Wheres find the 4/5/6 socket ?

Information and updates for the Nezeramontias mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Acromatic Aria

No votes

Total votes: 0

Exterminator1er

Wheres find the 4/5/6 socket ?

Post by Exterminator1er » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:28 am

i never see a weapon with 4/5/6 socket for hoto ou cta or passion where i can try it ?

Collectiveminds
Banned
Crusader

Re: Wheres find the 4/5/6 socket ?

Post by Collectiveminds » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:29 pm

how about socketing white items with socket screws?
Last edited by Collectiveminds on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Div03

Post by Div03 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm

Socket screws only work on magical, rare, set, or unique items.

I'm not sure what the best way is, but it involves using minimal magic find. When I was looking I only had 69% and the majority of items were still blue.
Last edited by Div03 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOL I DUNNO

Gospodarik
Paladin

Post by Gospodarik » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:38 pm

The farther your progress in the game is, the more sockets can appear on a white (normal) item. So probably six-socket ones only spawn in late NM and Hell.
Modding is funny, but as soon as a crash bug is caused the fun ends!
Card carrying member of Mentaldom, since June 2007 - Zy-El Hardcore

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:00 pm

To maximize your Socket search, remove as much of your Magic Find items as possible, MF increases the drop rate of Magic, Rare, Set and Unique items, and conversely lowers the rate for normal, socket, and ethereal items.

The bonus is that you can wear items that maximize your kill speed instead.

A good place to search is the Cow Level, many cows make many drops, and the creature density is very high, so lots of drops in a small area. Act V Ice Tunnel areas and Act IV plains are also good areas for lots of drops if you need some diversity. Using players 8 also increases the drops per creature killed, at the cost of kill speed.

doneb

Post by doneb » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 pm

hey hey look at this.
i just used a key of unique then this was made
btw it was 'blue item' i dont really know what to put there :(
Breath of the Dying doesnt seem to work for me at all
any suggestions?

Rogue

Post by Rogue » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:03 am

Note that runewords will not work in Enchanted items, ie magic/rare/set/unique.

Dosen't really matter what you put in there, it is the Ultima Weapon !! If your using Omnislash, then damage is proportional to your hit points, plus it does multiple hits very quickly, only Physical Immune creatures do not fear it !

Suggest placing some Divine Standard Gems into for elemental damage, they scale with your level. Also look for some Class Specific Gems to place in it, they always have useful attributes. I wouldn't try placing a Boss Soul Jewel in there, you might exceed the max number of attributes for an item, and crash the game.

You could also scout the shops for some useful runes, there might be sosmething worth while.

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:57 pm

If I remember some socketed items:

Weapon: Ultima Weapon (6), Berserker Axe/Phase Blade (6 max, useful for Chaos|Depression's)

Armor: Armor of Larian (4)

Shields: Shield of the Dragon (Set Monarch - 3), Headhunter's Glory (Troll's Nest - 3)

Helms: Not sure, but Wrath of Cardice (unique Diadem) is good cause it gives +2 all skills and some other bonuses. But the chance of Firestorm on striking can be a problem on fire absorbers like Lizzies.

Gloves/Belt/Boots - Make the socket ones. Gauntlet Attire is recommended because they are all pieces of that set and add bonuses. The entire set gives you +6 Vigor aura.

The rest is up to you. I would at least put a Divine Skull into your Ultima, for 10% ml/ll. And try to get yourself an Energy Reaver witht hat which adds another bonus to both of htem.

To make Call to arms, just do it on a War Axe, it has up to 6 sockets and a low level req.
Last edited by Hellwolf_36 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nezeramontias”