hp you have and in act 3 there is mobs named “Undead Stygian Doll” if they die beside you, you will die too.
It will be hard in the beginning until you get Shards of Bone, but after that you should be fine.
Use you’re points wisely this build needs 100 points to be as good as possible.

Tip: for high lvl Necromancers save an 3 slotted chest armour and try to grind until you get the runes : Jah + Ith + Ber, which is the rune word for Enigma.
Warning: takes a long time, they drop rarely but the final armour is worth it believe me!
Enigma will give u the following:
+2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport <--------------//EDITED//--I have just got this armor and it GIVES u the abilety Dimentional dor (x teleport), this armor realy pwn
+757 Defense
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +1-90 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-120% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

An alternative to enigma is Chains of Honor : Dol + Um + Ber + Ist
Last edited by Skilled n00b on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-= Imperios =-

//----------disclaimer: for informational purposes only---------\\
\\-.Nemesis lvl 103.-(the third lvl 100+ named Nemesis XP)-//

nightfall

Post by nightfall » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:56 am

working on an elemental druid, level 20 currently. I am keeping all of my skills at lv 1 which isn't that much fun but it is possible. I hope to be able to get to level 30 before deciding which spells I should go for.

call upon lightning is nothing short of amazing, though slightly problematic when you wish to target a single critter... also, moonbeams(that moonlight ray wall thingy) doesn't seem to do any damage to some bosses like the smith and Radament...other then that, it seems a more solid way to keep the pressure on a single entity.

I am still waiting to see fire seeds though... and then I will try and come up with a build.

I think that not investing points... at least 1 in each summon is a mistake... you would need the meatshield.

if anyone else has made one, tips would be appriciated.
those are brave men...
let's go kill'em...
-tyrion of house lannister (the 'imp')

nightfall

Post by nightfall » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:19 pm

Just a short update on my druid. He is doing horribly well... Fire seeds and that last thorn spell are -very- effective. I am cruising through nightmare currently... and I have no +skill items- but things are still very easy to deal with. overpowered? yes, possibly. You see I maxed Druidisim(should be called Druidry I think) and seeds do about 3k damage per spammable cast at level 14. Thorns...4k or so, but 45% of it is poison.

All in all, it's fun... perhaps I will encounter a greater resistence in hell diff.
those are brave men...
let's go kill'em...
-tyrion of house lannister (the 'imp')

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:07 am

Druidry isnt a word.

Druidism:
–noun
the religion or rites of the Druids.
Druid, Druidic, Druidism

Sorry but I prefer Druidism in sound and the fact it means something.

-edit-
Aah probably should also say something on difficulty in B3 heh. Its um..well its just not very hard as you've probably noticed. I had a goal in mind for each skill and I was going to increase monsters in B5 to match what I had in place. And that basically ment the mobs in D2 where to weak to handle the new player stuff.

B4's a tad diffirent, I like the difficulty. Though B5 probably be a tad harder, what with all the new monsters that will be in place. Anyways hopefully life will be tad less boring in B4 for everyone compared to B3.5.
Last edited by Adhin on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

WhiteRhymes

Post by WhiteRhymes » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:40 pm

currently i am playing a druid

blackened version: B4

name: Idyll
Race: Human
Lvl: 12

i have a few skill points to put n still as i have only put one point n the absorb armor skill, sunscorch and wall of moonlight.

i can single handedly take on 8 player games alone. i boosted magic up to 44 when i first started and vinewhips is GODLY. i think its overpowered since it traps and deals dmg(the dmg is great aswell right now.. well see how things go as i get further). While monsters are trapped in my vines of doom i cast the moon wall on them and they can do nothing more then sit in the light taking the dmg from both the vines and the wall this strat makes me a god! specially since while things r trapped and dieing i turn into a tree and recover what bit of life i have lost.

i also have made two runewords for helmets. 'ice' and 'tranquility'. tranquility is AWSOME!

will post more later :)
Blackened Stuffs:
Forums|Hamachi Servers!

Return to “Blackened”