Questions about animation structure

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

FIGURE-

Questions about animation structure

Post by FIGURE- » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I recently finished making all the animations for a new monster I want to make. The animations are created from hellfire's monk animations. I've never actually made a new monster before so I need to be pushed in the right direction. :D

I know this is not how the animations are supposed to be placed, but I just wanted to
explain things a little bit. I'm using a new token, ^K and I need to know how I have to place these files. I need to make a bunch of sub folders right?

I also don't have the COF files yet. That'll be another thing I'll most likely need help with so if anyone can fill me in on where they should be placed and/or how to edit them, that would be awesome.

Note: I am following some tutorials on here, this (and the creation of COF files) is pretty much the only thing I'm wondering about right now.

Thanks in advance! :D

Eimernase
Paladin

Re: Questions about animation structure

Post by Eimernase » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:07 am

Yes, you need a new subfolder like this:

data\global\monsters\your token-name (^K for your example)

In this new folder, create new folders

- a folder named as "cof"
- new folders like your layer used. Mostly you will have an animation with only 1 layer for all bodyparts, so create a folder with name "tr"

Your animation files need to be renamed too, depends at which animation they are and from with token.
Those dcc-files copy then in this "tr"-folder.
As example:

Code: Select all

Attack = A1 (^KtrlitA1hth.dcc)
Gethit = GH (^KtrlitGHhth.dcc)
Walk = WL (^KtrlitWLhth.dcc)
Get Death = DT (^KtrlitDThth.dcc)
Death = DD (^KtrlitDDhth.dcc)
Idle (your views) = NU (^KtrlitNUhth.dcc)
The DD-animation isnt realy an animation, its just only 1 frame for any direction from the death body at ground.
So you can take your death-animation, and delete there all other frames from any direction up to the last and save/convert it.

Then you need create cof-files, one for any new animation. The names are similar with above.
Here are the names you need:

Code: Select all

^KA1hth.cof
^KDDhth.cof
^KDThth.cof
^KGHhth.cof
^KNUhth.cof
^KWLhth.cof
Did you mean this tutorial? (Chapter 5 for cof-files)

Here you can find advanced information about cof layer (the post from Paul Siramy)

And at least..you need edit your Animdata.d2 to add new lines for those animations.
Tools for this you can find at Paul Siramy's Website

FIGURE-

Post by FIGURE- » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:10 am

Thank you very much! This what I needed! Hopefully I don't run into any problems. :D

Eimernase
Paladin

Post by Eimernase » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:17 am

Good luck....and if you have trouble with them, feel free to ask here. ;)

Return to “Multimedia”