1.08 bug reports

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

deranged128

Re: 1.08 bug reports

Post by deranged128 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:24 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I was wondering whether the auras that are gained from souls are really doing what they are meant to.

I have a clvl 139 Cold/Lightning sorc doing cow level in Nightmare. The Cow King invariably spawns with both Lightning and Cold immunities and in an attempt to overcome these I used an Izual (NT) soul with level 5 conviction.

According to the Arreat Summit that level aura will drop enemy defense by 70% and lower resists by 50% as well as removing any immunities.

The result though was that neither my cold or lightning based skills were able to make a dent (lvl 34 FO with lvl 29 CM) and had to change to a fire based attack (from the Lord Baal armour) to finally put him away while my Fallen Angel pinned him down.

It appears to me that 'conviction' in this case did not do as it is meant to and could be a bug. Can someone confirm or refute this?

EDIT: A second possible bug to report.

I know that a bug with Master Archer was fixed in 1.08 to take it's increased damage away from non bow-class weapons. I have been adding points to Master Archer but when I do so, there is no increase in damage for my zon. I tested this with a Windforce Bow and the Impact Splatter Railgun. Neither showed an increase after allocating additional points to Master Archer. Is this a bug?
Last edited by deranged128 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:26 am

theonlymoose";p="227188" wrote:
deranged128";p="227180" wrote:This is running on an A64 3200+ with FX5200 vid card, which should be able to handle it.
How much video memory do you have and how much physical RAM do you have?
Running 128 MB of ram on the vid card and 512 MB ram on the system (Win XP Pro SP2)

dbzlotrfan
Paladin

Post by dbzlotrfan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:00 am

assetion failur
Expression: ptFgxNode->tGfxBlock.lpAsyncData

just got that doing a normal kag run with a some 500 lvl paladin (I can do a lot of damage/have alot of defense but I needed a soul).

erk

Post by erk » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:00 pm

I have been trying to craft the Shield of Faith from the Armor Of God set from an ancient shield, every time I just get a magiic ancient shield not even a rare let alone a set item. My character doingthe crafting is level 366 whihc is more than enough. The other items in that set I have tried to craft worked fine.

BTW. Can we have some sockets on the Armor Of God set? The sword needs a lot more durabiltiy too, the Zeal skill trashes it in not time.
Last edited by erk on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erk

One monster left in the Den.

Post by erk » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:16 pm

About half the time I am getting "one monster left" in te Den of Evil quest, when there isn't one. I can spent 15min running around looking and I am sure there is not one left. This seems to have started when the golblins were inroduced to the Den.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:18 pm

erk";p="227670" wrote: I have been trying to craft the Shield of Faith from the Armor Of God set from an ancient shield, every time I just get a magiic ancient shield not even a rare let alone a set item. My character doingthe crafting is level 366 whihc is more than enough. The other items in that set I have tried to craft worked fine.

BTW. Can we have some sockets on the Armor Of God set? The sword needs a lot more durabiltiy too, the Zeal skill trashes it in not time.
The shield is a Kurast Shield; new sets.txt gives the wrong base item. Durability on the sword is up. I'm experimenting with packing together properties to reduce the number of lines displayed on some sets. So far, I've got a "all max resistances" to work for max fire, cold, lightning, and poison res (assuming all the values are the same), so that'll help a few sets (Savior being one); helps the display for Diamonds too :) . But how much I can get working will determine what I can add to the existing ones.

erk";p="227679" wrote: About half the time I am getting "one monster left" in te Den of Evil quest, when there isn't one. I can spent 15min running around looking and I am sure there is not one left. This seems to have started when the golblins were inroduced to the Den.
I've had that occur once. I don't know what causes it :(

Venom takes down my asassins damage instead of increasing it
That may just be a display error (not sure) but it occurs in part because venom's poison length overrides that of other poison damage items/skills. I've changed it (adds rather than replaces), so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.
Not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but the Druid Elemental Master only seems to do about a tenth of what the Sorc's Masteries do. Like only 3% peirce at level 10, and 5 points /level to get there without +skill items, so after pouring 50 porints into it you get a mere 3%.
It's a feature, but I increased its rate of growth. Since it increases piercing to all elemental attacks, it gets a lower boost per level than the one the Sorceress gets for each individual mastery.
about the andariel thing : it s well known bug, she gives QUEST REWARDS every time you kill her if you do play on and travel to act 2 right away after killing her ( which, i assume, most do ). same goes for duriel i ve heared, but noone runs him in normal diablo since his drops are too poor ( in normal diablo NM andariel has best chances to drop soj's and that s where the bug is abused mostly )
Can anyone confirm that Duriel has this problem too (I haven't noticed this during subsequent kills)?
also, in my tcp ip game whit a friend, when we both made new chars, and tried to put together the amu parts in the cube, our games crashed, however we could do it in single player games
I hear this reported from time to time, but I don't know the source problem. My best advice is to make the amulet in single player and join up afterwards.
also, prolly not a bug, but still : if one of the minions pf my summoner or a fireball of my friends sorc kill a enemy it dosnt count on our amu's ? i assume only direkt kills whit weapons count ?
It's only certain types of kills. The readme refers to it, but a longer description can be found on the Nez website:
http://nez.game-host.org/souls.php

I have a clvl 139 Cold/Lightning sorc doing cow level in Nightmare. The Cow King invariably spawns with both Lightning and Cold immunities and in an attempt to overcome these I used an Izual (NT) soul with level 5 conviction.

According to the Arreat Summit that level aura will drop enemy defense by 70% and lower resists by 50% as well as removing any immunities.

The result though was that neither my cold or lightning based skills were able to make a dent (lvl 34 FO with lvl 29 CM) and had to change to a fire based attack (from the Lord Baal armour) to finally put him away while my Fallen Angel pinned him down.

It appears to me that 'conviction' in this case did not do as it is meant to and could be a bug. Can someone confirm or refute this?
It's not a bug. Immunity to an element only requires a monster to have a resistance >= 100. Conviction can break the immunity if it drops the resistance below 100, but some monsters have it much, much higher. Lighting res for the Hell Bovines in Hell of Nez is 280%.
I know that a bug with Master Archer was fixed in 1.08 to take it's increased damage away from non bow-class weapons. I have been adding points to Master Archer but when I do so, there is no increase in damage for my zon. I tested this with a Windforce Bow and the Impact Splatter Railgun. Neither showed an increase after allocating additional points to Master Archer. Is this a bug?
Master Archer only affects bow skills. It doesn't affect standard attacks using a bow weapon (it's really just a synergy skill that also adds bonuses if you get skill levels from equipment).
Last edited by Acromatic Aria on Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chittick

Post by chittick » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:24 pm

about the andariel thing : it s well known bug, she gives QUEST REWARDS every time you kill her if you do play on and travel to act 2 right away after killing her ( which, i assume, most do ). same goes for duriel i ve heared, but noone runs him in normal diablo since his drops are too poor ( in normal diablo NM andariel has best chances to drop soj's and that s where the bug is abused mostly )
Can anyone confirm that Duriel has this problem too (I haven't noticed this during subsequent kills)?
I never even got a book of skill from Duriel the first time, if that is what we are talking about.

another small bug i noticed, the asassin's death master skills shows a huge damage boost, (way more than it is supposed to be) when you put points in it, but when you restart the game your damage is fixed and only boosted by what it was supposed to.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:28 am

never even got a book of skill from Duriel the first time, if that is what we are talking about.
Yeah, in the current release Duriel isn't dropping the book in Normal (should still drop in Nightmare and Hell though). What I mean is does Duriel drop a book (in any difficulty) if you go back and kill him again?

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:45 am

Tested in Normal and Nightmare, Durial does NOT drop a book if you kill him second, third etc times !! Can also confirm he does drop the book in Nightmare the first time, and not in Normal, ever.

Bugs I have found:
Playing Amazon Level 150:

Master Archer Skill does not improve Strafe although it says it does! The damage % Strafe lists on the Skill screen DOES go up, but the actual damage listed on the character screen does not. (Also curious why Master Archer has not been added to Multi shot ?)

Wearing Unique Laconium Boots (Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner) but I do not get the Vigor skill on my list of skills ?

Cheers AA, this is still the best Mod I've ever played !!

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:57 am

Tested in Normal and Nightmare, Durial does NOT drop a book if you kill him second, third etc times !! Can also confirm he does drop the book in Nightmare the first time, and not in Normal, ever.
Cool. I got the Normal drop bug fixed recently, so he should be good for the next version :)
Master Archer Skill does not improve Strafe although it says it does! The damage % Strafe lists on the Skill screen DOES go up, but the actual damage listed on the character screen does not. (Also curious why Master Archer has not been added to Multi shot ?)
The display on it is incorrect (just checked the description file), but it should still increase the actual damage. There's no bonus to multi shot because there's no damage bonus from mutil-shot that I can add to. I'll probably have to find something else for it to help (if anything can be done).
Wearing Unique Laconium Boots (Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner) but I do not get the Vigor skill on my list of skills ?
I'm not sure about this one. Are any of your skill rows full (when you select a right click skill)?

erk

Post by erk » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:19 am

Would it be possible to star a new character with a complete medallion instead of the two shards, to avoid the crash that can happen when you cube the two shards?

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:18 am

Are any of your skill rows full (when you select a right click skill)
Nope, only have skill points allocated to Multi, Guided, Strafe, and Freezing arrow, plus Valkyrie.

From top to bottom, in each row there are 3, 2, 1, 5, 3 skill icons on the right click.

Of possible interest, I picked up the Bunny Shoes which also have Vigor, which shows as 1/1 charges of Vigor level 2. The Long distance Runners only show +8 to Vigor, no charges. The Bunny shoes work ok, the icon appears correctly, and acts like an aura as appropriately ! The charge can't be used, it appears to be permanent ? Perhaps the Long Distance Runners Vigor addition only works for Paladins now ??

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:25 am

Just to clarify about the Strafe/Master Archer synergy, when you say :
The display on it is incorrect (just checked the description file), but it should still increase the actual damage.
Does this mean my character screen is showing an incorrect, lower damage value, than the damage I am actually doing when using Strafe ?

If so, that's cool, although makes it hard to judge how effective adding points to Master Archer is, relative to adding points to Strafe.

erk

Post by erk » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:41 pm

The Jorrens Reach Mancatcher (Hell) has too many attributes when the full set is used.
The stats do not display and if you socket it, the attribute that says it has a socket is enough to cause diablo to crash.

Also the gloves in the Arcomatic Aria set have the same problem, they cause a crash when the set is complete.

Also also the Sword in the Armour of God set, I put a socket and a Zod in it, and now diablo crashes from the single extra attribute. It was fine until I completed the set by crafting the hel a few minutes ago. Unfortunately I can't remove the socket. I just checked and the shield causes a crash too, I havent added anything to it, the armor is on the verge of a crash it does not display any attriblutes at all when the set is complete, on my computer that means one more attribute and Diablo crashes.
Last edited by erk on Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:53 am

As mentioned previously Duriel did not drop a book in normal, which AA has now fixed. The matter I would like to put forward though is when playing multi-player games and doing a quest together, Duriel/Meph etc will only drop one book, not the additional for other player. Can this be fixed?

Also, with Amazon Multi-shot and not getting a damage bonus from Master Archer, can this be altered to include a bonus? It seems that Master Archer should have a bonus to all bow/crossbow skills.

edit: What is cold/lightning immunity level of Hell Bovines in Nightmare difficulty if they spawn with those immunities and what decrease in resist does 'piercing' provide? Is it 1:1 ?
Last edited by deranged128 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:31 am

Rogue";p="227791" wrote: Just to clarify about the Strafe/Master Archer synergy, when you say :
The display on it is incorrect (just checked the description file), but it should still increase the actual damage.
Does this mean my character screen is showing an incorrect, lower damage value, than the damage I am actually doing when using Strafe ?

If so, that's cool, although makes it hard to judge how effective adding points to Master Archer is, relative to adding points to Strafe.
As best as I've been able to tell, the Master Archer skill is correctly adding bonuses; just the display needs fixing.
erk";p="227769" wrote: Would it be possible to star a new character with a complete medallion instead of the two shards, to avoid the crash that can happen when you cube the two shards?
No, it's not. New characters can't begin the game with unique items in their inventory (or any kind of enchanted item for that matter) that contains actual stats. That's why I made the recipe for generating it instead.

Rogue";p="227789" wrote:
Are any of your skill rows full (when you select a right click skill)
Nope, only have skill points allocated to Multi, Guided, Strafe, and Freezing arrow, plus Valkyrie.

From top to bottom, in each row there are 3, 2, 1, 5, 3 skill icons on the right click.

Of possible interest, I picked up the Bunny Shoes which also have Vigor, which shows as 1/1 charges of Vigor level 2. The Long distance Runners only show +8 to Vigor, no charges. The Bunny shoes work ok, the icon appears correctly, and acts like an aura as appropriately ! The charge can't be used, it appears to be permanent ? Perhaps the Long Distance Runners Vigor addition only works for Paladins now ??
I'll have to check the skill granting properties for aura skills then and see if this is a general problem with items granting auras.
deranged128";p="227869" wrote: As mentioned previously Duriel did not drop a book in normal, which AA has now fixed. The matter I would like to put forward though is when playing multi-player games and doing a quest together, Duriel/Meph etc will only drop one book, not the additional for other player. Can this be fixed?

Also, with Amazon Multi-shot and not getting a damage bonus from Master Archer, can this be altered to include a bonus? It seems that Master Archer should have a bonus to all bow/crossbow skills.

edit: What is cold/lightning immunity level of Hell Bovines in Nightmare difficulty if they spawn with those immunities and what decrease in resist does 'piercing' provide? Is it 1:1 ?
You'll just have to determine in play who gets the skill book if you go multi-player; there's no way to define a different set of treasure drops for multiplayer games.

The only thing I know right now I could do with the multi-shot skill is make MasterArcher give more shots (because of the nature of the skill, I don't know if a damage bonus is possible). That could become very overpowering very quickly though.

The natural resistance of Hell Bovines in Nightmare is 85% for lightning and 50% for cold. According to the list on the Arreat Summit site (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/bonus.shtml) an elemental enchanted unique monster would get an extra 75% resistance to that element (and 40% if they're "Magic resistant"). So a Nightmare Hell Bovine could spawn with a cold resistance up to 125% and a lightning resistance up to 160%.

It's always been my understanding that elemental piercing (Sorc masteries and many enchanted items) decreases enemy resistance by the % value listed. It can't pierce an immunity though, no matter how high the piercing stat is (that's hardcoded into the game). Only skills that specifically reduce enemy resistances (like Conviction, Lower Resist, and Decay Scream) can pierce an immunity.
erk";p="227804" wrote: The Jorrens Reach Mancatcher (Hell) has too many attributes when the full set is used.
The stats do not display and if you socket it, the attribute that says it has a socket is enough to cause diablo to crash.

Also the gloves in the Arcomatic Aria set have the same problem, they cause a crash when the set is complete.

Also also the Sword in the Armour of God set, I put a socket and a Zod in it, and now diablo crashes from the single extra attribute. It was fine until I completed the set by crafting the hel a few minutes ago. Unfortunately I can't remove the socket. I just checked and the shield causes a crash too, I havent added anything to it, the armor is on the verge of a crash it does not display any attriblutes at all when the set is complete, on my computer that means one more attribute and Diablo crashes.
Sets are just really annoying (and it seems the files allow you to input more stats for them than the game can actually handle :p ). But all the items you mentioned include some stats I've managed to group together, so that'll cut down a bit on the number of lines they'll display (and should fix a lot of crash problems with various sets).

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:40 am

i had problems with synergys for necro's poison stuff. nova got no change from poison mastery, time or dmg. i think (cant remember now for sure, was last night :P ) bone mastery didnt boost spear, but it could have been some other spell, definately had some trouble with those synergys anyway :(

oh and gauntlet drops actually increased for me :O (im sure u said mirror drops were ment to get worse) got at least 10 mirrors from 1 run, and cliff cliff notes both runs (only done 2 so far :D )
which i consider 2 be 2 of the best items from the gauntlet. oh and worst of all, this was a NORM run.

maybe just been lucky on my runs, but twice in a row seems to fortunate.
I went to the mall and i balled to hard
Oh my god is that a black card?
I turned around and replied why yes
But i prefer the term african american express!

Acromatic Aria
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Acromatic Aria » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:57 pm

13ad_13oy";p="227925" wrote: i had problems with synergys for necro's poison stuff. nova got no change from poison mastery, time or dmg. i think (cant remember now for sure, was last night :P ) bone mastery didnt boost spear, but it could have been some other spell, definately had some trouble with those synergys anyway :(

oh and gauntlet drops actually increased for me :O (im sure u said mirror drops were ment to get worse) got at least 10 mirrors from 1 run, and cliff cliff notes both runs (only done 2 so far :D )
which i consider 2 be 2 of the best items from the gauntlet. oh and worst of all, this was a NORM run.

maybe just been lucky on my runs, but twice in a row seems to fortunate.
What did you look at to see the skills weren't working. I just tested both masteries, and they worked fine (looked at the character screen damage).

Your Gauntlet drops are very lucky or mine are very unlucky. I've done four or five runs in Normal since the changes and have never gotten more than two mirrors in a run (not sure I've ever gotten Cliff Notes either).

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:31 pm

i was looking at bottom right display, definately didnt change.

lol dont about 5 more and no more cliff notes but still averaging 5-7 a run :O

also have all of the fruits from just the 1st 3 runs and almost a second complete set of em :P

maybe just me. LUV the bosses at the end of the gauntlet, makes a 5min run seem more of an achievment :D

EDIT: i forgot 2 ask, do those 2 guys have souls? leviathan and bilial (sp? on both)
Last edited by 13ad_13oy on Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Using the monster gate inside the gauntlet prize room causes the game to crash.

In Baal form several things did not affect me: curses, skill shrines and probably more.

13ad_13oy, check the last page of the recipes book for an answer to your question.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:54 pm

thx, got the answer in the form of the drop itself ;)

renjer

Post by renjer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:07 am

I don't know whether anyone else have this problem. If my paladin uses other skills which require a corpse to activate (like Prize Spawner or Raise Skeleton) I will get damaged for no reason. The skeleton still comes out. However, I tried using Prize Spawner with other characters too, there was no problem.

deranged128

Post by deranged128 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:19 am

I am using an lvl 130 Act 2 mercenary (thanks AA for fixing them) with my clvl 246 Amazon, currently up to Act 3 in Hell. (did a few cow runs, hence the high level)

Each time he levels up he loses a significant portion of his health (around 25%) and if you are in a crowded area where he will level up fast and gain another levl again, his health can drop down to yellow and not even get hit.

He is wearing the 'Hell' Jorren's set, in which at present you can't see the attributes of his weapon and therefore can't risk socketing and adding a skull to give him some life leach. (I know this has been looked at and a fix is coming)

Why does he lose health when levelling up? (I noticed this with an act 5 mercenary also prior to changing to the act 2 variety) Can it be fixed?

13ad_13oy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by 13ad_13oy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:00 pm

renjer: this is because ur a defender of the light, praise the lord etc etc etc, u have to be slightly punished for usin those skills :D

SillyGreenMonkey
Paladin

Post by SillyGreenMonkey » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:52 pm

From watching my barbarian merc level up from his character screen, I have noticed that he is not losing life, his total life has just increased by a few hundred or so. While he has not been hit, he is no longer at his max life.

Return to “Nezeramontias”