PATCH B28 (Jul, 28): reiyo_oki and tsuru's patch for ES 3.0

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

PATCH B28 (Jul, 28): reiyo_oki and tsuru's patch for ES 3.0

Post by tsuru » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:26 am

reiyo_oki and tsuru's patch for Eastern Sun 3.00 is online.
This patch includes tsuru's patch (es3priv_fix.zip, 08/19/04), reiyo_oki's patch (es3-patch.zip, 12/24/2004), and some new fixes by tsuru.
Any feedback is welcome.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3top.htm

July 28, 2005 (reiyo_tsuru_es300patch_B28.zip)

Skill Fixes
All Classes -done.

Added Skills
Amazon - Dance of Death, Viper Bite, Legendary Arrow
Assassin - Shuriken, Iaigiri
Barbarian - Magic Throw, Phantom Hatchets, Berserk Fury, Vigor of the Ancients, Luck of the Ancients, Find treasure
Druid - Iron Claws, Cow Baloon
Necromancer - Killer Scythe, Hell's Gate
Paladin - Arrow of Confession, Sacred Piercer
Sorceress - Fanatic Swing, Aerial Guard

Removed Skills
Amazon- Impale
Barbarian - Grim Ward, Find Potion, Find Item, Increase Speed
Last edited by tsuru on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:56 pm, edited 29 times in total.

NickGray

Re: NEW PATCH: reiyo_oki and tsuru's patch for ES 3.00

Post by NickGray » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:15 am

Well, noble Paladin (XD) i encountered a problem with the patch.... ia had a Diablo II 1.10 LOD (with the PlugY 5.04 instaled). Then, i just did the folder named "es300" and unzipped the Eastern Sun (the -direct -text one) in that folder, installed the PlugY in that folder too and installed the patch. But when i go to run it, before the Blizzard and Blizzard and Blizzard North emblems, the game sends me:

"UNHANDLED EXCEPTION
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)"

This is the same error that occurs when i close the standard Diablo, but it happen just when i get out the game, so it's ok. I was playing the mod before, so i think that it is very good, so i wanted that the bugs were corrected.... but now i can't even open the game! Please, help me!
P.S.: Sorry for my english

Thanks (Muito Obrigado)
"Ser ou não ser, eis a questão.... se Diablo III for 3D, eu vou jogar não! XD"

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:56 pm

You shouldn't install PlugY in "es300" folder. :( If you have installed PlugY 5.04 in "Diablo II" folder, that's enough. In other words you need following files at least.

Diablo II\PlugY.dll
Diablo II\PlugY\EmptyPage.dc6
Diablo II\PlugY\PlugYDefault.ini
Diablo II\PlugY\PlugYFixed.ini
Diablo II\PlugY\StashBtns.dc6
Diablo II\PlugY\StatsBackground.dc6
Diablo II\PlugY\statsinterface.txt
Diablo II\PlugY\TradeStash.dc6
Diablo II\PlugY\UnassignSkillsBtns.dc6
Diablo II\PlugY\UnassignStatsBtns.dc6

Then make this folder.
Diablo II\es300

Unzip easternsun300.zip there.

Run reiyo_tsuru_es300patch_xx.exe

Ravenforce3
Champion of the Light

Post by Ravenforce3 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:12 pm

I've been away for some time now, and I just want to make sure I understand...does this mean most of the problems with Flame Wave are fixed?

I also like the idea of being able to turn off R.I.P. off on the merc. I really hated that when I was trying to use Necro skills or Redemption.
SOMEONE WANNA GET THIS FLAYER SKULL OUT OF MY CHEST?!

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 am

I dunno, I'm a bit confused. I didnt create an es300 folder, it wasnt a requirement in the beginning. Are you saying to install it again and put it in that folder for the patch? Will it overwrite anything important? I dont want to clutter up the files and make duplicates. THe PlugY patch seems to have worked, and I am noticing little changes here and there. But I am not sure still if the patch is on correctly.

The plague poppy, thats the poison creeper right? I still can only summon one of those, as well as only 5 wolves for my druid.

Argh. I think this may just lead to me reinstalling everything and starting off fresh again x.x

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Sun May 01, 2005 8:47 am

BudTheSpud";p="222488" wrote:I didnt create an es300 folder, it wasnt a requirement in the beginning. Are you saying to install it again and put it in that folder for the patch?
Yes. This doesn't touch your old ES 3.00.
Will it overwrite anything important? I dont want to clutter up the files and make duplicates.
No. After you confirm the new patched ES runs fine, copy your characters to the new save folder. After you confirm your characters are imported fine, delete the old ones if you want. Those who also play non SP can reserve and run the old (unpatched) ES.
THe PlugY patch seems to have worked, and I am noticing little changes here and there. But I am not sure still if the patch is on correctly.
If patch is correctly applied, you can see the string "ES 3.00 reiyo/tsuru's_patch" in the lower left corner of the title screen.
The plague poppy, thats the poison creeper right?
Yes. "plague poppy" is the internal name of the poison creeper, which I simply cut and pasted form reiyo's readme. I will correct the readme in the next patch.
Argh. I think this may just lead to me reinstalling everything and starting off fresh again x.x
The only thing you can't carry over is the amazon one hand spear (Perforator /Skiver/Skewer). Any reason why you don't believe me?

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Mon May 02, 2005 8:25 pm

Bah, didnt work. I put in the es300 folder, and installed the patch, but no change. My diablo folder is cluttered with the es300 stuff and plugY stuff, and the folder with es300 and the supposed patch.

I dont mind just reinstalling and doing this again off clean. But if I do, would that mean I should just make a es300 folder instead of on the diablo 2 folder?

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Mon May 02, 2005 9:23 pm

[quote=BudTheSpud";p="222713"]I don't mind just reinstalling and doing this again off clean. But if I do, would that mean I should just make a es300 folder instead of on the diablo 2 folder?[/quote]

No :!: Install D2 & D2LOD like normal - go to battle.net and make sure you've got the most recent patch for D2LOD. Then install Eastern Sun into a folder IN the D2 folder called ES300. After doing that, and installing the patches from Tsuru in the right spots, make sure that you've installed and ran the D2MOD program. To run Eastern Sun after that make sure you have the following lines for you're shortcut for it too work.

Target - "D:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt

Start In - "D:\Program Files\Diablo II\ES300"

Hope that helps. :)

I've got like 15 or so MOD's installed on my computer. Took some fancy working to get them all working so they didn't conflict with the original D2LOD. I did it though. :bravo2: Some use .MPQ files, some use -direct -text setup to run, and still a few others use a slight variation of -direct.

What I want to know is, will the patches work with the .MPQ version of Eastern Sun :?:

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Mon May 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Waaiiitaaminute. So the MPQ part of Eastern Sun is optional? Or do you need that and the zip?

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Mon May 02, 2005 9:47 pm

There are two versions of Eastern Sun, one is the MPQ version and the other is the -direct -txt version. Basically everything that is originally installed in the ES300 folder (with nothing extra) is contained in the MPQ file. Took me a few weeks to figure out the difference myself. Wasn't smart enough to ask in the forum what the difference was. :oops:

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Mon May 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Dammit. I uninstalled everything to the best of my ability, uninstalled diablo 2 and deleted the Diablo 2 folder. But now I reinstall them, and LoD, and when trying to install the 1.10 update, it tells me that the patch cannot be applied because it is for a different version of the game.

Got it from Program Files/Diablo2/game.exe
File Version: 1.0.7.0

Damn...Another roadblock.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Mon May 02, 2005 10:26 pm

Before trying the patch, go on Battle.net. That will make sure you've got the right version of D2LOD. It checks your version of basic D2LOD and will update to the current version automatically.

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Mon May 02, 2005 11:52 pm

Well alright, so I upgraded via battle net, and then put Eastern Sun in an es300 folder in Diablo 2 folder. Then I installed PlugY Survival Kit, unzipped all the files into the Diablo 2 folder, then I installed the new patch in es300. But only problem is that the PlugY patch seems to not be in properly, as my inventory is still 10x9 and the shared stash icon hasnt changed.

So what do I do? I heard earlier its not good to put in PlugY into the es300 folder. Maybe I'm wrong?

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Tue May 03, 2005 2:58 am

Well, I tried it as it is, its ok, some of the stuff works, but some of it doesnt. It seems gambling for sets is harder, and you get magic as well as rare items. I cant wait to get an exceptional or elite, I wonder if you can get any off the bat with the simple weapons and armor.

But the poison vine skill doesnt work. Its supposed to summon multiple vines right? Only can summon one, at around level 7 for it now too. The patch seems to be on though, its acknowledged in the title screen. Still waiting on the plugY thing though too.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue May 03, 2005 3:56 am

Note that this patch works ONLY for the direct/txt version fo Eastern Sun, NOT the MPQ version.

You CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT summon more than one Poison Creeper. That was causing incredible amounts of lag, due to the graphically intensive overlay the vine applies on hitting something. One vine isn't a big deal, but with two or more, it would build up, and the game would slow down massively. The original Eastern Sun allowed more than one Poison Creeper to be summoned, and it was reduced for this reason.

The wolves got a SMALL number increase (five for dire, and seven for spirit)

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Tue May 03, 2005 5:54 am

Damn, now I just got my rogue, and noticed I cant equip her with anything but the set rogue stuff. Whats going on?

I thank you all in advance for your help though.

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Tue May 03, 2005 7:12 am

Your post is too emotional and not explanatory. Please explain what is how wrong in what situation in more detail. If your problem is fixed, please report what was wrong and how you fixed it for other forum members who may encount the same problem. Please read the doc well and complain only if the things written there don't work.

[quote=BudTheSpud";p="222766"]Damn, [/quote]
You damn me?

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Tue May 03, 2005 7:01 pm

No I am not damning you Tsuru. I was merely frustrated with how these problems keep popping up. Is english your first language? I do not mean to offend.

I will try to explain these problems better. All this has happened after I reinstalled everything, installed the new 1.10 patch, put es300 in its own folder in diablo 2, and installed the new reiyo_oki and tsuru patch.

First of all, that PlugY Survival Kit does not seem to be working properly. My stash is still 10x9 and the shared stash icon has not changed. I installed the PlugY in the diablo 2 folder.

I am finding now that I cannot equip my rogue mercenary with anything but the set Rogue items. This was not a problem before I reinstalled.

Again, any help would be appreciated, and I thank you all in advance.

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Tue May 03, 2005 9:32 pm

BudTheSpud" wrote:No I am not damning you Tsuru. I was merely frustrated with how these problems keep popping up. Is english your first language? I do not mean to offend.
Yes, my first language is Japanese. I know what you mean, but please remember it's also frustrating to read and answer an emotional and ambiguous question, especially when written in a foreign language.
BudTheSpud" wrote:First of all, that PlugY Survival Kit does not seem to be working properly. My stash is still 10x9 and the shared stash icon has not changed. I installed the PlugY in the diablo 2 folder.
I can't understand why you think so. The stash size of ES is always 10x10, regardless of PlugY. Did you confuse with the inventry size? The invenrty size of ES is originally 11x9 and 10x9 if patched. I can't understand the phrase "the shared stash icon has not changed", either. If PlugY doesn't work there is NO shared stash button at all.
tsuru" wrote:If patch is correctly applied, you can see the string "ES 3.00 reiyo/tsuru's_patch" in the lower left corner of the title screen.
Did you read this? The string is displayed by PlugY. If you can see this, PlugY is worknig fine, too.

I've added the screenshots of my Diablo II folder and es300 folder to the download page for the reference.

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Tue May 03, 2005 10:32 pm

Okay then, I understand all that now. The patch is installed properly. Thanks for your help.

With those sorted out, then the only problem I have left, is that my merc cant equip anything but the set items for it. Like the Rogues Bow, and Rogues Cap. But it wont let anything else be equipped that would usually be allowed. Is this intentional or a bug? I didnt have the problem before the patch.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed May 04, 2005 12:39 am

That's a problem with your PlugY.ini

There should be a line that looks like

DllToLoad=

Change it to

DllToLoad=D2Hireling.dll

That should fix the problem. Note that I'm not entirely sure of the capitalization for that line in PlugY.ini, but it should be something very similar.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Wed May 04, 2005 8:56 am

The PlugY.ini in the patch has the line "DllToLoad=D2Hireling.dll". If you like to check, the PlugY.ini newly installed by the patch is in "es300" folder.

If this line is blank, mercs can equip no gloves, no belt, no boots and no jewelry. But they can still equip any weapons, helm, and body armor (including other items than sets), so I'm afraid this isn't your case.

BudTheSpud

Post by BudTheSpud » Wed May 04, 2005 8:11 pm

Okay, thanks everyone for all your help. Everything looks good. Though I can only summon 5 spirit wolves instead of the 7 that reiyo oki said was changed.

Ravenforce3
Champion of the Light

Post by Ravenforce3 » Thu May 05, 2005 7:29 pm

Hey, I've run into some problems with your patch.

First, a lot of the Assasin skills are broken now. Blade Shield refuses to cast, BoS only lasts 12 seconds and doesn't list the IAS, most of the charges only list one or two levels of charge (although they do charge fully,) Venom also only lasts about 15 seconds, and Shade Armor doesn't have a duration listed by it.

Second, turning off RIP, for me, doesn't work. I strapped on the set to a Rogue on my druid and, even though the set CLAIMED RIP was turned off, the animation was still there, shamans couldn't ressurect their minions, and, most importantly, my vines couldn't eat corpses.

These may have been brought up in the bug thread; I don't know. I've been away from ES for a while now. I thank you in advance for your response and I look forward to working with you to help resolve these problems.
SOMEONE WANNA GET THIS FLAYER SKULL OUT OF MY CHEST?!

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Fri May 06, 2005 5:53 am

Ravenforce3";p="223161" wrote:First, a lot of the Assasin skills are broken now. Blade Shield refuses to cast, BoS only lasts 12 seconds and doesn't list the IAS, most of the charges only list one or two levels of charge (although they do charge fully,) Venom also only lasts about 15 seconds, and Shade Armor doesn't have a duration listed by it.
I didn't touch any Assassin skills other than DCraw, DTail, DTalon, DFlight. Do those skills work fine in unpatched ES 3.00?
Second, turning off RIP, for me, doesn't work.
The item stat screen sometimes tells a lie. If RIP isn't displayed but you found it's still on, put the helm (or torso) on and off again. Sounds a bit inconvenient but I think it's better than making "no RIP" merc sets because even for a Necro, RIP is handy on some occasion. :P

edit.
I've forgot the fix of Traps, which doesn't matter in this case, though. :lol: Ravenforce3, I believe something is wrong with your ES. I've tested following skills, and most of the issues you experienced didn't occur for me.

ES 3.00, patched with reiyo_tsuru_es300patch.

Blade Shield Level 1
Can be cast and lasts as long as displayed (70 sec).
Additional Damage is reflected to the character screen.

Fade Level 1
Lasts as long as displayed (156 sec).
Resistance is oddly displayed as P19 L19 C19 F20 in skill icon but grants All Resist 20.
Hidden DR% bonus works (10+Skill Level%), which is greater than that of LoD.

BoS Level 1
Lasts as long as displayed (168 sec).
IAS bonus and FRW bonus don't work at all.

Venom Level 1
Lasts as long as displayed (135 sec).
Poison Damage is reflected to the character screen.

Shadow Armor Level 1
Duration isn't displayed.
Defense Bonus and DR% bonus works fine.

Also, all charge up skills display thier 3 charges both on the skill icons and on the skill screen.

BoS has a critical bug and Shadow Armor has a display bug, but the patch has nothing to do with them.

edit2.
I thought The IAS bonus and FRW bonus of BoS don't work because PlugY's status screen doesn't display them. But I found it's PlugY's bug. PlugY can't display them in vanilla LoD, either. BoS actually enhances your attack speed and run/walk speed.
Last edited by tsuru on Fri May 06, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Eastern Sun”