Bug reports

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Nacnud

Re: Bug reports

Post by Nacnud » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 pm

I just got Cain and I haven't seen any new bugs since my last report! The training scrolls are not dropping like normal. I have to farm areas over and over to get one. It's taking about a hour for each scroll to drop. Anyone else having that problem? My crafting is only at level 5 now and need to get to level 10 to make me a level 5 bow.

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:21 am

I just installed 5.01 and looks like you guys got it good to go! I killed Shamans and kicked baskets for a hour and no crashes! Great job on the fix!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Nacnud" wrote:I just installed 5.01 and looks like you guys got it good to go! I killed Shamans and kicked baskets for a hour and no crashes! Great job on the fix!
Great news to hear,

I'm going look into issue winXP users have, but may take a few days as I need install it first on my old computer.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Assertion Failure
Expression : DungeonTestRoomGame ( hRoom, nX, nY)
11:17:56.894 Stac
This occurred this morning Patch 5.01 installed.
Had played about a half hour. By a mysterious shrine

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:47 pm

In wich area were you when this happened ?

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm

My apology
Playing a Guardian. Trans-Athulua
Crossed a bridge, was a Mysterious Shrine. By the pathway to the Den cave

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Doses it can be recreated if you go there again ? If yes, try to make a LAN game, then left and try again on single player.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Elad" wrote:Assertion Failure
Expression : DungeonTestRoomGame ( hRoom, nX, nY)
11:17:56.894 Stac
This occurred this morning Patch 5.01 installed.
Had played about a half hour. By a mysterious shrine
This error happens because unit try to spawn an object (portal?) and it fails to find room for the object. I Know there is a bug in blizzard's code that cause this issue. If you can get the bug repeatable it will be easier figure it out.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Tried 6 times, no repeats Shrine is for magic. By a bridge. Shine for magic, and a shrine for mana both work ok..
Where I thought the first shrine that crashed is a dead tree. But then I wasn't paying that much attention when it happened

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:20 pm

It looks like I have solved winXP issue now, I had some discussions with Mnw1995, who had a good idea what I should look for, so thanks too him to get me into right direction. He have test the change, and have let me know issue is gone now.

EDIT:
Tried 6 times, no repeats Shrine is for magic. By a bridge. Shine for magic, and a shrine for mana both work ok..
Where I thought the first shrine that crashed is a dead tree. But then I wasn't paying that much attention when it happened
Ah, then Xaphan should look at that map. possible an error from his side somewhere. I know, issue like this happens if objects is spawned to close warps also.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Could be a map Issue, sure, but IF I undestand him right, he is crashing in Tran Athulua marsh, wich is in act 1. That was released more than 1 year ago and never had any report of a crash there, so that's a bit strange :)

azurewraith

Post by azurewraith » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 pm

I also got the same error playing on Single Player as a necro clicked on a Shrine in Kalinash's Jungle wish I knew how to post a screen shot since I have one of the error.

Edit Xaphan :
Here is the SS
http://s855.photobucket.com/user/Diablo ... 1.jpg.html

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Xaphan" wrote:Could be a map Issue, sure, but IF I undestand him right, he is crashing in Tran Athulua marsh, wich is in act 1. That was released more than 1 year ago and never had any report of a crash there, so that's a bit strange :)
Let me know what shrines you are using, can look into shrine code if I can improve code abit. The second error report clearly shows a shrine, so sounds it could be my fault.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:38 pm

From the screenshot, this can be shrines with func 2, 14, 6 or 15.

14 drop potions, but that's not an object.
6 open a portal (to town). It's probably this one. Also, I saw during some tests that the portal it open closes once you take it back, wich is not the case in vanilla if I remember right.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 am

Xaphan" wrote:From the screenshot, this can be shrines with func 2, 14, 6 or 15.

14 drop potions, but that's not an object.
6 open a portal (to town). It's probably this one. Also, I saw during some tests that the portal it open closes once you take it back, wich is not the case in vanilla if I remember right.
Yeah know about portals, right now in my code blue portals (non permanent) red portals (permanent). You could just change object to red portal if you want it permenent.

I will check func #6 tomorrow and see if I find anything.

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:50 pm

I am at Viz-Jun now and didn't see any bugs along the way here even with doing some farming for Training sheets. The drop rate on the Training Sheets is really poor on my hunter.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Training pages have a 0.2% chance to loot from any monster. You can increase this if you play on a higher /players setting (as pretty much every other drops).

You can go up to crafting level 100 with thems, so no need to have more than 100 pages on normal difficulty.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:07 am

Another shrine crash. Not same location Same general locations looking for low level charms.

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am

Shrines don't spawn portal. It says give u home free but no portals there.

And the "Drain Stamina" monster speciabilities haven't removed.

My tester reported that coffins can't open ramdomly, location is cathedral of light.
Last edited by Cai_Miao-BTH on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:13 pm

I got a Assertion Failure Location:D2 Game\player\pir save.ccp Line #1811 Expression:!" Charater too many items.
Item was part of a rune Essence of The Power of Hefaetrus. I had two parts combined already and was putting the third part in the cube to complete the rune and got this crash. I had just used a town portal from the Catacombs of the Cathedral and bags were about 3/4 full. I was using 5.01.

Xapham

I PM you part of a logfile on the bug it looks like the bug came from Data\Global\Monsters
Last edited by Nacnud on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Nacnud" wrote:I got a Assertion Failure Location:D2 Game\player\pir save.ccp Line #1811 Expression:!" Charater too many items.
Item was part of a rune Essence of The Power of Hefaetrus. I had two parts combined already and was putting the third part in the cube to complete the rune and got this crash. I had just used a town portal from the Catacombs of the Cathedral and bags were about 3/4 full. I was using 5.01.
Thats an old bug about the char save file becoming too big . Its not a biggie happen to me a lot hope Xaphan will found a fix to it .
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:58 pm

prodigypm" wrote:
Nacnud" wrote:I got a Assertion Failure Location:D2 Game\player\pir save.ccp Line #1811 Expression:!" Charater too many items.
Thats an old bug about the char save file becoming too big . Its not a biggie happen to me a lot hope Xaphan will found a fix to it .
It will be fixed once I have implemented the extended savefile code into dreamlands.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Yup, Dreamland is more or less my only hope to fix this one. It's pretty complex and I'm not good enough at code editing to do it alone.

Till then, my advice is to NOT put any item in the 1st page of your personnal stash. While it won't stop the bug to happen, it will at least reduce it's chance to ruin your game. The error itself happen when the game try to autosave your character (or if you save and exit) when the character file would exced 8192 kb.

Cai_Miao-BTH
China

Post by Cai_Miao-BTH » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Can't read lores in game with my translated language. I don't know if it's another language-specified files that I haven't found/converted.

Some strings in english string.tbl use both "Moonbreath" and "Breathmoon" spellings. I think they should be one as "Breathmoon".

The quest info about <string.tbl>qstsa1q61 said you can find key "in the depths of Mount Nymyr", but players at last they find the Key of darkness in Tamoe's Cave. So I suggest to make it clear to reduce the frequent ask about this.
Translator for Simplified Chinese.
Discord: cai_miao#0861
Translated BTH by onyx, HU by Soulmancer (until 2.x),
LRdO (approved) by Xaphan and Median XL: Sigma by the MXL community.
D2MFC & D2FTM, Modern Font Customize solution for Diablo II

Future project:
- Set of Font with FULL Latin, CHI, JAP and RUS character support. To much time needed.
- BFE by TrueMage - to Simplified Chinese from English
- ES (original) by PerfectCell to Simplified Chinese from English/Japanese
-Touhou Diablo by Bishibosh-A - to English/Japanese from Chinese

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:55 am

Code: Select all

D2Common\UNITS\UnitRoom.cpp line #44
DungeonTestRoomGame(hRoom, nX, nY)
Location: Tran Athulua, after clicking a Mysterious Shrine near a bridge
Version: 5.01

:mrgreen:

Code: Select all

Stamina bar goes berserk and overlaps the ui when your char dies

*just started playing my first char here haha :lol:
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”