How's the new version coming?

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

No votes

Total votes: 0

LordTemjin
Paladin

How's the new version coming?

Post by LordTemjin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:44 am

I love this mod to pieces, but without any real person to play with im losing interest. (Getting me to even play this to act 3 on single player is saying alot, i hate single player diablo2 :) )

So when's the next version with some more classes?
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: How's the new version coming?

Post by Adhin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:19 pm

sorry to say but i have absolutly no idea heh. rav3n and I are going to need to talk a bit more. Though to me the more i think about it the more i start to think we will probly want to release Beta 2 with just sorc/druid/barb, and get Zon/Pal/Ass in more of a beta 2.5 type thing. However this more or less souly rides on what rav3n thinks out of his work his work, could be split up into a split sort of release. In the end it boils down to 2 things - i have no idea, and 'when its done' :twisted:
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Fatecaller

Post by Fatecaller » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:25 pm

Though to me the more i think about it the more i start to think we will probly want to release Beta 2 with just sorc/druid/barb, and get Zon/Pal/Ass in more of a beta 2.5 type thing.
That sounds perfect.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:57 am

I second that notion!
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:28 pm

Well, Adhin, just remember: try not to stop modding a project, even if its for a little while...there's a chance you might lose interest :) Keep on going with all the characters! :D

Btw: It happened to me. Im an item / cube modder, and some guy i met here (who was really cool) we were gonna make a vast mod with almost 200 new cube recipes, TONS of items, change the maps big time...etc

yeah...only problem was, we were waiting for 1.10, and it didn't come as soon as we thought...so I lost interest since i wasnt modding. :\

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:00 am

Its no risk that Adhin would stop this promising mod, we have just to wait for his second release :)

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:37 am

Heh you need not worry to much Temjin my working habbits are vastly diffirent then what your probly used to. I tend to gain more motivation the less I work oddly enough. I think its because when im working ideas and such don't come quite as quickly as when im just doing absolutly nothing at all (which is half the reason i sometimes can't get to sleep).
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Fatecaller

Post by Fatecaller » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:11 am

I know exactly how you feel. I've been working on a AOL/AIM chat-based RPG since '98 lol. I'm on the 14th version of the mechanics and the 7th storyline. I get great ideas (or so they seem at the time) when I'm not working on it, but once I sit down to type it out, it all kinda fades and I lose interest.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:52 am

you people aren't human!

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:30 pm

No, we're more than human...
Cripes, the same thing happens to me. Whenever I try to think of something, I can't, but then when I'm doing nothing, BAM! pops an idea. I also sometimes think of stuff when I'm in the bathroom too. :onfire: I am also a very poor sleeper so that's when I think up stuff too. Sometimes when I'm in class even something will pop into my head and I'll end up ignoring the teacher cause im too busy thinking about my new idea.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:15 am

you know, we all need to get together and play some tcp blackened ;)

but I have a problem with irc.gamesnet.net, and that is that the server is unstable and not often up.

I have a proposal, and that is to move it to irc.edgeirc.net This server is hosted by a few people i know and its is very stable and hardly down. Also runs smoothly.

I wont make a channel or anything until you give me the ok or anything. So its really up to you guys. but gamesnet just isnt a very good irc network.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:48 am

LordTemjin";p="145696" wrote:but I have a problem with irc.gamesnet.net, and that is that the server is unstable and not often up.
... I dont think it has once went down the entire time I've been on it. Besides, everyone who goes on IRC already goes to the Keep on there anyway.

Best to keep us all in one place.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:57 pm

Gamesnet are one of the most stable i have been on and then i have been on a lot different server systems (like Efnet, Dalnet, Undernet, Newsnet and so on).

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:12 pm

I often don't have trouble wih my connection unless the whole service is down (bad storms, etc) and a few days ago, it was down. It came up again, for awhile, then it went down again. The next day, it did the same thing for me again, and the next day it was down the whole day.

Im not sure if they did some sort of maintenance, but im quite sure its not from my end.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:57 pm

What program are you using to connect it with mirc, the web irc client or somethings else?

Return to “Blackened”