Dun DUUN DUUUNNN!!! (all dramatic like) - Blackened Mod B1

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Dun DUUN DUUUNNN!!! (all dramatic like) - Blackened Mod B1

Post by Adhin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:46 am

Blackened mod Beta 1 is out! YAY GO MEEE im in the midst of uploading the zip file as i type this. So it should be ready for download with in 5 min. So head on over to to the link in my sig and have fun :D

Noooww.... Um, So could i ehh...get forums now? hehe seeing as i got a working beta out ? ehh, ehh? :)

-edit-
figured id just edit this part insted of making a whole new thread
i just released a small fix for beta 1 that should take cae of a few things i just happend to miss wall i was half-awake. so to all you who did get my mod befor DL went down the crapper, head on over to my site (links in sig) and grab it.
Last edited by Adhin on Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Dun DUUN DUUUNNN!!! (all dramatic like) - Blackened Mod

Post by Alkalund » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:14 pm

To get a forum here you need to apply for hosting at the Phrozen Keep (well Planet Diablo currently that is). You can read this topic for details.

Or, you can apply for a topic at Non-Hosted Mods - read here for details.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:57 pm

oh wow, those are the most elegant looking panels I've seen so far besides SG's runemod paneling. Very nice indeed. Nice work on the necro skills and the skill tree icons and such.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:56 pm

Thanks Hash :)

And i geuss ill try applying for hosting cuz i aint got the damnest clue as to where to find some good forums heh. And a single topic, wall useful in its own tiny way just aint gonna be enough for me - mods gonna get to big heh.

-edit-
Think im gonna try ezboards for now :(

well, least till im forced to move hosting somewhere else..or maybe i can get some sort of big webspace souly for DLs...Ahh well, all in good time
Last edited by Adhin on Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:29 pm

Any particular reason you don't want to try for hosting through the Phrozen Keep?

If it's an issue of the ad banners for GameSpy, you can also send me an e-mail if you're interested in being on the (relatively)soon-to-be-unveiled PK Incubator site, which will be a sister site to the Keep.

It will be hosted on The Grotto, where we were briefly before our return to GameSpy. Server isn't as fast, but there are fewer rules and limitations.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:33 pm

no not the add banner, im just unsure on exactly what to do - but my site just hit a wall, seems more people DLed then i expect. and here i thought no one was paying attenchin lol.

Anyways i need hosting badly now seeing as my sites down for the next 2 hours due to to much bandwith use. only reason im unsure about signing up is i just simply don't know how! i mean if i had to send some one a MP to show them my site can't you just use my link in this thread? cuz i got no idea who im suppos to msg..or email..or...anything - im just confused right now :(

and aaany hosting would be a good thing - so ehh, how would i go about geting hosted by this PK incubator site thingy you speak of?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:11 pm

The Incbubator will be a similar system as applying for hosting through the Keep itself...but it's geared more toward those people who (a) don't have betas or final mods yet or (b) hate fileplanet so much that they don't want their downloads to be on GameSpy.

In your case, hosting through Phrozen Keep (which means you'd be on GameSpy / PlanetDiablo) is probably best. There are no storage or bandwidth limitations and a speedy, pretty reliable server.

What you should do is remove your download for now from your site...change it's name or move it to another directory so no one can access it. Arrange with Phrozen Heart or one of the other admins to get the beta into the Filecenter for now.

That means they can take the time to review your site and send approval through proper channels at PlanetDiablo, and there will be a place (our own mod archives) where people can get your beta while you await approval.

Also, you could apply for a non-hosted thread to hold you over until you (hopefully) get hosting and your own forum here.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:53 pm

Alright ill be taking your advice then jbouley, which means guys no more DL till i can get the file to be hosted at phrozenkeep. and ill try to get hosted at PhrozenKeep as well however i was looking forward to doing a site void of an add, still at least i get to place the add where i want it unlike at tripod where its where ever it damn well pleases.

-edit-
i sent PhrozenHeart a PM but i have absolutly no idea where to find all 4 of there Emails to even do a mass email. is there someway to do that on here?
Last edited by Adhin on Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:31 am

Doesn't matter about the e-mail addresses (I thought they were on the staff page). Phrozen Heart will forward the message (Heck, I'll probably get "cc"ed on it too ;) :P). Even if he doesn't forward it right away, the other admins will see it here in this thread soon enough, most likely. :)
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:36 am

hehe well thanks jbouley, heh ya saved me a headache thats for sure. now its just playin' the waiting game i guess - waiting, pfft...whoever came up with that idea is a bad bad man :cry: ;)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:40 am

If you don't hear back from anyone by Monday evening about getting your mod beta into the Filecenter, e-mail me and I can work it out with you so that at least you'll have a download link to offer for the mod. I don't have the time right now (it's actually my anniversary tonight) and I'm trying to extract myself from Keep admin duties...but if there are any delays, I can at least help you get the beta into our filecenter by no later than Tuesday.
-Jeff Bouley

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:55 am

heh congrats and ill make sure to PM ya with a link if things fall through by monday, thanks again for all the help jbouley :mrgreen:

-edit- alrighty no PM yet or anything but its probly for the best as i just found 3 faults i forgot to get done befor I was going to even release the stinking mod. this is a lesson to ALL of you public releasers out there - do not by any means release a mod when your as tired as i am right now hahaha.... Er right so anyways im gonna make them changes tomorrow and update the full sized DL, and make a patch for anyone who already managed to get it befor my site went poof. So ill PM you later onces its done jbouley to see if you can get it hosted. Untill them im gonna get some GOOD sleep, so i wont screw up anything else hahaha... man i need sleep
Last edited by Adhin on Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:18 am

It's part of this week's update but I guess I should post something here just to keep the masses happy

Blackened beta1 by Adhin (Link | Docs) :oops:
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:04 am

Thanks a ton PhrozenHeart!! ive updated my site along with 2 more screen shots and an updated fix file :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 pm

*This topic has been moved from Member Announcements to Blackened*

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:06 am

Very nice looking site, has me very interested(especially the said Planescape Torment influences, I REALLY need to play that game again). Downloading the mod & patch as I type this.

tkatk

Post by tkatk » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:15 pm

Looks like im not the only Forgotten Realms inspired person,good mod,good ideas 8-O ,dare i say..old engine :oops:

the new necro makes the original 1 look like a Piece of "censored for someones own good :P"

[ GiTieF ] Waggles_12

Post by [ GiTieF ] Waggles_12 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:20 am

Hey, I like your the way your mod is headed looking cool. Can't wait for you to mod the other classes and stuff.

Coupla things about it though. Perhaps a couple releases down the road you could replace the battle.net bar with a "Black Options" button.

Under this button there would be several options:

Name Function

Cleansing Puts back original Diablo 2 loading screens and such, taking out the nudity. [Mind you this isn't a complaint about it, but I don't want to have to rely on the saving alt-tab button]

Update Link to your site checking for updates.

Tome of Wisdom COmplete descriptions of spells

etc that sort of stuff.

coupla other things, I suggest releasing the mod in stages, one class at a time, then all monster changes, then quest changes etc. that keeps us 56kers from downloading a frikkin huge thing that takes forever.

Off the wall comment: Your backgrounds of nude ladies seem similar to the ones in the XYRAX or whatever mod. Are they done by the same artist? Where did you get these? I am thinking of doing a total conversion of Diablo 2 into a sort of fallout 2/arcanum type thingy and wouldnt mind some sweet art.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:38 am

Ill probly be inclueding instructions on how to remove the splash screens and load screen, however ferther down the road I may inclued a simple non-nude slash screen version. The thing is however some of the minons and such in the game will be semi-nude as well (Succubi from D1 for instance), that and im not censorships biggest fan heh.

Now about the multipul releases, that would probly bug you more then what we are doing. The thing is about updates along them lines is each 'patch' to the base version would end up being bigger then its base. In other words insted of DL Beta 2 with all chars/items in it, but getting each char sepretly would mean you would be downloading multipul files each one larger then the next, plus each one would have to contain majority of the files in the later version. This is due to each file is pretty much alterd. Ether way this means 1 file containing all the files at once.

as to the Bnet button change - only thing i could do with that is disable it. As to info this is only in beta 1 right now, probly inbetween Beta 2 and 3 ill be making a Manual which holds descriptions of the skills and such.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:39 am

-edit-

Damn thing was acting funky and posted 2 of em, sorry about that. :oops:
Last edited by Adhin on Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ GiTieF ] Waggles_12

Post by [ GiTieF ] Waggles_12 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:26 pm

The nude monsters arent a big deal, you know just run away from em or pause it. its just that the naked chicck holding your life bar is always there. thats the only thing I would consider having an option to remove. everything else can be avoided by exiting.

I identified the wrong mod, i said XYRAX, but i meant el-zy or something like that. you know, the one with the readme file that has all the naked assasins?

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:57 pm

Heh ya i know, however i think only 1 is only partly naked. And majority of the stuff he has was cover art for Marvel comic stuff. The assassin look-alike is a character from Xmen comics i think, her name escapes me at the moment. Anyways the stuff ive been using has been from old DnD cover art and some stuff done by some guy i can't remember. Luis or..something, ether way i may just completly redo the health globes, i need to redo that thing anyways to make it match up a bit better.

Sooo until then heres what you need to do to remove that part. in
data/global/ui/panel
remove the following .dc6 files

800ctrlpnl7.dc6
hlthmana.dc6
overlap.dc6

that will remove the ladies and go back to the original D2 look for mana/hp globes (but keep the inventory and cube and such)

Now if you wanna also get rid of the intro stuff just get rid of the stuff in ui/loading and ui/frontend

hope this helps for now =)

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:09 pm

[quote=Adhin";p="141422"]
The assassin look-alike is a character from Xmen comics i think
[/quote]
Betsy Bradock aka Psylocke. The ninja wanabee outfit is currently her new look after being ressurected by some extradimensionnal forceS.

[quote=Adhin";p="141422"]
Luis or..something
[/quote]

Luis Royo, album Secrets III to be exact.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

[ GiTieF ] Waggles_12

Post by [ GiTieF ] Waggles_12 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:59 pm

ack, this forum is wierd, there is no reply to a specific post command.

and yes that helps, thx for your time.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:45 am

hah go joel :mrgreen:
thats the guy i was thinking of, Luis Royo, damn good artist, and i got alot more pictures then just secrets III :twisted:

Return to “Blackened”